E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #41
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Let me translate across the pond. We have a saying in our country that 99% of our citizens would be able to finish if you started them--"ignorance is no excuse from the law" We live by this. Or why not just do away with laws?
And we're not even hiding it! Fire hydrant is big bright white with a red top!

I got a hydrant across the street from my apartment window and no one ever parks there by accident and doesn't see the hydrant. If this guy parked there and didn't see it, he deserves broken windows just for stupidity. Darwinism breeds a stronger society.
Ahh. That old "ignorance of the law" chestnut. The last resort of the scoundrel who has no case. Believe it or not we have firemen on this side of the pond as well and they manage to get around these issues without vandalising property.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #42
mexsir

My Ride: E46 320 M sport
Title sucks
Old 09-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #43
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
Ahh. That old "ignorance of the law" chestnut. The last resort of the scoundrel who has no case. Believe it or not we have firemen on this side of the pond as well and they manage to get around these issues without vandalising property.

Yeah, they should have just let the fire continue and wait for the guy to show up and move his car so that they could properly use the hydrant. Or they could have routed the hose in a way that compromised its efficiency just to be nice.

Seriously? Well, how swell. I guess on your side of the pond the ancient illegally parked BMW would have been spared any damage at the expense of the fire fighters properly handling the situation that they're uniquely qualified for. Brilliant.

Last edited by choxor; 09-15-2012 at 01:54 AM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #44
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Yeah, they should have just let the fire continue and wait for the guy to show up and move his car so that they could properly use the hydrant. Or they could have routed the hose in a way that compromised its efficiency just to be nice.

Seriously? Well, how swell. I guess on your side of the pond the ancient illegally parked BMW would have been spared any damage at the expense of the fire fighters properly handling the situation that they're uniquely qualified for. Brilliant.
"Yeah, they should have just let the fire continue and wait for the guy to show up and move his car ..." Is that what you took from my comment? For the record my father was a fireman for 25 years and I know that neither he nor his colleagues resorted to civil vandalism in the execution of their duties.
I spent 3 months training with our local fire department in my roles as fire officer for a large international company that I worked for and they took me through the ropes including the deployment of fire hoses. Here in the UK our hydrant points are set in the pavements far away from the kerb. That makes sense. If you must attach the "moron" label to someone I would suggest you consider those in authority who decided that the best place to site these devises was at the kerb edge so as to maximise the likelihood of them being obstructed by parked vehicles.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #45
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
"Yeah, they should have just let the fire continue and wait for the guy to show up and move his car ..." Is that what you took from my comment? For the record my father was a fireman for 25 years and I know that neither he nor his colleagues resorted to civil vandalism in the execution of their duties.
I spent 3 months training with our local fire department in my roles as fire officer for a large international company that I worked for and they took me through the ropes including the deployment of fire hoses. Here in the UK our hydrant points are set in the pavements far away from the kerb. That makes sense. If you must attach the "moron" label to someone I would suggest you consider those in authority who decided that the best place to site these devises was at the kerb edge so as to maximise the likelihood of them being obstructed by parked vehicles.

Who cares. They did what they had to do to get the job done in the situation as it was presented to them. That's the bottom line.

And no, the driver is the only moron. There's a sign AND it's common knowledge that you don't park in front of hydrants. And if he didn't see that big ass hydrant while he was parking he's both blind and stupid. Am I the only person left alive that believes a person is responsible for his or her actions? Nothing but pathetic excuses and blame shifting now. Truly sad.

Why's this repost crap not in off topic anyway? This has nothing to do with E46's.

Last edited by choxor; 09-15-2012 at 02:44 AM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #46
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Who cares. They did what they had to do to get the job done in the situation as it was presented to them. That's the bottom line.

And no, the driver is the only moron. There's a sign AND it's common knowledge that you don't park in front of hydrants. And if he didn't see that big ass hydrant while he was parking he's both blind and stupid. Am I the only person left alive that believes a person is responsible for his or her actions? Nothing but pathetic excuses and blame shifting now. Truly sad.

Why's this repost crap not in off topic anyway? This has nothing to do with E46's.
I feel your pain man. Sometimes...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #47
mokhtar

My Ride: 323i
bmw in malaysia

Hi bro
The bmw price in malaysia is very high.mine is 323i.its cost
Is rm 275000(usd 90000).the government make good money
Tru it.in usa it cost half of it.if you there malaysian i advice you
To buy once before returning to malaysia.so do the same with
Harley D. Sure no regret.have a good day
mokhtar is offline   Reply With Quote