E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #5481
325inthe510
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Best Coast
Posts: 6,315
My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
that's not as exciting. I'm guessing i'll fill up with something like 16.3 gallons. Just have to be careful of the right turns
Are you driving in NASCAR now?
__________________

325inthe510 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #5482
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
that's not as exciting. I'm guessing i'll fill up with something like 16.3 gallons. Just have to be careful of the right turns
I'd rather have an uneventful drive home than get stuck. In traffic. In the ghetto.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #5483
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I'm not sure. Christie's sister is paying us to camp out for her to get the iPhone.
who is Christie and who is her sister?
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #5484
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
You're just like a walking electromagnetic pulse, all electronics around you get fried and scrambled.
So we can deduce that Frank's car is getting poor gas mileage because of Frank.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #5485
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
But extra charge for painted crests on the wheels? Are they hand-painted by uber-hot German girls in dirndls?
They are unnecessary for efficiency, therefore the germans charge you for this.
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #5486
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Are you driving in NASCAR now?
fuel pickup is on the right side. When I make a right turn, gas goes to the left and well.. yea, don't ask how i know...
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #5487
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Frank
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #5488
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
They are unnecessary for efficiency, therefore the germans charge you for this.
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #5489
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Frank
shhhh, i thought you said we could keep it a secret
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #5490
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
So we can deduce that Frank's car is getting poor gas mileage because of Frank.
I should really find out though, it's like i'm losing 3 gallons of gas/tank
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #5491
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
who is Christie and who is her sister?
Christie is a friend. More like a family friend. A very married family friend. Her sister is a spinster, but could be a good sugarmama candidate. Good job, lives in Seal Beach, can cook you all the prime rib and chocolate chip bread pudding you want.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #5492
323ci newbie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 29,259
My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
Albee is an apple customer. Walks in, points at the pretty one, asks if it comes in white and walks out a happy customer
__________________
323ci newbie is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #5493
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I'd rather have an uneventful drive home than get stuck. In traffic. In the ghetto.
how do you define ghetto?
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #5494
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
They are unnecessary for efficiency, therefore the germans charge you for this.
Hmm, I'd rather spend money on said uber-hot German girl in dirndl.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #5495
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Christie is a friend. More like a family friend. A very married family friend. Her sister is a spinster, but could be a good sugarmama candidate. Good job, lives in Seal Beach, can cook you all the prime rib and chocolate chip bread pudding you want.
<3 iphone, i was thinking of waiting in line for one too

Last edited by king kong; 09-20-2012 at 04:51 PM.
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #5496
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
Albee is an apple customer. Walks in, points at the pretty one, asks if it comes in white and walks out a happy customer
Funny you say that, I've never purchased an Apple product apart from the international adapter kit.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #5497
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
From a powertrain standpoint, yes. Why can't they be like Ferrari? I think there are more 911 variants than Ferrari's entire model portfolio.
Because Ferrari is an exotic car manufacturer that relies on exclusivity and Porsche isn't.
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #5498
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Buying unessential and expensive things? I think you and your coffee table books know more about that than the rest of NGC.
What was this about again? I forget.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #5499
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,926
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Because Ferrari is an exotic car manufacturer that relies on exclusivity and Porsche isn't.
I want a ferrari just for the noise
king kong is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #5500
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,810
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Because Ferrari is an exotic car manufacturer that relies on exclusivity and Porsche isn't.
The argument for exclusivity can be tempered by the idea that, for a price, you can customize any of their cars to your heart's content.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use