E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #41
SledgeHammer!

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3
Umm... many people think the sexyness on this car peaked with the E46 and then took a drunk-girl-texting-off-a-60-foot-cliff-esque nose dive immediately after. I'm one of those people. Yeah, the E9x's have more power and better technology and are still under warranty, but the interior and exterior is complete and utter garbage IMO. BMW has fixed some of the issues (i.e. stacked guages), but the interior still reeks of economy Ford. The exterior is "passable" if I was in utter need of a new car, but the interior... holy crapsicle... it just feels like cheap plastic and doesn't have that high end feel that the E46 has.
SledgeHammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #42
greenhobby

My Ride: 2002 e46 M3
hmmmm... The e46 is less sophisticated and much more raw. That is the appeal. The e9x is more sterile. Clearly 'better' is relative with regards to these cars.

It's like the difference between a point and shoot camera and an older manual model.

Good luck with your decision . The e46 M3 will probably need more TLC since it is older.

-gh
greenhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #43
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
wait for the m4.

I just got an 06 again, me second m. technology is dated only thing it has bluetooth and thats just about it.

but I love the rasp. You shouldn't be contemplating man, fully na v8 is nice

but ill trade ya haha

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP

INSTAGRAM : itsjorgebrah
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #44
3ric

My Ride: 06 M3 ZCP
I traded my e90 and went back to an e46 M3. Two totally different cars and feels. The E46, to me feels like sports car in all aspects. engine sound, ride, steering, seats, suspension. The car is also designed for the driver, the whole center console wraps the driver in the vehicle, where as the e90 that feeling is lost. Its all preference. In the future I think a e46 m3 will be worth more than an e90 to a collector, just my opinion.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
AW///M3

My Ride: E46 M3
DO IT!! Then give your review about both and the differences.

You're review would be along the lines of:
E46 M= Raw, sports car feel, dated technology
E9X M= Refined, comfortable, newer technology

Newer isn't always better, newer to me means refined, but also could mean you're still making payments

Last edited by AW///M3; 09-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.
AW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #46
dmnkno
Banned User

My Ride: e46 m3
All i need is driveshaft n axles brand new m3 suspension my m runs tight than one fron the dealer
dmnkno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #47
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnkno View Post
All i need is driveshaft n axles brand new m3 suspension my m runs tight than one fron the dealer
This thread is 2 years old. You bumped it because you want to trade your e46 for an e90. I doubt OP is gonna do it. Also it's been 2 years, I'm sure he figured everything out.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #48
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
This thread is 2 years old. You bumped it because you want to trade your e46 for an e90. I doubt OP is gonna do it. Also it's been 2 years, I'm sure he figured everything out.
SHE kept it because her husband is the one who makes decisions and SHE has no say in what happens.

Also, she is an offensive twat.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #49
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
I love you, Gabe.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #50
Beamer Creamer

My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
E46 is the way to go. V8 is just more moving parts. Car isnt hardly faster. Its heavier and less drivers feel. I like the looks of them but it does sound like a money thing. How old is your e90? Hope you havent lost too much on depreciation. As far as new technology being so much better, i dont think thats the case. Newer means havent found all the problems yet.More technology usually just means more b.s about the environment and more money to be spent on new style more expensive parts. Maybe im the only one that thinks most the systems arent for your car to be better but a joke told to people about carbon footprints. Eg. Crankcase fume reburn. How does that fire cleaner than fresh oxygen and fuel only going into cyl? Blah blah get the e46 i say

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #51
DSilk56

My Ride: M-3 Convertible
The e92 M3 is measurably quicker than its e46 predecessor, and you can't change the facts by denying them. Now faster doesn't always mean better, and whether or not the e92 represents a better car than the e46 depends upon what you want. If you are willing to sacrifice some performance in exchange for a more involving drive then the e46 is your ticket (and if you are willing to sacrifice a lot of performance for an even more involving drive, then get the e30 M3). For those who live their lives a quarter mile at a time, or who want a luxurious car that can become a beast when asked, the e92 (or better yet, the M5) is the car to have. Me? I prefer involvement.
DSilk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #52
c5ry

My Ride: 2011 M3
I was thinking about going e46 to e90 M3. But i havent drove the e90 yet. What options are on your car?

Last edited by c5ry; 10-01-2012 at 08:11 PM.
c5ry is offline   Reply With Quote