E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #1461
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
More reasons I love the new iPhone.... Top down construction! Replacing the digitizer & LCD is going to be a piece of cake, unlike the 4 wear you had to go through the mother board and all other components to get the screen off
Old 09-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #1462
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWh0r3 View Post
Why did they move the headphone jack to the bottom? Wouldn't be able to use my dasmount in my car with my aux input. F that.
Because your mount is dumb and having it on the bottom makes more sense! lol

But seriously... it makes more sense having it on the bottom. Makes it easier when having a phone head down in your pocket, makes it easier for those of us who charge the phone and use an aux. cable (having a cable come out of both ends is ridiculous), and even handling a phone with a cable coming out of the bottom is far more comfortable than when it's coming out of the top.

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||

Last edited by Owtlaw333; 09-22-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #1463
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Where can you find a bumper case for the iPhone 5?

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #1464
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWh0r3 View Post
Why did they move the headphone jack to the bottom? Wouldn't be able to use my dasmount in my car with my aux input. F that.
I was explaining this earlier to someone else. It's so when you have it in your pocket, when you take it out, the phone will be right side up. Lets say you are using your phone and listening to music, you lock it and put it in your pocket... You will most likely put it in your pocket upside down, now your headphone jack isn't poking uncomfortably in your pocket like it would be before. When I did this with my 4, I would have to spin the phone 180deg, and then put in pocket so the headphone jack points up.

Edit: owtLaw beat me to it kinda

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 09-22-2012 at 12:52 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #1465
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Draining about 10 percent per hour for me. Not seeing that great battery life.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #1466
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Draining about 10 percent per hour for me. Not seeing that great battery life.
Probably because you're using it excessively since you just got it. Once you are on a more day to day basis the battery life will show. Or you can cycle the battery a couple times
Old 09-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1467
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
For me, this was the easiest method...

With iPhone 4, settings>iCloud>storage&backup, here make sure iCloud backup is 'ON'. Now go to >manage storage, this is where you can select what you want to backup.

Go back to storage&backup and it will show "back up now" - Click it and wait....and wait... For me I backed up everything so it look a while b/c I have a lot of pictures and apps. When it's finished it will tell you.

Now grab your 5.

*If you messed up the first time like I did & synced it with the wrong backup, you can go to >Settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings. This will send you back to how your iPhone came out of the box.

If you just took it out of the box, you are ready to sync up to the backup you created on your 4.

Just follow the simple directions on the 5 to sync it with the backup you just created (it will give you a time of day). That's it.

Everything will now look exactly like your 4 does, and have all pictures/contacts/photos.

**If you want your music on it too, plug into iTunes and make sure the only thing you select to sync is music, deselect everything else. Then sync and your phone will be exactly as your iphone 4 is.
My phones been backing up for 3 hours already and still has another 3 hours to go
Old 09-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #1468
Owtlaw333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
My phones been backing up for 3 hours already and still has another 3 hours to go
USB or wireless?

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #1469
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
USB or wireless?
iCloud, wireless
Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #1470
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
iCloud, wireless
Well there's your problem.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #1471
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Probably because you're using it excessively since you just got it. Once you are on a more day to day basis the battery life will show. Or you can cycle the battery a couple times
I think that's very likely, but I was using it pretty lightly today. Yesterday I wouldn't have said anything at all as I was killing the battery setting it up.

There have been some other reports on macrumors with the same problem. Not everyone has it, but others have reported abnormally poor battery life.

At the very least, this is definitely not the all-day battery I was expecting per the Verge review that likened it to the Droid Maxx's batt.

(I have been on wifi all day today with zero 4G use).

Also, does anyone know how to use passbook? When I try to connect to the store, it just says it can't.

Last edited by alphawhiskey; 09-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #1472
Owtlaw333

Quote:
iCloud, wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 09-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #1473
Tauce says

My Ride: is imola

Twitter first
Tauce says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #1474
Erikx559

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
I think that's very likely, but I was using it pretty lightly today. Yesterday I wouldn't have said anything at all as I was killing the battery setting it up.

There have been some other reports on macrumors with the same problem. Not everyone has it, but others have reported abnormally poor battery life.

At the very least, this is definitely not the all-day battery I was expecting per the Verge review that likened it to the Droid Maxx's batt.

(I have been on wifi all day today with zero 4G use).

Also, does anyone know how to use passbook? When I try to connect to the store, it just says it can't.
I think I have the same problem as you. But yesterday when I got the phone it was charged to to like 65%. In usage settings I had about 6hrs 35 of usage and about 9hrs of standby. It was really good since i was trying out 4g and downloading a lot of apps.

After it completely died I charged if all the way 100% and used it until like 95% and turned off and slept. Woke up at 8 am. Turned it and it was at 90%. It's now noon and I only have 2hrs of usage and 6hrs of standby. I'm already down to 68%.
Erikx559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1475
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
I don't know if that's true, mine took 2 hours to back up 2.5gb, and i did it wireless to icloud, so he might just have a crap load of apps/photos/videos. It's worth it not to deal with iTunes much.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #1476
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mustard View Post
Yeah I prefer those clear skins over those bulky otter ones... they totally kill the iphone style. I'd also consider a custom case tho like the ones from http://www.zazzle.com/iphone5+cases or society6 that ive been seeing on wanelo
Sorry I have to disagree with you... Otterbox doesn't kill the iPhone style and even if it did it all comes down to your priorities. My priority is protection first and foremost. Given I have 2 little kids who enjoy playing with mommy and daddy's iphones for the game apps, I prefer the phone to be fully protected and the Otterbox Defender has done a great job with that for my iPhone 4. If your issue is purely bulkiness then you can look into other cases like the Lifeproof case... unlike the Otterbox Defender, the Lifeproof case is much less bulky and is waterproof.

But yeah, the Otterbox Defender has served its purpose well with my iPhone 4 plus I decided to mod my case as you can see in the attached pic, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	470420  

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #1477
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauce says View Post

Twitter first
Must have been dropped from above head height

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #1478
Dcha

My Ride: Mkodama's sister
Send a message via AIM to Dcha
Quote:
I don't know if that's true, mine took 2 hours to back up 2.5gb, and i did it wireless to icloud, so he might just have a crap load of apps/photos/videos. It's worth it not to deal with iTunes much.
That's your problem. Plug it in.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #1479
Shaban

Quote:
finished after 4 hours, I have 750 pictures lol
Old 09-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #1480
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
That's incredibly slow. I had somewhere around 15-20 gigs and it took less than 30 minutes.