E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #21
SCOTTY J H

My Ride: 320ci
Betik - How did you go with ordering from Incarmeadia? Any dramas? Take long to get to you?

Lucas (Clickable Automotive)- Please do, you will certainly have my business and many other members on here!

Guys is it still worth getting the android version if I'm not going to use it with the net (mostly for music and TV) and does anyone have any good recommendations on what reverse camera to get?

Thanks guys,
Scott
SCOTTY J H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
betik

My Ride: BMW 05 E46 318i
Everything went smooth as ordered it on a Wednesday got to me on the following Tuesday and I'm in perth
betik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #23
betik

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgin View Post
I've had a dynavin since 2010 and never had any issues works and sound quality the same as the OEM cd player I had before. I never switch it off since I use it for the handsfree phone feature and the reverse camera.
I'm also upgrading to a type r system will this enhance my sound quality?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #24
Chewy

My Ride: '03 LSB M3 Vert SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by betik View Post
Afaik, the Dynavin unit is still better than the OEM. So yes sound quality will be improved.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #25
Lucas@Clickable
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
I shall reply to this thread this Saturday afternoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by helrot330ci View Post
I have the Dynavin D90 V5 WinCE unit, works awsome... plays cd/dvd/mp3 , i have a 32gb usb drive plugged in which also plays avi (DivX) video files instead of having to burn DVDs. Bluetooth handsfree and Mic work pretty good, can also listen to music off iphone/ipod via bluetooth. I just upgraded the Maps with speed camera locations etc..

The only downside was the cd/dvd drive failed and the gps receiver stopped working, It was covered under warranty and i had the whole unit replaced by Dynavin a few weeks ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTY J H View Post
Betik - How did you go with ordering from Incarmeadia? Any dramas? Take long to get to you?

Lucas (Clickable Automotive)- Please do, you will certainly have my business and many other members on here!

Guys is it still worth getting the android version if I'm not going to use it with the net (mostly for music and TV) and does anyone have any good recommendations on what reverse camera to get?

Thanks guys,
Scott
Awesome, thanks for your help guys - It's much appreciated!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #26
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
you mean alpine type r speakers ? If so definitely will improve sound quality with or without the dynavin. I got JBL splits.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
betik

Yer type r splits front n back amp n sub $1000 and a dynavin should be half decent sound system
Old 09-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #28
betik

so far the dynavin makes a constant ringing sound... and says unable to scan for networks.. the rhs speakers don't work (that could be wiring haven't got it check yet) other than that it every thing pretty much works
Old 09-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
so far the dynavin makes a constant ringing sound... and says unable to scan for networks.. the rhs speakers don't work (that could be wiring haven't got it check yet) other than that it every thing pretty much works
Check all connections again and make sure you plugged in the USB Wifi dongle to the correct USB port. Btw, do you have an external amp?

Last edited by fgin; 09-22-2012 at 10:19 PM.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #30
betik

yer will do yes i do
Old 09-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #31
forzamilan10

My Ride: '04 325Ci Sport
Quote:
Find a local supplier for Focal audio, even their entry level products produce fantastic sound. Much better than Alpine, IMO... just my two cents.

'04 325Ci + MYSTIC BLUE + EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST & MID-PIPE
forzamilan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #32
Pants.On.Fire

My Ride: 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgin View Post
you mean alpine type r speakers ? If so definitely will improve sound quality with or without the dynavin. I got JBL splits.
Maybe I'm just picky, but I have JL C5's and they sound average through a Dynavin. I had a Alpine headunit before the Dynavin and the sound was 3x better.

The C5's are running off a JL HD amp aswell.
Pants.On.Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
Sound is only as good as it's source. Turd in turd out. The DAC in entry level Alpine will infinitely better than the DAC in the Dynavin. Even so for the OEM Alpine/Blaupunkt units.

But Pants.On.Fire I would be questioning the install of your components if it sounds average but having said those speakers are not exactly well regarded.
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #34
Pants.On.Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Sound is only as good as it's source. Turd in turd out. The DAC in entry level Alpine will infinitely better than the DAC in the Dynavin. Even so for the OEM Alpine/Blaupunkt units.

But Pants.On.Fire I would be questioning the install of your components if it sounds average but having said those speakers are not exactly well regarded.
I play flac through CD but what I meant was, that my old alpine headline running the same gear sounded so much better. So they are installed correctly just sound a lot worse. But like i said im picky!

Where did you hear the c5's are not well regarded? I couldn't find many bad reviews on them, and all I did find was that they were better than the type r's. (if you are referring to the Type r's mentioned earlier)

Last edited by Pants.On.Fire; 09-24-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #35
Jh05M3

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3
I would recommend Focal speakers also over the alpine. You could run a JBL MS8 processor from any radio and dramatically improve the quality of any speakers, including your factory ones. It's not an ultimate solution but does some pretty cool things without all the time and work it usually does...
Double Din Mod - Kenwood DNX9980HD | Focal Be N 7 | Focal Be N 6 | Focal 33KX x 2 | Mosconi AS Amplifiers | K&N Cold Air | Eisenmann Mid Pipes | AA Gen IV Exhaust | UUC SSK DSSR | DINAN Stage 4 | K40 RL360 | Foose 20s on Nitto INVOs | Ultrasuede Interior - Top Half | Painted Interior Trim - Gloss Black | Vorsteiner CF VRS Hood | CF Vents |
Jh05M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #36
Charleyse46

My Ride: 01 convertible
Hi all, I got the Hong Kong Ebay special $480, DVD NAV etc, the connections did not match the factory HK system so pulled the whole HK sytem out, speakers amp, nav, Changer the whole lot.
Fitted 5 chanel amp, kenwood splits, and clarion 10 inch sub. All worked fantastic until I started the car, I no longer need the taco as the stereo whirr told me what was happening. After 3 inline and 2 power filters, and being re wired 5 times with different earth/power combinations and $100 in parts, I sent the unit back another $90. I am either getting money back or a new unit. Wish I had known about incar media. If I get my money back will get one of their units. I currently have a Clarion DVD bluetooth unit forced into the hole and it works fine, no whirrrrrrrr. Are you all happy the incarmedia unit is worth getting. The cheap HK unit fitted great and was easy to use and I hope they can replace it but looks like they will give me my money back as they cannot guaruntee it won't whirr. My car had the factory Alpine TV NAV Cassette system with the small screen, the connactions do not seem the same as any other BM??
Charleyse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #37
Pants.On.Fire

If you ground the headunit to the amp ground point on the car might have fixed the whirr , but yeah cheap units have terrible grinding issues
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #38
Charleyse46

My Ride: 01 convertible
Tried that, you name it I tried it, as the clarion unit had no issues no mater how it got wired I am going to blame the Hong Kong unit,
Charleyse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #39
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants.On.Fire View Post
I play flac through CD but what I meant was, that my old alpine headline running the same gear sounded so much better. So they are installed correctly just sound a lot worse. But like i said im picky!

Where did you hear the c5's are not well regarded? I couldn't find many bad reviews on them, and all I did find was that they were better than the type r's. (if you are referring to the Type r's mentioned earlier)
Yeah I got what you were saying and was pretty much agreeing with you.

In regards to the C5's, i'm not saying they are a bad set, it's just they are not most sonically impressive speakers for the price. Even seen them out placed by DLS RS6's which can be had for almost 200 cheaper street price. Back to back, mounted on axis in a demo car at FCA.

But having said all that, considering what else is out there that you could have bought it's all good
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #40
Pants.On.Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Yeah I got what you were saying and was pretty much agreeing with you.

In regards to the C5's, i'm not saying they are a bad set, it's just they are not most sonically impressive speakers for the price. Even seen them out placed by DLS RS6's which can be had for almost 200 cheaper street price. Back to back, mounted on axis in a demo car at FCA.

But having said all that, considering what else is out there that you could have bought it's all good
Yeah I realised this after I bought them. I liked the Kappa's I heard. Next time I will definitely buying something more up there.

Nothing really sounds that great in an E46 anyway due to the location of the speakers.