E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #181
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
Your car is going to b sick! Don't give up it will happen, and I guarantee that if you go pectel you will not regret it at all!
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #182
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs323i View Post
Your car is going to b sick! Don't give up it will happen, and I guarantee that if you go pectel you will not regret it at all!
I dont want to spend $5000 more on ecu I will if i have to but not now.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #183
323tom

My Ride: 2 turbo e46's
Keep dreaming buddy. Just like you dreaming of being the most horsepower 323 also pro efi isn't one tuner, it's a ecu company and Jason trains other tuners how to use his ecu smart guy.
Quote:
Why motec why not go pectel, for what you need motec is way overboard in tech and price. pectel is only 4-5 fully decked out and it is way better than pro-efi or aem. Not to mention the tuner behind the product for pectel ( Neel from Apex speed tech) is head and shoulders above HPF or Pro-efi. do not believe me, check out Apex or Neel online and you will see Apex tunes for world champion race teams and wins! HPF and Pro-efi are not on the level that Neel is on period!!!! I mean for god sakes the proefi unit is based ( some would say copied) from Woodwards 13 year old commercial car tuning unit!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #184
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
I've rode in a Z4M S54 Turbo with the pectel tuned by Apex Neel...it was an out of this world experience.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #185
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by basar13 View Post
You are right i might go with pectel, infact i was going to buy Mert's ecu and harness which is pectel. He then decided to keep the ecu.

I will work on fuel system on my car i dont want to wait and do nothing.
Mert wanted to much for it anyways.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #186
jacobs323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
Keep dreaming buddy. Just like you dreaming of being the most horsepower 323 also pro efi isn't one tuner, it's a ecu company and Jason trains other tuners how to use his ecu smart guy.
Fair enough, but I will still stick to my previous comment and go as far as to say any tuner that has been trained to use pro-efi still won't measure up to Neel
Old 09-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #187
jacobs323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I've rode in a Z4M S54 Turbo with the pectel tuned by Apex Neel...it was an out of this world experience.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #188
jacobs323i

Quote:
I dont want to spend $5000 more on ecu I will if i have to but not now.
I feel you buddy it sucks
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #189
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
Damn basar.... This sucks.

Very interesting that Jason would reply to you with "what problem"..... Very interesting indeed.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #190
323tom

Hmm Larry at Sound Performance is pretty known to be one of the best. Maybe not in the BMW world like Neel but trust me I bet Larry would give Neel a run for his money if u know what I mean
Quote:
Fair enough, but I will still stick to my previous comment and go as far as to say any tuner that has been trained to use pro-efi still won't measure up to Neel
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #191
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Hmm Larry at Sound Performance is pretty known to be one of the best. Maybe not in the BMW world like Neel but trust me I bet Larry would give Neel a run for his money if u know what I mean
I'm sure Larry is a top level tuner. (Not disputing)

The question for Basar is who is going to provide product support to him in Turkey?

I hate to say it, but the most cost effective solution is to wait until HPF or Lutz Performance figures out the Pro-EFI on the Z4.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:31 AM   #192
jacobs323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
I'm sure Larry is a top level tuner. (Not disputing)

The question for Basar is who is going to provide product support to him in Turkey?

I hate to say it, but the most cost effective solution is to wait until HPF or Lutz Performance figures out the Pro-EFI on the Z4.
you are right in terms of cost, but one way to cut down on costs would be to not fly Neel in but rather rent a day of dyno and connect remotely via laptop that way you exclude his travel costs. basar I know spending more sux but with what you have spent so far why skimp on something so important
Old 09-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #193
jacobs323i

Quote:
I don't want to step on toes and make people's decisions on tuners a war! I respect what you have done with your car Tom, and I respect your opinion about Larry Prebis and sound performance. But I have done the leg work on Larry and I agree top notch enthusiast tuner, but again Neel is head and shoulders above that he tunes race teams like Porsche TRG, holds world records in BMW and motorcycle race worlds!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #194
Cipri

My Ride: E46 M3 2002
Can't you just use E46 harness and ECU on this car?
I'm sure a good tuner can set it up.
Cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #195
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Quote:
I don't want to step on toes and make people's decisions on tuners a war! I respect what you have done with your car Tom, and I respect your opinion about Larry Prebis and sound performance. But I have done the leg work on Larry and I agree top notch enthusiast tuner, but again Neel is head and shoulders above that he tunes race teams like Porsche TRG, holds world records in BMW and motorcycle race worlds!
Neel may very well be the better tuner, but in general there is much more work involved in tuning a civilized 300hp/liter street car than a 200hp/liter race car.
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #196
jacobs323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
Neel may very well be the better tuner, but in general there is much more work involved in tuning a civilized 300hp/liter street car than a 200hp/liter race car.
True, but Neel has that covered too! My custom turbo 323i was tuned by Neel but before I called Neel I contacted both pro efi and HPF and told them both unlimited budget can you build me a standalone and tune it for my e46 323i, both said they could but did not want to deal with anything less then a m3. I was told by countless people, including Dinan that all ready have software for my car tha they could not do it. Yet Neel showed up and tuned it perfectly on e85, even though he had never tuned a e46 323i turbo.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #197
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Your not a true 323 anymore. Nor m3. Just a mut now lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #198
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post

Hybrid Vigor?
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #199
323tom

Lol I know but it still says 323 on my ownership
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post

Lol I slapped a flexfuel e85 badge on the car now its the only badge there so people always look at the car and there like flex fuel bmw wtf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #200
Heydin

My Ride: 06 M5, 03 M3, 87 528
Quote:
I agree Chris this was sold as "plug and play" system but it seems like it is a plug and pray system.

Lets hope for the best for both HPF and me. This is wasting both of our time.

I said 2 weeks but after i talked with Josh i will wait for one more month.

Then i guess i will go to motec. Time will tell.
Actually, Chris was sold this system knowing that we, ProEFI, had not yet had an application working for the Z4M, because we had not had a car in our shop to diagnose and sort through any errors that might occur. Chris was also told that there would be no issues running the engine, however keeping everything else happy was to be determined. To which Chris replied, We will figure it out. I have been working closely with John, even on my off days, to diagnose and figure out what is going on. After looking at the information he sent me it seems that there is a ground loop in the system providing back feed that is making the computer unhappy.

I say this not to start an argument, but don't discredit us for an application that we stated FROM THE BEGINNING was NOT tested and that had not yet been used.

"John traced all the wires and they trace through correctly. We are now checking ot see if it's in the CAN bus. ProEFI is providing lots of help. It's the first Z4M they've done so there will be a learning curve.
Chris"

Like Chris said we are trying to be as helpful as possible, but it is hard to diagnosis a car without physically having the car in front of you. John and I will hopefully continue working together to solve this issue.

So basar, I can assure you, at least from my end, that we care about our customers and that I care about their investments into their car. I look forward to seeing your car run with ProEFI, however I ask for your patience and understanding while we work through these initial issues we see on many of our application in their beginning stages. I understand your patience has been spread thin, however that should not reflect on us. We have been as prompt as possible in returning questions and technical support to the staff at HPF.

Hopefully in the end this build can reflect the great potential I know rests in both companies.

Hayden

Last edited by Heydin; 09-18-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added thought
Heydin is offline   Reply With Quote