E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
rliberty

My Ride: Family Car
drivers window will not auto crack

I have tried everything...the auto down works. The auto up works sometimes. The window will not crack though when i open the door to then close when i close it. Any help would be awesome.
rliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Tchleung

My Ride: 02 M3
Reset the window memory.

With door closed, open the window all the way up, then once it's at the top, hold up on that switch fully for 5 seconds. Then click it to roll it all the way down, then press the switch this time and hold it for 5 seconds. See if that works for ya. Usually have to do this after a battery reset etc.

00 Jet Black 323i 5MT - Fuel Saver

02 Carbon Black M3 6MT - Fun Car
456whp/312wtq @ 8psi, No #'s yet at 9psi
4.10 / Headers / ESS VT2-550+

Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
rliberty

Thanks for the input but i tried this....still didnt work. Any other solutions.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Does it ever roll back down a little after you roll it up? May be the pinch sensor.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
rliberty

No. It does not ever roll down after I roll it up...

I installed a hard top on the convertible and i would really like to get this fixed. It continues to affect the felt lining on the hard top.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to a solution.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
$ilent ///M

My Ride: 03.5 M3 smg lsb
How are you doing the reset... you need to hold the button up for bout 10 seconds then hold down (not one touch down) for another 10 seconds
$ilent ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rliberty View Post
No. It does not ever roll down after I roll it up...

I installed a hard top on the convertible and i would really like to get this fixed. It continues to affect the felt lining on the hard top.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to a solution.
Ah, the fact that it was a vert would have been pertinent information.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
FLarrazabal

My Ride: 325Ci
I have a 325Ci with a few issues, it started with the close when door shut funtion of the front windows. Its the function the lowers the front windows approx 1/4" when you open the doors in order to clear the convertible weather seal. Upon closing the door the windows automatically raise to the full close position. I noticed that when the driver side door is opened, the the door open light on the instrument panel will not come on, the overhead light will not come on and the window will not lower. Also when I use the key remote to unlock the doors, the left door will not unlock, it will however lock with the remote. Everything works fine with the left door. I called the BMW dealer in town and they said it may be a loose wire or maybe it needed a computer reset. About $300.00. I've done some research and those functions are controled by the door lock itself. So I removed the door lock from the door which requires the removal of the airbag, window, and window regulator, a true pain since the window has a number of adjustments. I did not find any loose wires but the door lock did look worn out. I will be ordering a new one soon and hopefully that will fix the problems. After installing everthing back, I noticed that the airbag warning light on the instrument panel was on. I rechecked that the airbag was connected and it was. I did some research and found out that I could reset the computer and that would turn the light off, the maintenace manual also said that after an airbag change the computer may have the be reset. Ok so I find a video that shows how to reset the computer, however I think I've messed something up because now my convertible is acting up. Here is what its doing, I start the car and push the top down button, nothing happens, I lower the windows and then push the top down button again, not the top lowers normally. Now I try to put the top up but nothing happens with the windows up or down. I turn the car off and restart it back up, now the top up button and everything works fine. I tried cycling the the top again, but again same issues, top comes down normaly but have to shut car off then back on, then the top will come back up. Not sure what I have done, also when I tried to reset the computer when I turn the ignition switch to the first position I hear a switching noise comming from the area where the CVM (convertible top module) is located. This is all driving me crazy, I have found the CVM and convertible top manual, but no help there
FLarrazabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
808elise

My Ride: OG E46 M3/AW E46 M3
I am having the same issues with window on passenger side and door lock on passenger side. My last one had the issue on the driver side. I plan on getting it fixed soon. Interested to hear how this all works out so I know what to do.
808elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent ///M View Post
How are you doing the reset... you need to hold the button up for bout 10 seconds then hold down (not one touch down) for another 10 seconds
I have done this before. This works.