E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Just get a E92 M3 for the money you are going to spend on making it a CSL.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #22
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
[QUOTE=agent050;14712696]I would say no to all the CSL parts, especially the badge(s)--complete *****!

Here's a cool video for anyone who doesn't know about the real CSL M3:

"Aww... listen to that engine, I don't care if it isn't any quicker, it just sounds quicker..."

ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #23
YGOSLO

My Ride: 03 CarbonSchwartz M3
So long as you don't try to claim it as a CSL when it isn't..... Who cares? Do what you do.

2003.5 Carbon Black/Imola Red ///M3 Coupe: Stock
2003 SVT Ford Mustang Cobra: Not Stock
YGOSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #24
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOSLO View Post
So long as you don't try to claim it as a CSL when it isn't..... Who cares? Do what you do.

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #25
Obioban

My Ride: 2005 Imola/Imola M3
Send a message via AIM to Obioban
If you do the badge, I would make fun of.

No way you'll do every part of the conversion. Dash board frame, every exhaust component, intake manifold, cams, different ecu, etc. No way.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #26
jhaurimn

My Ride: 01' 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
If you do the badge, I would make fun of.

No way you'll do every part of the conversion. Dash board frame, every exhaust component, intake manifold, cams, different ecu, etc. No way.
This, plus it won't be a "csl" as in 1 of however many BMW made.
2001 M3 - 90xxx
1989 325i - 2??,???
jhaurimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
dmaninphx

My Ride: LSB 2002 //M3
What a complete waste! The cost for this convergence is simply maddening to have a car that will still only be worth book value for exact year, make and model. Why throw your money away when in the end your car is still worth significantly less that (maybe up to 70% of what you out into it) value wise?

Buy another M, make it a dedicated track car and get much more enjoyment and gain LOADS of learning experiences with it on the track!

AND putting a badge on it??? FOOLS PLAY!!! That is like M badging a non M version car, AMG badging a non AMG car, S badging, well you get the point. If you want the real thing BUY IT. If you can't get it or can't afford it, well then here's your sign......
Old 09-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #28
e popa

My Ride: M3,Sc323ci,Ml320
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanga254 View Post
Of course, this started as a hypothetical question but if I were to actually go through I would make only exterior and performance mods. I wouldn't want to lose functionality since it would probably be my DD.

As for the roof question, I was under the impression that you would just need to take out the windows, cut the tacks and glue for a 1000 dollar roof.
Roof isn't quite that easy and times that 1000 by 4 and your close to being right.

AW M3
Matte Black CSL's,gills & grills
brembos, Dinan exhaust
Alacantra wheel
OEM CSL trunk,VCSL roof,bumper,diffuser
e popa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #29
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk56 View Post
The CSL is substantially lighter, has no A/C or radio, has (essentially) cardboard for the floor of the boot, has carbon fibre for the roof, a plastic rear window, and much thinner glass, and also has about 20 bhp more than the standard US version M3. It was never certified for sale in the US, and was seriously expensive in Europe.
CSL's could be ordered with a/c and radio AFAIK.

In the end, I like the look of the CSL's trunk and the splitters. The interior is a bit to spartan for a street car IMHO.

The intake and ECU is a great addition.

I don't know about badging...that seems lame to me, but then half the world seems to be running autobot/decipticon badges on their Mustangs and Camaros today so IDK.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaninphx View Post
What a complete waste! The cost for this convergence is simply maddening to have a car that will still only be worth book value for exact year, make and model. Why throw your money away when in the end your car is still worth significantly less that (maybe up to 70% of what you out into it) value wise?

Buy another M, make it a dedicated track car and get much more enjoyment and gain LOADS of learning experiences with it on the track!

AND putting a badge on it??? FOOLS PLAY!!! That is like M badging a non M version car, AMG badging a non AMG car, S badging, well you get the point. If you want the real thing BUY IT. If you can't get it or can't afford it, well then here's your sign......
Many are putting a lot more into their E46's then they are 'worth'. HPF anyone?
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after market, csl