E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
Mr. Din

My Ride: e46 M
in for fitment.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0w View Post
hey hit me up and let me know the fitment of the trunk, i wanna pick one up soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Lol we all we know about the fitment.
You guys can come visit me and see it in person

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
ImSoFreaknWhite

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Din View Post
in for fitment.
Its getting installed tomorrow!!!!

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #24
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
You guys can come visit me and see it in person
I miss you terribly.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
I miss you terribly.
ya same here

My Build Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
e46mook

My Ride: 2004 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
Heres the sticks on the back of the roundel...

And heres the hole on the back of the new trunk. (keep in mind the OEM trunk had 2 holes that lined up with the sticks on the back of the roundel)..
I may be mistaken, but doesn't the roundel attach to the OEM trunk handle. That looks like it may be where the handle piece attaches to the trunk and the roundel then attaches to the handle.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #27
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46mook View Post
I may be mistaken, but doesn't the roundel attach to the OEM trunk handle. That looks like it may be where the handle piece attaches to the trunk and the roundel then attaches to the handle.
Ya your absolutely right! I just found out yesterday that I had to buy a new handle, and then attach it to that.

My Build Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
azndrunk74

My Ride: LSB vert
why don't you just reuse your stock handle?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #29
e46mook

any updates on fitment?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #30
ImSoFreaknWhite

I did reuse the oem handle, but I'm missing some grommets. going to pick them up on Tuesday most likely. and yes I'll post pics of fitment as soon as I get home!

My Build Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #31
e46mook

can't wait! Where did you purchase and how much? I don't remember if this was in the earlier posts...
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
can't wait! Where did you purchase and how much? I don't remember if this was in the earlier posts...
Bought it from Aero customs, but its a VIS trunk. and I paid $680

My Build Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
ImSoFreaknWhite

Ok so I paid 255 for the guts to be removed and put inot this trunk and all the holes needed a little molding but nothing too bad. Overall the finished product is perfect and would do it 100 times over. @e46mook i can not recommend this enough it will make your car look amazing. (you too @w0w) I left it carbon fiber for now until i get the proper funding to get it painted JB, anyways Here's what you guys have been waiting for:

My Build Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
KaliVertBoy

My Ride: M3 Vert 6MT
KaliVertBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #35
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliVertBoy View Post
Haha whats up Anthony?! did you find a bumper yet?

My Build Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #36
KaliVertBoy

My Ride: M3 Vert 6MT
I already have a bumper, I have two in fact, I just need to get it painted. It was supposed to be taken care of already but stupid crap keeps popping up costing me money. And I doesn't help that the iPhone is coming out either lol.
KaliVertBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
you should try adjusting the rubber stoppers so the trunk sits low and it would look great! in my opinion the gaps are SLIGHTLY bigger than oem but it is even all around so it doesnt look bad at all! also are you planning on drilling holes for the oem trunk carpet?

csl trunk is definitely next on my list after i replace my brakes!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliVertBoy View Post
I already have a bumper, I have two in fact, I just need to get it painted. It was supposed to be taken care of already but stupid crap keeps popping up costing me money. And I doesn't help that the iPhone is coming out either lol.
Hahah ya I hear you bro, I cant wait for the iphone! Let me know when you get it painted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0w View Post
you should try adjusting the rubber stoppers so the trunk sits low and it would look great! in my opinion the gaps are SLIGHTLY bigger than oem but it is even all around so it doesnt look bad at all! also are you planning on drilling holes for the oem trunk carpet?

csl trunk is definitely next on my list after i replace my brakes!
Ya they are a little bigger but nothing to complain about, and idk yet the guy who installed it said its fragile and doesnt know if drilling holes for the carpet would be worth it. What would you do about it?

w0w's m3 list:
1. meet up with imsofreaknwhite for a photoshoot
2. replacing brakes
3.Buy and install CSL trunk

My Build Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #39
e46mook

that looks soooooooo sick! I also need new brakes soon too and damn me for being practical but safety first lol. I'm glad it turned out so well. Also, how soild does it feel?...I've had CF in the past that felt kind of flimsy
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #40
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
that looks soooooooo sick! I also need new brakes soon too and damn me for being practical but safety first lol. I'm glad it turned out so well. Also, how soild does it feel?...I've had CF in the past that felt kind of flimsy
Umm its solid, but very light at the same time. (if that makes any sense at all) haha like if I were to get rear ended it would probably shatter in a million pieces.

My Build Thread