E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #21
Nath

My Ride: MY13 Maloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
Yes check out the imola one. It's really nice car. If I had sold my e30 m3 I'd be all over it.
Looks tidy & price is good.

Dont be fooled in stretching your budget then forgetting about future maintenance / tyres

G'luck in your search
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #22
Mitch E46

My Ride: M3 Convertible
Welcome. Patience is the key to finding the right car, good luck with your search.

Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
andrijko

My Ride: 03 E46 M3
ating, Im after a coupe. Just something about the convertibles I dont like.

Im on carsales all day long and night checking back if anything new is popping up.

I did consider that Red one but something about the red I just not set on. also the aftermarket head unit is a bit ugly. Really like the OEM nav units.

That silver one in Sydney has been written off and has no log books. told the guy id take it off his hands for 18k. didnt go down too well.

M3_Maniac, just your personal opinion. What do you think of the SMG? I've heard lots of really good things about them, and as my search continues, I'm more and more tempted by the SMG.

Rajvosa, have you had a look at that Imola red M3?

Starting to really consider it if you guys think its a decent buy.

cheers for all the welcomes. its been great.
andrijko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
Red can look great. Though I never considered it when I was looking, it was either black or white. Didn't want silver cos my previous car was silver and as you know, white is impossible to find. I think I've seen 1 white manual in the past 2 years for sale and that went in under 1 week haha! The OEM nav units aren't that great to be honest...they look terribly dated. SMG can be fun to drive, but the main reason I didn't want to go SMG was cos of the problems it has - but I'm sure you're well aware of that. There's also a lot more SMG than Manual, so you have a wider selection to choose from.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #25
andrijko

The only colour I wont consider though is the gold.
Theres something I just love about an interior being standard. Dont know why. I just do.
I went round to a few of the prestige car yards today just to see what they had. I did find and 04 Competition pack M3. Guy tried to sell it to me as a fully optioned version. I asked him about the cruise control and why it was missing the steering wheel controls. Tried to baffle and low ball him. It nearly worked. nearly.

There is this one in Sydney,
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ort=LastUpdate
guy said he has made a deal with someone. But I did ask him to let me know if it doesnt go through.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #26
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
The red one will look sick with CSLs.
Good luck!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #27
ating

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrijko View Post
The only colour I wont consider though is the gold.
Theres something I just love about an interior being standard. Dont know why. I just do.
I went round to a few of the prestige car yards today just to see what they had. I did find and 04 Competition pack M3. Guy tried to sell it to me as a fully optioned version. I asked him about the cruise control and why it was missing the steering wheel controls. Tried to baffle and low ball him. It nearly worked. nearly.

There is this one in Sydney,
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ort=LastUpdate
guy said he has made a deal with someone. But I did ask him to let me know if it doesnt go through.
Hmm, not bad. The seats look VERY worn though...and he's gone overboard with the ///M badges/stickers lol. I'd get rid of the stickers on the centre console and the front grill. Also, the rear M3 badge looks different. Not sure why he changed that. Personally, I'd prefer the imola red one in Perth.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #28
Sanman10

My Ride: Bmw330ci
Wow yalls cars are expensive as ****
Sanman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #29
M3_DU

My Ride: '02 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman10 View Post
Wow yalls cars are expensive as ****
I hope this doesn't start another 'We get ripped off in Australia whinge session'.
M3_DU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
Seeing as you aren't that fussed with colour etc, times are tough so low ball people with 03.5 + for sale with what your budget and just delete/ignore & move on if they reply with the bullshit stories to justify the prices like manuals are better, phoenix yellow is the signature colour, puke avocardo interior is the new black etc and move on. You will eventually find some dude who needs to get rid of it and deep down will be happy to get a couple of g over trade, don't worry about that.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
andrijko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Seeing as you aren't that fussed with colour etc, times are tough so low ball people with 03.5 + for sale with what your budget and just delete/ignore & move on if they reply with the bullshit stories to justify the prices like manuals are better, phoenix yellow is the signature colour, puke avocardo interior is the new black etc and move on. You will eventually find some dude who needs to get rid of it and deep down will be happy to get a couple of g over trade, don't worry about that.
I hope I find one soon. Im going crazy refreshing the carsales website. Im scared they might ban me coz of how often im sitting there refreshing...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #33
bobz

My Ride: 0 BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrijko View Post
Not too fussed on colour as long as it'a not that gold colour. I would love a white one, but they are hard to find. So i'd settle on anything really. I'd rather it be in the right condition with service history and what not. I've been looking for about 6 months now, and the time has come that i have enough $$ to be able to consider an affordable one.
I don't like you any more

hahahahaha

Just joking good luck and enjoy.

BobZ
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
andrijko

So I've just bought my first M3!!! It's being dropped off at the train depot tomorrow!
I ended up getting the Imola red one that was for sale in Perth. Pretty much what I wanted just not my first color preference. But on the bright side I have gone into overdrive with modding ideas and I think I'm in love with the red now.
Now the final leg of journey is upon me. This journey started way back in high school and it is soon going to end with me behind the wheel of an M3!!
Who has suggestions of places in Aus that sell bits and pieces for the beloved M3?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #35
Chewy

My Ride: '03 LSB M3 Vert SMG
Congrats! Imola Red is an amazing colour.
clickable automotive for parts. They are a sponsor here. otherwise look for the american sponsors (eg: ecs tuning)

First thing to do is probably change all fluids.

Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #36
ating

Congrats! Imola Red is a great colour. Another M3 in Adelaide yay! Clickable is good for OEM parts, but all my aftermarket parts have been bought from overseas. What mods are you thinking?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #37
andrijko

Not sure where to start... But I'm thinking the basics first. Want to swap out the kidney grills for matte black ones and the side vents. Then new matte black rims or some sort. Not too sure yet and then some coilovers to get it lower. Thats the start. Oh and I'm thinking of getting a Dynavin D99 Android unit.

Keen for a catch up once I get the car. Don't know any others with a BMW. All my mates have either Hondas or Evo's. Don't think the next week can go fast enough...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
ating

There's a BMW SA Club that I've met. Seems a friendly bunch. Alvin here is a member. He has a CSL (with like 5k kms on it lol) and an orange 1M. Also believe he had a 911 997 turbo but recently sold it. A few Ms in the club and my mate has an E60 M5. I think they're currently planning Eurofest which I'll probably go to. You should come along!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
andrijko

Sounds like it shall be fun. I'm in for that! Provided I'm not working. Which may be the case leading into Xmas. But we shall see.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
[SeN]

My Ride: 2002 M3 Imola Red
Grats on your purchase! Imola Red is an awesome color. Wasn't my 1st choice either but now after owning it, I love it.

Share some pics when she arrives.

Bilstein PSS10 /// Vorshlag Camber Plates /// Turner Motorsports RSM /// Rogue Engineering Octane SSK w. ZHP gear knob /// Dice MediaBridge 1500
[SeN] is offline   Reply With Quote