E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Locutus09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 869
My Ride: Something Slow
I can't close

Even with alcohol flowing, I can't close

Had a girl that went to a school in Chicago, danced all night...went home with friend.

I suck.

/thread.
__________________
Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
No, you can't open. Closing is the easiest part, it's getting their guard down to present an opportunity to close, is the tough part.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
No, you can't open. Closing is the easiest part, it's getting their guard down to present an opportunity to close, is the tough part.
This is exactly right.

I was away this weekend because a friend rented a house upstate. About 17 people and 1 single girl. Closed by saying "lets go outside and look at shooting stars". 4 stars later I was getting my dick sucked in a canoe.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,027
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I was away this weekend because a friend rented a house upstate. About 17 people and 1 single girl. Closed by saying "lets go outside and look at shooting stars". 4 stars later I was getting my dick sucked in a canoe.
Is your fleshlight now giving you the cold shoulder?
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Is your fleshlight now giving you the cold shoulder?
hahah. It isn't as exciting as it once was.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is exactly right.

I was away this weekend because a friend rented a house upstate. About 17 people and 1 single girl. Closed by saying "lets go outside and look at shooting stars". 4 stars later I was getting my dick sucked in a canoe.
She wanted you to tickle her cat with your beard.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Junaid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 110
My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
She wanted you to tickle her cat with your beard.
Who said he didn't?
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Bartacus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,225
My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is exactly right.

I was away this weekend because a friend rented a house upstate. About 17 people and 1 single girl. Closed by saying "lets go outside and look at shooting stars". 4 stars later I was getting my dick sucked in a canoe.
I LOLed.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Locutus09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 869
My Ride: Something Slow
K. So I couldn't open.

Future advice for upcoming weekends? Still at college, so any hook-ups are going to happen in a party atmosphere at a house or bar.
__________________
Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
dreamdrivedrift
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY --> Baltimore, MD
Posts: 6,469
My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus09 View Post
K. So I couldn't open.

Future advice for upcoming weekends? Still at college, so any hook-ups are going to happen in a party atmosphere at a house or bar.
Umm, no.
__________________
Chris
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus09 View Post
K. So I couldn't open.

Future advice for upcoming weekends? Still at college, so any hook-ups are going to happen in a party atmosphere at a house or bar.
1. Stop thinking what the movies portray as how to pick up women.
2. Understand that not banging on the first night, is not failing.
3. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and leave once you feel it won't happen that night, familiarize yourself.
4. There are always girls(ugly, or just major whores) at the bar that want to smash that night, but most men want to go for the girl that is to their own personal bar they feel they can get. Girls too hot, scares most men, men want slightly too hot.
5. If you want a quick fvck, you'll have to be better than a typical guy that only wants a quick fvck in a girls mind.
6. The first thing a girl thinks when a guy approaches them, is this guy wants to have sex with me. Girls go out to get attention from guys, you failing gave her what she wanted.
7. You have to differentiate yourself from other guys and get their guard down.
8. Make your approach as little like an approach as possible, approach like it's a coworker or friend.
9. CONFIDENCE. Be self-centered, but not like an ass. Worry about you, don't subconsciously bow to the girl when you walk up. You are equal, not a guy begging to go home with a girl.
10. Treat them as a human, not some prize you wish to catch. They are people with needs too, but they don't want a guy that treats them that way.
11. Avoid traditional or common ways to get a girl (buy a drink, ask to dance, tell her she's beautiful). You approaching means your interested, the rest is understood. Make yourself different, ask her to buy YOU a drink confidently, but with a sarcastic smirk.
12. When you approach, start with something to get her mind away from the fact you just approached her. If you can get her talking with genuine interest, you've opened. Let her talk as much as you can.
13. Don't be afraid to go buy yourself a drink, and leave her be, but you must know she's actually interested. Most guys get a little pull on the line, and suffocate them.
14. Don't bring up taking them home, if they want to go home with you, they'll be clear about it by asking to tag along, or follow you wherever you go.
15. Understand that if you get her number, doesn't mean she'll ever respond. College girls give out their number a dozen times a night. Sober vs drunk girl intentions are different. Get as many as you can, girls will see you doing that, and become a bit intrigued.

You know why girls like a guy with a girlfriend? Because you aren't paying them any attention, you're centered around your personal situation. Act the same way now, that your situation is all that matters to you, and going home with them doesn't really matter to you. You just thought it would be nice to meet them. You become the prey for them, because you aren't acting like most guys and surrendering everything to them.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 09-17-2012 at 10:05 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
ShootyzGruve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 140
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I LOLed.
Hahah, So did I. Well said Solly. That **** made me crack up.
ShootyzGruve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,027
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
1. Stop thinking what the movies portray as how to pick up women.
2. Understand that not banging on the first night, is not failing.
3. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and leave once you feel it won't happen that night, familiarize yourself.
4. There are always girls(ugly, or just major whores) at the bar that want to smash that night, but most men want to go for the girl that is to their own personal bar they feel they can get. Girls too hot, scares most men, men want slightly too hot.
5. If you want a quick fvck, you'll have to be better than a typical guy that only wants a quick fvck in a girls mind.
6. The first thing a girl thinks when a guy approaches them, is this guy wants to have sex with me. Girls go out to get attention from guys, you failing gave her what she wanted.
7. You have to differentiate yourself from other guys and get their guard down.
8. Make your approach as little like an approach as possible, approach like it's a coworker or friend.
9. CONFIDENCE. Be self-centered, but not like an ass. Worry about you, don't subconsciously bow to the girl when you walk up. You are equal, not a guy begging to go home with a girl.
10. Treat them as a human, not some prize you wish to catch. They are people with needs too, but they don't want a guy that treats them that way.
11. Avoid traditional or common ways to get a girl (buy a drink, ask to dance, tell her she's beautiful). You approaching means your interested, the rest is understood. Make yourself different, ask her to buy YOU a drink confidently, but with a sarcastic smirk.
12. When you approach, start with something to get her mind away from the fact you just approached her. If you can get her talking with genuine interest, you've opened. Let her talk as much as you can.
13. Don't be afraid to go buy yourself a drink, and leave her be, but you must know she's actually interested. Most guys get a little pull on the line, and suffocate them.
14. Don't bring up taking them home, if they want to go home with you, they'll be clear about it by asking to tag along, or follow you wherever you go.
15. Understand that if you get her number, doesn't mean she'll ever respond. College girls give out their number a dozen times a night. Sober vs drunk girl intentions are different. Get as many as you can, girls will see you doing that, and become a bit intrigued.

You know why girls like a guy with a girlfriend? Because you aren't paying them any attention, you're centered around your personal situation. Act the same way now, that your situation is all that matters to you, and going home with them doesn't really matter to you. You just thought it would be nice to meet them. You become the prey for them, because you aren't acting like most guys and surrendering everything to them.
This is all excellent.

To further hammer home point #8, the first rule in B2B sales is to NOT come across as a salesman. In fact, sales 101 is "how to sell someone on something", sales 201 is "how to get someone to sell themselves on something". In other words, don't "show her" how awesome you are... subtly give her reasons to determine that for herself. ANYONE TRYING TO CONVINCE A GIRL THEY ARE AWESOME WILL FAIL.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #14
Locutus09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 869
My Ride: Something Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
Umm, no.
I'm not looking for a GF. Haven't been. Wasted last year thinking there was going to be one when it was completely the opposite. I had one sophomore year who was insecure about herself and ended up ****ing others when we were "together".

I'm not the type of guy to get completely ****-faced and go out for an instant hook-up...even if it sounds like it. 2nd week of school I ended up hooking up with a neighbor, but it was all on her part. Went out together the night before, did nothing. Next night we separated ourselves from the rest of my roommates and hers, next thing you know I go to walk her home from a bar we were just chilling at talking and she's "locked out" and the opportunity presented itself.

Regardless, I'm not here to be a douche, take advantage...yada yada. Just here to have a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
1. Stop thinking what the movies portray as how to pick up women.
2. Understand that not banging on the first night, is not failing.
3. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and leave once you feel it won't happen that night, familiarize yourself.
4. There are always girls(ugly, or just major whores) at the bar that want to smash that night, but most men want to go for the girl that is to their own personal bar they feel they can get. Girls too hot, scares most men, men want slightly too hot.
5. If you want a quick fvck, you'll have to be better than a typical guy that only wants a quick fvck in a girls mind.
6. The first thing a girl thinks when a guy approaches them, is this guy wants to have sex with me. Girls go out to get attention from guys, you failing gave her what she wanted.
7. You have to differentiate yourself from other guys and get their guard down.
8. Make your approach as little like an approach as possible, approach like it's a coworker or friend.
9. CONFIDENCE. Be self-centered, but not like an ass. Worry about you, don't subconsciously bow to the girl when you walk up. You are equal, not a guy begging to go home with a girl.
10. Treat them as a human, not some prize you wish to catch. They are people with needs too, but they don't want a guy that treats them that way.
11. Avoid traditional or common ways to get a girl (buy a drink, ask to dance, tell her she's beautiful). You approaching means your interested, the rest is understood. Make yourself different, ask her to buy YOU a drink confidently, but with a sarcastic smirk.
12. When you approach, start with something to get her mind away from the fact you just approached her. If you can get her talking with genuine interest, you've opened. Let her talk as much as you can.
13. Don't be afraid to go buy yourself a drink, and leave her be, but you must know she's actually interested. Most guys get a little pull on the line, and suffocate them.
14. Don't bring up taking them home, if they want to go home with you, they'll be clear about it by asking to tag along, or follow you wherever you go.
15. Understand that if you get her number, doesn't mean she'll ever respond. College girls give out their number a dozen times a night. Sober vs drunk girl intentions are different. Get as many as you can, girls will see you doing that, and become a bit intrigued.

You know why girls like a guy with a girlfriend? Because you aren't paying them any attention, you're centered around your personal situation. Act the same way now, that your situation is all that matters to you, and going home with them doesn't really matter to you. You just thought it would be nice to meet them. You become the prey for them, because you aren't acting like most guys and surrendering everything to them.
Thanks for the advice. Like I said earlier, I was never expecting a hook-up to happen and it was just hanging out with my roommates at a party. I just I gotta keep that mentality and let it take its course.
__________________

Last edited by Locutus09; 09-17-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
This is all excellent.

To further hammer home point #8, the first rule in B2B sales is to NOT come across as a salesman. In fact, sales 101 is "how to sell someone on something", sales 201 is "how to get someone to sell themselves on something". In other words, don't "show her" how awesome you are... subtly give her reasons to determine that for herself. ANYONE TRYING TO CONVINCE A GIRL THEY ARE AWESOME WILL FAIL.
Exactly. It's like inception haha
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
1. Stop thinking what the movies portray as how to pick up women.
2. Understand that not banging on the first night, is not failing.
3. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and leave once you feel it won't happen that night, familiarize yourself.
4. There are always girls(ugly, or just major whores) at the bar that want to smash that night, but most men want to go for the girl that is to their own personal bar they feel they can get. Girls too hot, scares most men, men want slightly too hot.
5. If you want a quick fvck, you'll have to be better than a typical guy that only wants a quick fvck in a girls mind.
6. The first thing a girl thinks when a guy approaches them, is this guy wants to have sex with me. Girls go out to get attention from guys, you failing gave her what she wanted.
7. You have to differentiate yourself from other guys and get their guard down.
8. Make your approach as little like an approach as possible, approach like it's a coworker or friend.
9. CONFIDENCE. Be self-centered, but not like an ass. Worry about you, don't subconsciously bow to the girl when you walk up. You are equal, not a guy begging to go home with a girl.
10. Treat them as a human, not some prize you wish to catch. They are people with needs too, but they don't want a guy that treats them that way.
11. Avoid traditional or common ways to get a girl (buy a drink, ask to dance, tell her she's beautiful). You approaching means your interested, the rest is understood. Make yourself different, ask her to buy YOU a drink confidently, but with a sarcastic smirk.
12. When you approach, start with something to get her mind away from the fact you just approached her. If you can get her talking with genuine interest, you've opened. Let her talk as much as you can.
13. Don't be afraid to go buy yourself a drink, and leave her be, but you must know she's actually interested. Most guys get a little pull on the line, and suffocate them.
14. Don't bring up taking them home, if they want to go home with you, they'll be clear about it by asking to tag along, or follow you wherever you go.
15. Understand that if you get her number, doesn't mean she'll ever respond. College girls give out their number a dozen times a night. Sober vs drunk girl intentions are different. Get as many as you can, girls will see you doing that, and become a bit intrigued.

You know why girls like a guy with a girlfriend? Because you aren't paying them any attention, you're centered around your personal situation. Act the same way now, that your situation is all that matters to you, and going home with them doesn't really matter to you. You just thought it would be nice to meet them. You become the prey for them, because you aren't acting like most guys and surrendering everything to them.
awesome post btw. I wish I knew these things in my early 20's. Actually no I don't. I'd have aids and kids.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #17
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is exactly right.

I was away this weekend because a friend rented a house upstate. About 17 people and 1 single girl. Closed by saying "lets go outside and look at shooting stars". 4 stars later I was getting my dick sucked in a canoe.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
ImSoFreaknWhite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,691
My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is exactly right.

I was away this weekend because a friend rented a house upstate. About 17 people and 1 single girl. Closed by saying "lets go outside and look at shooting stars". 4 stars later I was getting my dick sucked in a canoe.
you mean this night?

__________________
Jordan



My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
CollinsE90 was spot on as usual with his comments. I will admit, through him and other members, my game has significantly improved from following the love line threads.

Lately for me what has worked is;

-Make her laugh
-Eye Contact (important)
-Smile a lot
-Poke fun at yourself a bit when given the chance. (Shows her your not full of yourself)
-Confidence
-Show her pics of my car (jkjk, thats the deal closer later)

Last edited by Hockeyman17; 09-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,027
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
you mean this night?

Is that solly?
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use