E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 208 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #681
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by NECTOP View Post
Maybe M3 will be able to fix it for us, if he had some free time to spend.
He is on holiday (re. his post). Give the man a break.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #682
TevHill11
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2001 330Ci Convertib
Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
No the new ROM will not work on old models as you also state. Apparently the screen driver is different. This brings me to the possible solution to your problem M3:
if the screen driver is different, maybe you can spot where the difference is in the code and identify where the screendriver is placed in the software?
Does it work for D90 because thats what i have and its not working! i need some help
TevHill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #683
TevHill11
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2001 330Ci Convertib
I've seriously tried everything on this fourm and everything m3 said to do..
Is this what the partition suppose to look like?

TevHill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #684
jateshk

My Ride: M3 Vet 100% options
any ways to try this rom without paying for it? I am happy to pay once i know i like it ....just cant justify paying if i dont know if i will use it or not!! Anyone can they PM the rom? jateshk@gmail.com
Old 09-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #685
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
any ways to try this rom without paying for it? I am happy to pay once i know i like it ....just cant justify paying if i dont know if i will use it or not!! Anyone can they PM the rom? jateshk@gmail.com
No there isnt, its worth it completely otherwise there wouldnt be such a large thread of happy people.....
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #686
jateshk

My Ride: M3 Vet 100% options
can some please tell me if the sirius app works with the modified version? I really wish i could try it out before i pony up the $35! Is it worth it!? Does this improve the rate you can input in the screen. When ever i have to input anything on the screen its horrible!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #687
selien

My Ride: 330CI
my rom no longer loads on bootup.
Tried to download another copy from the link in the emails provided when I purchased and they no longer exist.
I need a link to redownload this.
If anyone can help me out with a link before op gets back to me: joltz1@gmail.com

I AM OF DUBIOUS NATURE
selien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #688
jpark74

My Ride: 330XI
for some reason, even though I am connected to wifi and can surf webpages, Play Store says I'm not connected. Youtube also says I am not connected, along with Google Maps... anyone know what's going on?
jpark74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #689
NECTOP

My Ride: Audi A3 Sportback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark74 View Post
for some reason, even though I am connected to wifi and can surf webpages, Play Store says I'm not connected. Youtube also says I am not connected, along with Google Maps... anyone know what's going on?

Check your ip. Better use static ip instead of dhcp. Fixed problem for me for ever with MiFi device.
NECTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #690
jpark74

My Ride: 330XI
I challenge you to look at the big picture and turn this into something big. You can take this idea to Kickstarter and I'm sure tons of people will support you with funding.
What you're proposing is putting a $150-$200 android tablet (think Google Nexus 7 or the newly released Nook 7" tablet) into a din slot and integrating it professionally. I'm sure with the proper funding, you can get this done right and make $$$$ for yourself, while keeping the price to under $400 or so (definitely not going to cost $800). It's just a matter of integrating is professionally.

It would be a HUGE win for both you and everyone out there wishing for a better android unit in their car. What do you say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
No none of the hardware buttons on the Dynavin including the steering wheel buttons will work on the android side. None of the hardware buttons can communicate with the Android side it will only work on the radio side.

Im currently building a new system (not Dynavin) for my buddy's M3 that you can control Android just as you described with the steering wheel buttons. He was thinking of getting the D99 Dynavin or the Enco but read about all the problems both of those system has and decided not to buy either one.

Heres a list of features in my new custom system that im building:
  • Can be built for All BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Acura, Lexus and other brands.
  • OEM Factory look
  • Steering wheel buttons control of Android and HD radio. (you can remap the buttons to whatever function you want in Android)
  • Compatable with practically all 3G USB modem available
  • Wifi 802.11N that connects and stays connected (None of that Froyo wifi disconnect problems)
  • No need for extra bluetooth adapter its all built in and working perfectly (it pairs And shows connected)
  • Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradeable to the new Jellybean
  • Instant on (zero boot time)
  • Sunlight viewable
  • 7" multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (Dynavin has single touch resistive)
  • 1.3ghz Dual Core Processor (stock Dynavin has a single core 500mhz)
  • 1GB of RAM memory (Dynavin has 256mb)
  • 8GB internal flash drive (Dynavin has 256mb)
  • optional extra storage of 100GB+
  • GPS fast satellite fix
  • Natual human sounding navigation TTS voice guidance (no more 1970's robot voice)
  • You can use any and all available navigation apps from Android Market
  • Beats Audio
  • Optional built in 3G/4G modem
  • Optional built in phone that you can make calls directly from your system. You will need a cell account to activate this.

If you are interested in a custom build for your car please email me your Make/Model year of your car and if it has any premium factory stereo already installed. Also include what options and features you would like in your custom build.
jpark74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #691
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Quote:
I challenge you to look at the big picture and turn this into something big. You can take this idea to Kickstarter and I'm sure tons of people will support you with funding.
What you're proposing is putting a $150-$200 android tablet (think Google Nexus 7 or the newly released Nook 7" tablet) into a din slot and integrating it professionally. I'm sure with the proper funding, you can get this done right and make $$$$ for yourself, while keeping the price to under $400 or so (definitely not going to cost $800). It's just a matter of integrating is professionally.

It would be a HUGE win for both you and everyone out there wishing for a better android unit in their car. What do you say!!
I would love to see something like that come to light. Considering I've had my D99 for less than a year, I'm actually very disappointed. The only reason I keep going is because of M3Evo's ROMs. I really only use 2 apps on Android: Mixzing and NavFree, and I almost never use the WinCE side, except when the phone rings or I'm in reverse. I could complain some more, but it comes down to 3 major gripes: 1) The resistive touch screen is a joke, 2) the hardware was 3 years old the moment the D99 came out, 3) There's no support or bug fixes from Dynavin's staff.

Anyway, I actually came on with a question. I'm not sure which ROM I have, at the moment, I can only see that the image file on my SD card is from April 2, 2012, it's probably 1.2. I noticed that my programs and even my launcher, seem to be a bit forgetful about 25% of the time. When I start my car and open up Mixzing Player, I sometimes get welcome and tips screens as if this is my first time running the app, it forgets all of my settings. Same thing happened with poweramp, which I no longer use. NavFree is doing it, as well, I click the icon and it says "installing, please wait." Every once in a while, the launcher even forgets if I want the default launcher or Launcher EX.
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #692
diemair

My Ride: BMW E46 330xd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety-9 SE-L View Post
...question. I'm not sure which ROM I have, at the moment, I can only see that the image file on my SD card is from April 2, 2012, it's probably 1.2. I noticed that my programs and even my launcher, seem to be a bit forgetful about 25% of the time. When I start my car and open up Mixzing Player, I sometimes get welcome and tips screens as if this is my first time running the app, it forgets all of my settings. Same thing happened with poweramp, which I no longer use. NavFree is doing it, as well, I click the icon and it says "installing, please wait." Every once in a while, the launcher even forgets if I want the default launcher or Launcher EX.
I have the same issue. With sygic, with copilot, with the launcher (it does not remember which one i've piced for permanent use), with ADX Ex Launcher (It get stuck when it shall show the launcher) and other apps. It seems that all apps which store some config information sometimes have this issue.
I have this issue with the original ROM and all ROM from M3 till now.

Best regards
diemair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #693
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
If Dynavin released the source code like they are supposed to under the GPL license someone could host the code on GitHub and it could be a sweet community ROM.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels
SmokeyDP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #694
Volente

My Ride: BMW 320DAT M-Sport
Quote:
Check your date, it may be year 1970 :p
If you haven't got a gps fix your date might be wrong.
Happens to me sometimes.
Volente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #695
NECTOP

My Ride: Audi A3 Sportback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volente View Post
Check your date, it may be year 1970 :p
If you haven't got a gps fix your date might be wrong.
Happens to me sometimes.
Could you please advice, how to fix problem with 1970?
NECTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #696
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
It means you are not getting GPS signal.....the unit gets the time data from the sats so if your unit shows that its 1970 (the default value) then its not getting a signal from the GPS.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #697
Volente

My Ride: BMW 320DAT M-Sport
Quote:
You can set the date/time manually then switch back to automatic.
Google play should work then.
Volente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #698
halo0

My Ride: '02 330i 5mt
Quote:

I would kick the living start out of that!

But seriously, been trying to figure out what to get for my newly acquired e46 and got really excited when I discovered the dynavin units, and then really deflated when I started reading about all the issues with their actual operation. Been thinking for a while about how cool it would be to integrate a Nexus 7 into a vehicle.

^Click, stop by and say hi.^ ------ 5% off Redline leather
halo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #699
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Hey guys!

I am currently in China now exploring best possible solutions. I did get a chance to stop by Dynavin's local office here. I might soon have a permanent hardware fix for the Android clock and will have my custom ROM pre-installed and ready for order soon.

http://m3evolution.webs.com/

Quote:

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #700
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Great work! When you say you'll have your custom ROM ready for order soon do you mean newer than 1.50? Will it be available for the community who have already donated?
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote