E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
generic

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
Broken vacuum line idk what it is???

Just as the title says I have a dryrotted vacuum line that broke and I have no idea what it is. The line is located on the upper intake boot and I have included a pic, any references and answers are greatly appreciated. Cost to fix/ difficulty level bonus points thank you so much. The line in question is the bottom line on the fitting going into the upper intake boot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1348946781885.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	471598  
generic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
j_block

My Ride: 2003 325i
I think that goes to your secondary air pump. But I'm not sure

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App
Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
sfcjetjr

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Goes to fuel pressure regulator on the fuel filter.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
So proper would be to replace the line...and on yours, I'm not sure if it meets a hard vac line or not...but you could just splice in a new section of hose with some barbed nylon couplings you'll find in any hardware store and worry about the rest of the line later at your convenience. If it's just the end, snip it off and see if you have the room to just reconnect it ...there might be play in it...and then you'll have time, as I said, to repair it at your leisure.

I dabbed some rtv on one of my little cracks and it actually held for 2 years! LOL

Oh, realoem.com for PN for everything, but you could, if you needed to, just snip off or measure a section of hose and get something comparable at local auto store. It's just an air hose...and that one...the small one, does go to the FP regulator, which on yours is on the fuel filter...which in above a panel that's below your driver's seat...on bottom of car.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 09-29-2012 at 08:40 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
generic

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
Thank you so much will be taking a look at it tomorrow and see best option, will that line being broken give me any lean codes or affect my mpg?

Sent from my DROID3 using Bimmer App
generic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
D.t

My Ride: 2002 325i
Goes to a plastic like line behind motor to a silver vacuum canister on pas side front

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
D.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcjetjr View Post
Goes to fuel pressure regulator on the fuel filter.
x2 Just remove the rubber vaccum line and install 2" of 6mm line to the fitting and plastic tubing...

Last edited by TrippinBimmer; 10-01-2012 at 12:37 AM.
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote