E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #2141
Erikx559

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
My 3gs and 5 both rattle even if I am holding down the lock button.. It is something else, but it doesn't bother me..
Yea mine isn't the lock button as well.
Erikx559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #2142
M4TT4

My Ride: BMW e46 323i luxury
Well I've had my 5 since release date. I love all my apple products and could never convert. But here are my issues in no particular order...
Would've liked a bit more wider on the screen.
Battery life isn't as good as the 4s which is a bit of a pain.
Maps is crap and we all know it so that's all I'll say.
No YouTube app. And I hate the App Store version.
I'm still trying to get used to reaching to the top left to go back, especially in messages.
Bluetooth interference is a bit more sensitive.
Because I work with my hands I like to use an otter box case which is great. So device thickness is no issue for me. But what really gets my goat is that we keep getting thinner and thinner in device thickness, that we aren't moving forward in adding new features. I would've loved to see an NFC chip in the arsenal because I hate carrying a wallet. Yes it's noticeably faster! And I love it! But I was expecting a lot more.
Oh, and its taking to long for app developers to optimize their apps for the bigger screen.
Apart from that its great and I love the new design.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #2143
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TT4 View Post
Well I've had my 5 since release date. I love all my apple products and could never convert. But here are my issues in no particular order...
Would've liked a bit more wider on the screen.
Battery life isn't as good as the 4s which is a bit of a pain.
Maps is crap and we all know it so that's all I'll say.
No YouTube app. And I hate the App Store version.
I'm still trying to get used to reaching to the top left to go back, especially in messages.
Bluetooth interference is a bit more sensitive.
Because I work with my hands I like to use an otter box case which is great. So device thickness is no issue for me. But what really gets my goat is that we keep getting thinner and thinner in device thickness, that we aren't moving forward in adding new features. I would've loved to see an NFC chip in the arsenal because I hate carrying a wallet. Yes it's noticeably faster! And I love it! But I was expecting a lot more.
Oh, and its taking to long for app developers to optimize their apps for the bigger screen.
I thought the new Youtube app was supposed to be much better

Bluetooth weakness is more than likely caused by the aluminum back, which is also why there is no NFC chip.

I bought a cheap bluetooth music reciever once that had this little metal plate in it to add weight. When i took it out, bluetooth range increased by about 10x, literally.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #2144
L3MONz

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikx559 View Post
Yea mine isn't the lock button as well.
Apple fails with glue and apparently they didn't apply enough glue to the battery or something like that so you will be hearing a rattle until you decide to open that sucker up and glue it back yourself.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #2145
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe View Post
Check your usage via the settings.. what is the usage and standby time? My phone right now has 1 hour 30 minutes of usage, and 64% of battery left. The usage was super light too, just a few emails and few quick phone calls. Pretty sure I have a faulty battery or something.
i didnt get to do it yesterday. todays:

usage 1 hr 57 minutes
standby 8 hours 28 minutes

87%
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #2146
Ma Junior

My Ride: Has 2 Wheels
[quote=m4tt4;14775818]
Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #2147
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
NO, but this is...

You posted the most generic picture of an iPhone homescreen lol

Responses in BOLD
so no LTE for u>?

let the forum know u were the biggest nokia n95 fanboy and hated the original iphone.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #2148
Ma Junior

Quote:

Would've liked a bit more wider on the screen. (Meh, buy a Galaxy)

Battery life isn't as good as the 4s which is a bit of a pain. (Depends on usage and like most people, you may have a bunch of unnecessary settings turned on - Bluetooth, wifi search, push mail, location services, et cetera)

Maps is crap and we all know it so that's all I'll say. (Have you actually used it and had a bad experience, or are you just parroting what you've heard. Google Maps wasn't a error free app either. I've yet to have any problems with Apple Maps thus far)

No YouTube app. And I hate the App Store version. ( You're joking right? The default YouTube app had not been updated some the 1st iPhone. Anyone who regularly used YouTube probably move on to the GF superior web app. The new App Store YouTube app is objectively better than the old app in practically every way. )

I'm still trying to get used to reaching to the top left to go back, especially in messages. ( )

Bluetooth interference is a bit more sensitive. ( )

I would've loved to see an NFC chip in the arsenal because I hate carrying a wallet. (Next time you venture out try counting the amount of businesses that offer some form of mobile payment system. The tech is simply not there, even in major cities like NYC, SF, or CHI. Unless you plan on visiting Tokyo or Shanghai, NFC is largely a niche feature and will remain so for quite some time, in the US anyways.)

Yes it's noticeably faster! And I love it! But I was expecting a lot more. (If you're the kind of person that expects a ton of new features then prepare to be underwhelmed with every iPhone release hence forth. The phone is about refinement. Everything is there, or not there, for a reason. Other companies try to wow and dazzle consumers every year with a slew of new features. This is a very old and insulting business model. Reminds me of automakers, both past and present, who would come up with ridiculous features just for the sake of saying they had an edge over the competition. Forget the fact that the feature is useless or unnecessary in majority of real world situations.)

Oh, and its taking to long for app developers to optimize their apps for the bigger screen. ( Seriously? It's been out for just over a week.)

Meh, I was bored today

Last edited by Ma Junior; 09-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Ma Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #2149
Ma Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3MONz View Post
Apple fails with glue and apparently they didn't apply enough glue to the battery or something like that so you will be hearing a rattle until you decide to open that sucker up and glue it back yourself.
Incorrect. What you're hearing is the gyroscope/acceleromator or the autofocus lens. It's actually normal behavior. Better question is why are you shaking your phone in the first place? Non-issue.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #2150
M4TT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Junior View Post
Meh, I was bored today
Wow you were board!
I'm an apple fanatic and worked in apple retail for a year and a half. I think I know what I'm talking about. NFC is everywhere in Australia. (Seems like America for a change needs to catch up)
Yes I've seen the maps in action and it is bad.
Yes the original YouTube app was laggy and hadn't been updated but the third party one is gay and lacks ui.
This is the new iPhone, and developers have had plenty of time to optimize the display. The 4s was a filler and marketing ploy. This phone has been talked up and worked on by apple for a long time.
I know what I'm talking about. I was merely giving my opinions, no need for a d!ck like yourself to pick apart stuff you don't know about.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #2151
M4TT4

Quote:
Incorrect. What you're hearing is the gyroscope/acceleromator or the autofocus lens. It's actually normal behavior. Better question is why are you shaking your phone in the first place? Non-issue.
This is correct.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #2152
Erikx559

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Yea this seems right. I've seen the YouTube videos of the battery and mine isn't that loud or noticeable.
Erikx559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #2153
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Wow you were board!
I'm an apple fanatic and worked in apple retail for a year and a half. I think I know what I'm talking about. NFC is everywhere in Australia. (Seems like America for a change needs to catch up)
Yes the original YouTube app was laggy and hadn't been updated but the third party one is gay and lacks ui.
This is the new iPhone, and developers have had plenty of time to optimize the display. The 4s was a filler and marketing ploy. This phone has been talked up and worked on by apple for a long time.
I know what I'm talking about. I was merely giving my opinions, no need for a d!ck like yourself to pick apart stuff you don't know about.

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #2154
Ma Junior

Quote:
Wow you were board!
I'm an apple fanatic and worked in apple retail for a year and a half. I think I know what I'm talking about. (think being the operative word)

NFC is everywhere in Australia. (Seems like America for a change needs to catch up)

("gay and lacks ui" that's the most objective review of something I've heard in a while.)

This is the new iPhone, and developers have had plenty of time to optimize the display. The 4s was a filler and marketing ploy. (Riiiight, total filler :rollseyes: Every company does the same thing more or less. Revolution, then evolution. Rinse and repeat ad nausem.)

This phone has been talked up and worked on by apple for a long time. (Really? When was Apple talking up the iPhone 5? My memory gets a bit hazy before September.)

I know what I'm talking about. I was merely giving my opinions, no need for a d!ck like yourself to pick apart stuff you don't know about. (Why do I have to be a d!ck? I don't recall verbally assaulting you.)
Jeez, it's just an exchange of opinions. Take it easy.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #2155
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
I reset my settings, and the battery life seems to have improved quite a bit.
It was annoying to to through everything, turn off notifications, etc, but I feel like my phone is running better, and the battery life has increased as well.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #2156
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Wow you were board!
Maps doesn't seem to be so bad unless you're outside of the US. And calm down, kushy.

Last edited by Grande D; 09-30-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #2157
M4TT4

Quote:
Jeez, it's just an exchange of opinions. Take it easy.
A little verbal jousting is healthy no hard feelings. I do agree with some of your opinions. And I wasn't talking apple who was 'talking the 5 up. Mainly media and leaks. Anyway
Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #2158
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Wow you were board!
apple retail employees know as much as the public.

my friend's bro works there and he's finally quitting.

he realized after 5 years it's RETAIL! lol and they treat some of their employees like crap

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #2159
Ma Junior

Quote:
... And I wasn't talking apple who was 'talking the 5 up. Mainly media and leaks. Anyway

Quote:
...This phone has been talked up and worked on by apple for a long time...
I couldn't resist

Okay, I'm done now

Last edited by Ma Junior; 09-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Ma Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #2160
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Wow you were board!
Are you sure you're using the one made by Google? There is absolutely nothing that isn't done better in the new app. Not to mention the support for official videos now!

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote