E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #141
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
gtfo griff
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #142
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliVertBoy View Post
Oh crap! How am I supposed to plug this phone in to my car with the new connector? Are they going to have an adapter?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #143
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post

LTE is going to require a new contract lol

I'm betting they'll have gotten rid of unlimited for that.
Damn, I hadn't thought about that. I refuse to switch carriers as long as I have my ulimited plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
I love it. The quality control in production already won me over. Show me another phone made out of solid metal and glass with tolerances like that.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/#video

The fact they pull of production like that while moving product at the scale they do is staggering. I certainly wouldn't be willing to sacrifice that refinement of the product to get some useless features like NFC or whatever other crap you guys are on about.
Design and build quality are where Apple dominates IMO. I've yet to hold a phone that feels as solid and that's something I can appreciate. Their image quality is (was? haven't seen what the newest phones can do) above and beyond the competition as well.

edit: Are they using the same camera as on the 4/S?

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 09-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #144
KaliVertBoy

My Ride: M3 Vert 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
yes, it costs $29

Interior Pioneer avic z2--brushed aluminum vinyled trim--wind deflecter
Exterior Csl front bumper--Gold CSL reps--Macht Schnell spacers 18mmf/10mmr--Ebay trunk spoiler
Performance Macht Schnell intake elbow--K&N drop in--Manzo Headers (still in box lol)-- TCKline/Ground Control Coilovers
Lighting OEM LED taillight retrofit w/ amber vinyl--Chris Brown mod--3500k H7's--6000k morimoto D2s's--6000k ccfl angel eyes--LED's everywhere
KaliVertBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #145
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Right now I have the 32GB black Verizon iPhone 4 with unlimited data plan (I was fortunate enough to get the phone back when they had the unlimited data plan for a limited time).

So the main downside for me is if I switch to the iPhone 5 I'd lose the unlimited data plan which makes me hesitant to buy the new phone.

So far I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 4, though if I were to upgrade to the iPhone 5 I'd strongly consider the 64GB model only because of the large combination of songs, apps, pics, and videos (mostly pics and videos of my daughters) I have, and I do move pics/videos from my phone to my PC to save on phone space but with a 64GB iPhone I'd have the option to do the moves less frequently than I do now.

Any of you have a 64GB iPhone now and either are glad they bought it or regret it?

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #146
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
gtfo griff

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #147
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
yes, it costs $29
Nope

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/05/...ector-adapter/

$10 each Or $29 for 3

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #148
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Right now I have the 32GB black Verizon iPhone 4 with unlimited data plan (I was fortunate enough to get the phone back when they had the unlimited data plan for a limited time).

So the main downside for me is if I switch to the iPhone 5 I'd lose the unlimited data plan which makes me hesitant to buy the new phone.

So far I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 4, though if I were to upgrade to the iPhone 5 I'd strongly consider the 64GB model only because of the large combination of songs, apps, pics, and videos (mostly pics and videos of my daughters) I have, and I do move pics/videos from my phone to my PC to save on phone space but with a 64GB iPhone I'd have the option to do the moves less frequently than I do now.

Any of you have a 64GB iPhone now and either are glad they bought it or regret it?
I don't have the 64, but I do have the 32gb IP4.

Total waste of money. Bought it thinking I can rest easy and store all my music on it, as many pictures as I'd want, etc. Only to find out that the phone DRASTICALLY slows down when its loaded with music and other data. So essentially I bought the 32gb and its useless. Now I barely have 10gb worth of music and pictures on the phone just to keep the performance decent.

Might not be the case with the new A6 processor, but I won't buy another high gb iPhone again. The 16 will be enough for me

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #149
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #150
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Apple Announces New iPhone With N-Word On Back Knowing Customers Will Buy It Anyway

http://www.theonion.com/articles/app...ck-know,29531/

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #151
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post

I have a 4S 64GB.
I'm glad I got it because I spend a lot of time watching movies on it as well as listening to music. Also, the amount of photos I have on there is absurd.

Definitely will be getting an iPhone 5 with 64GB.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #152
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
You won't lose unlimited data if you switch phones. I went from the 4 to the 4s and still have unlimited data.

Edit: with AT&T. It's only if you end your contract them that they will not offer you unlimited again.

Last edited by HBizzo88; 09-12-2012 at 03:50 PM.
HBizzo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #153
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #154
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
I have a 4S 64GB.
I'm glad I got it because I spend a lot of time watching movies on it as well as listening to music. Also, the amount of photos I have on there is absurd.

what are your reasons for upgrading so soon? the 4s isnt even "old" yet

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #155
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
I didn't notice much lag at all. You must has not set up your phone as new.

That tends to slow things down.

16 is patry for music especially since we won't have unlimited to stream music content

Cowmoo it's the same megapixels but new tech - better low light it looks with the f stop

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #156
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I don't have the 64, but I do have the 32gb IP4.

Total waste of money. Bought it thinking I can rest easy and store all my music on it, as many pictures as I'd want, etc. Only to find out that the phone DRASTICALLY slows down when its loaded with music and other data. So essentially I bought the 32gb and its useless. Now I barely have 10gb worth of music and pictures on the phone just to keep the performance decent.

Might not be the case with the new A6 processor, but I won't buy another high gb iPhone again. The 16 will be enough for me
Totally hear you, bro. Hopefully that won't be the case with the new A6 processor. My wife wound up getting the 16GB iPhone 4 and she also likes taking pics/videos of our daughters and loves to load her phone up with apps so she's getting close to the storage limits of her phone (of course she could always transfer her pics to save on some space but with more storage space she could do that less frequently).

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #157
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
what are your reasons for upgrading so soon? the 4s isnt even "old" yet
I won't get one for a while. Mine is still perfectly fine, no scratches and works well. I might wait for the first batch to come out and let them work the bugs out.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #158
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
I haven't paid for an iphone since the original. After years of owning it, due to build quality, they still look brand new. I have absolutely no problem unloading them on ebay for a healthy profit (after a years of use) and then getting the new one. Show me any other phone on the market that can be sold for almost double the original contract price after 2 years. I have yet to see a phone with the same build quality as an iphone, or any apple products for that matter. Most of my home electronics are samsung, my SLR stuff is Canon and my car stuff is Alpine. I have never seen ANY manufacturer (short of bang an olufsen) that pays this much to each detail. Having a sapphire crystal lens cover might be a gimmick to most, but there are watches that don't use sapphire on their faces. They expect to sell 45 million units. Should add nicely to my apple stock shares.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #159
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
I have a 4S 64GB.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
You won't lose unlimited data if you switch phones. I went from the 4 to the 4s and still have unlimited data.

Edit: with AT&T. It's only if you end your contract them that they will not offer you unlimited again.
Yeah, with Verizon I was told that when it came time to change phones I'd lose my unlimited data plan since I'd be signing a new contract at which point I'd have to adhere to whatever current plans were in place.

Any Verizon iPhone owners here confirm that the unlimited data plan goes away when getting a new phone with new 2 year contract?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #160
_.dstrukt.n1ne
libtorrent 0.13.3

My Ride: AC Schnitzer E46
Everyone here is b!tching about Apple not making "enough" improvements. What are you all expecting? 4.5" screen? Do you know the number one complaint about those big ass phones? Doesn't fit in pockets.

Apple does one thing well that no other company has seem to do; having a great USER INTERFACE.

Having awesome specs is great, but if it's not easy to use, then what is the point? Windows Mobile is probably the next best UI I've seen on a mobile device. We shall see what the future holds for them.

Oregon, USA

2000 323i | Brembo | Technik | HRE | Toyo | Meguiar's | AC Schnitzer | Alpine | Alumapro | H&R| Porsche | ASA | MOMO | Rogue Engineering | Rennsport | Hamann | Supersprint

_.dstrukt.n1ne is offline   Reply With Quote