E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #1481
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
finished after 4 hours, I have 750 pictures lol
I have almost 2500. I never use iCloud backup. I let it back up to my computer and just restore it that way and sync/backup wirelessly.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #1482
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quick review on cases:

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=666412

I like the look and feel of the Belkin Grip Candy on my White iphone. The back looks much nicer than the sides and front lip (which end up looking gray). Actually, the sides are gray, which is ugly imo. I don't know why they went with that color because the rest of the case is beautiful (although a little feminine if you are insecure about that).

The buttons lose a little bit of feedback, but aren't bad.

Also doesn't add much thickness to the phone. Feels approx. the same, with a small 2-3mm lip. The satin feel is very nice.

SPECK:

http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...-iphone-5.html

I didn't like the Speck much for some reason, besides owning it for my 3GS. My 3GS speck case scratched the crap out of my phone over time due to dust/debris rubbing between the case and the phone, and the design hasn't changed much for the iphone 5 case besides little cutouts in the inside rubber. So I am hesitant about the speck for long-term use. It also doesn't look as nice IMO.

However, the Speck has SPECTACULAR button feedback. I would even say it amplifies and improves the button presses on the iphone 5 (which don't feel as nice as the iphone 4 imo).

The Speck is also harder to put on and take off, and I worry about scratching the phone when you do so. My 3GS speck as broke after 1 year when I was taking it off.

Last edited by alphawhiskey; 09-22-2012 at 03:35 PM.
alphawhiskey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #1483
Erikx559

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Quick review on cases:

I like the look and feel of the Belkin Grip Candy on my White iphone. The back looks much nicer than the sides and front lip (which end up looking gray). Actually, the sides are gray, which is ugly imo. I don't know why they went with that color because the rest of the case is beautiful (although a little feminine if you are insecure about that).

The buttons lose a little bit of feedback, but aren't bad.

I didn't like the Speck much for some reason, besides owning it for my 3GS. My 3GS speck case scratched the crap out of my phone over time due to dust/debris rubbing between the case and the phone, and the design hasn't changed much for the iphone 5 case besides little cutouts in the inside rubber. So I am hesitant about the speck for long-term use. It also doesn't look as nice IMO.

However, the Speck has SPECTACULAR button feedback. I would even say it amplifies and improves the button presses on the iphone 5 (which don't feel as nice as the iphone 4 imo).

The Speck is also harder to put on and take off, and I worry about scratching the phone when you do so. My 3GS speck as broke after 1 year when I was taking it off.
Which speck case are you taking about? I was considering the speck pixel skin HD.
Erikx559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #1484
alphawhiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikx559 View Post
Which speck case are you taking about? I was considering the speck pixel skin HD.
Candyshell
Old 09-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #1485
zuckuss00

My Ride: K24Z7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Sorry I have to disagree with you... Otterbox doesn't kill the iPhone style and even if it did it all comes down to your priorities. My priority is protection first and foremost. Given I have 2 little kids who enjoy playing with mommy and daddy's iphones for the game apps, I prefer the phone to be fully protected and the Otterbox Defender has done a great job with that for my iPhone 4. If your issue is purely bulkiness then you can look into other cases like the Lifeproof case... unlike the Otterbox Defender, the Lifeproof case is much less bulky and is waterproof.

But yeah, the Otterbox Defender has served its purpose well with my iPhone 4 plus I decided to mod my case as you can see in the attached pic, lol.
Every time I see a iPhone with a Otterbox case, I can't help but .

It completely eliminates the #1 reason why I buy iPhones... because they are sleek and thin. Putting a case on an iPhone that increases its volume 2x is ridiculous. There are other cases out there that protect the phone just as well. The rubber cover makes it impossible to remove from your pockets.

Not only that, if you are handing your children a $800 piece of glass to play with, you need to reconsider what your doing. A Nintendo is about 20% the cost of that phone your giving them.

I apologize for the rant, and I'm not trying to sound like a d**k. However, I just pointing out the things I disagree with.

UUC Motorwerks | Vörsteiner | JLeviSW | VMR | DTM-Spec | Euro Dyne | ModBargains | EAS
zuckuss00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #1486
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss00 View Post
Every time I see a iPhone with a Otterbox case, I can't help but .

It completely eliminates the #1 reason why I buy iPhones... because they are sleek and thin. Putting a case on an iPhone that increases its volume 2x is ridiculous. There are other cases out there that protect the phone just as well. The rubber cover makes it impossible to remove from your pockets.

Not only that, if you are handing your children a $800 piece of glass to play with, you need to reconsider what your doing. A Nintendo is about 20% the cost of that phone your giving them.

I apologize for the rant, and I'm not trying to sound like a d**k. However, I just pointing out the things I disagree with.
I have an iPad 2 in a big ass case and my phone is really slim(droid razr maxx) and i usually keep that in a big ass case. But that's because of my work environment and everything gets beat to **** so why wouldn't I protect it I guess I should be inferior products to put in big cases?
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #1487
alphawhiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I have an iPad 2 in a big ass case and my phone is really slim(droid razr maxx) and i usually keep that in a big ass case. But that's because of my work environment and everything gets beat to **** so why wouldn't I protect it I guess I should be inferior products to put in big cases?
I don't get big cases either, except for people that are in your situation. If you NEED that protection, then of course it makes sense. People that work construction or some other rough outdoors job should def use these cases.

As for everyone else: different strokes for diff folks.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #1488
zuckuss00

Quote:
I have an iPad 2 as well. This is the case I have for it. Anything larger is just overkill. The iPad 2 is actually thinner than the new one.

http://www.marware.com/c-e-o-hybrid-...0#.UF4nWY1lRAc

UUC Motorwerks | Vörsteiner | JLeviSW | VMR | DTM-Spec | Euro Dyne | ModBargains | EAS
Old 09-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1489
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikx559 View Post
I have this:

Been great ever since I got the 4s
Old 09-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #1490
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss00 View Post
I have an iPad 2 as well. This is the case I have for it. Anything larger is just overkill. The iPad 2 is actually thinner than the new one.

http://www.marware.com/c-e-o-hybrid-...0#.UF4nWY1lRAc
That thing would get destroyed in 2 days at my work. I need a case that completely covers the screen all the time.

I used this one for awhile, now I have another similar one to it that is a smooth back. Guess it depends on what you do everyday IMO. Same reason I wear a G Shock watch to work instead of a breitling or rolex.

Plus I really don't mind the size, I didn't buy my phone or ipad because they were thin.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #1491
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOpower View Post
Wish iPhone 5 had a bigger screen

AND/OR

the S3 didn't have annoying software -

Imperfect world I tell you

Steep learning curve for android over the last year - hopefully their software will be awesome in a years time
Windows 8 is going to murder Android at its own game.

I love my 5! Everything is just that much better, as reviews have said. I think the maps are almost as good as google maps were- and the 3D is better than street view. It will be perfect within a couple months.

Has anyone else noticed how much better the display is than the 4/4S? Colors are more vivid, less glare, etc. Everything they said it would be!

I have the Spigen SGP Ultra Thin case in white and it's great! Although I really am tempted to ditch a case all together. I'll see how the full body films work with the new multi piece back before I order one.

Last edited by Grande D; 09-22-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #1492
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
I have this:

Been great ever since I got the 4s
I got that one when they were giving away free cases when the 4 came out... definitely a nifty case. I eventually got annoyed by the added size though and took it off after a few months. Still have it lying around though, lol

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #1493
zuckuss00

Quote:
That thing would get destroyed in 2 days at my work. I need a case that completely covers the screen all the time.

I used this one for awhile, now I have another similar one to it that is a smooth back. Guess it depends on what you do everyday IMO. Same reason I wear a G Shock watch to work instead of a breitling or rolex.

Plus I really don't mind the size, I didn't buy my phone or ipad because they were thin.
I completely understand that. If you use a tablets are much easier to break than a phone is. If it's being used in an environmental that it needs protection, then use it. But for the average, day-to-day use. Huge cases are just cumbersome.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #1494
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
When Powersupportusa comes out with the IP5 screen protectors get that. Have it on my 4s and it's amazing.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #1495
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Windows 8 is going to murder Android at its own game.
Have you tried Windows Phone? It sucks monkey balls.
Android has no worries.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #1496
zuckuss00

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Android has no worries.
Agreed!

Jelly Bean is actually an extremely nice OS. I like it better than Apples iOS...

and I'm a huge Apple fanboy. But function/aesthetics wise Apple >*

Old 09-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #1497
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Android has no worries.
This.

If you thought ios was locked down......

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #1498
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Moar!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1348353431.846052.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	470441  
Old 09-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #1499
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Sorry I have to disagree with you... Otterbox doesn't kill the iPhone style and even if it did it all comes down to your priorities. My priority is protection first and foremost. Given I have 2 little kids who enjoy playing with mommy and daddy's iphones for the game apps, I prefer the phone to be fully protected and the Otterbox Defender has done a great job with that for my iPhone 4. If your issue is purely bulkiness then you can look into other cases like the Lifeproof case... unlike the Otterbox Defender, the Lifeproof case is much less bulky and is waterproof.

But yeah, the Otterbox Defender has served its purpose well with my iPhone 4 plus I decided to mod my case as you can see in the attached pic, lol.
That is disgusting.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #1500
Dcha

My Ride: Mkodama's sister
Send a message via AIM to Dcha
There is no reasoning with otterbox users.