E46 Fanatics Forum banner

HID question for halogen lights

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mattfarrington 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm about to order a HID kit and I need to know if I need the code eliminator or the extra wire harness ?

2000 323i with stock halogens

#2 ·
Please don't do it. Properly upgrade your lighting instead of blinding others by having terrible light output/pattern. Buy new head lights, perform an FX-R retrofit or something.

#6 ·
With an attitude like that, you deserve to get a ticket. And your license taken.

#9 ·
You don't need the canceler. Rthats a waste of money. I forget the ne'er but look it up its under te hid retrofit under the DIY section.
I have HIDs and I use a capacitor instead of the code eliminator.
Only about $2 per cap.

After I installed those, my lights dot flicker, nor do I get an error light.

#10 ·
I also am doing the projector retrofit tonight.
I was an ass and ran 5k HIDs with reflector bowl... But I'm beig nice an Doig te retrofit.

But honestly, the cap ha been working for about 6 months no issues.
I'll be flashing the LCM shortly.

Sorry for any typos. Trying to get used to the iPhone keyboard.

#13 ·
Some people are trolls. Others live life by the rule book it came with.
But the hid's... Kinda a dick move, but can't speak seeing as I've got them now.... Lol

But I'll look it up when I get home later. It's like a uf3700 cap. Something like that.
It's in the hid projector retrofit diy. Works amazing. No codes. Nothing.

Ad, muuuchh cheaper than an error code eliminator.

#16 ·
I'm not trying to be an ass but its not illegal because its in reflector bowls.
It's illegal because its a modification to the car that isn't factory installed.

And all the spivics with HID's in reflectors running around, police just sit care anymore.
And 4.5k lights look like a super bright halogen bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.