E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #2201
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
And the turn by turn directions are awesome. Assuming its sending you t the right destination
Old 10-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #2202
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWh0r3 View Post
Im still not sold on the 5. The new features just doesn't blow my dress up. My 4 does everything i need. I guess I'll be like some 3/3gs owners did and wait for major improvements over the 4/5.
I've used my 5 for a week,,,, when I used my friend's 4 I got complete frustrated with how slow it was and YES, the screen on the 4 looks like a BABY screen now that I'm used to the 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
I will probably skip out on IP5
If you have an upgrade available, there is no point in not getting one... You could just buy it for $200, then sell it for $900 on CL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Just got lte for the first time down at school. This shits fast
Damn right it is! I was loading ESPN FFB app in less than 1 second. On my wifi, not as fast.

Quote:
And the turn by turn directions are awesome. Assuming its sending you t the right destination
It does work PERFECT.

The people complaining about maps are LOOKING for things to try and point out, just so they can say "HEY LOOK THAT'S EFFED UP", when really, they will NEVER EVER actually travel to that destination!

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-01-2012 at 03:35 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #2203
delta

My Ride: A4 2.0TQ 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Anyone get a 30pin to lightning adaptor yet? Driving to work in the morning and having to listen to radio is excruciating...
I checked over the weekend and the Apple store near me still didn't have the adapter. For now though, I'm using a bluetooth 30pin adapter that works pretty well. It attaches to the 30 pin connector in my car and I use bluetooth from my iP5 (or any phone in fact) to play music.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #2204
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Just got lte for the first time down at school. This shits fast
Yea it is.

Wifi at my school is pitiful. I constantly have to turn it off and run off LTE for a simple google search

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #2205
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Great when sending a text while driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Yeah? I'll try and give it a go at some point. Haven't played around with it at all. Is the recognition actually on? If I say "hey i'll be at the restaurant 5 minutes late", what are the odds the recipient gets a text saying "hey i'll pee on the fence lawn 5 million times"
It really is awesome for voice-to-text. I was going 75 on the interstate with all windows down and sunroof back, and it still got my full sentence correct. If you speak kinda monotone like Siri does, it does help a bit.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #2206
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I checked over the weekend and the Apple store near me still didn't have the adapter. For now though, I'm using a bluetooth 30pin adapter that works pretty well. It attaches to the 30 pin connector in my car and I use bluetooth from my iP5 (or any phone in fact) to play music.
What model do you have? Does it allow for track control through the head unit?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #2207
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
I am curious about what brand as well, and does your phone automatically connect to it?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #2208
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
any1 here tried funding a project in kickstarter?

kick starter.com/projects/1787686855/foundation-dock-the-new-home-for-your-iphone?ref=live

Last edited by bry330i; 10-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #2209
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Here's a stupid question: why does it seem so difficult to get different "alert tones" for texts? EVERYONE uses this damn default "tri-tone." Every other one pretty much sucks. I searched iTunes and even found one that sounded good, but it DLd as a song and can't be applied as an alert tone, fvckers. [Before you tell me to JB my phone...I can't, it's a company phone]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 10-01-2012 at 05:55 PM.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #2210
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Here's a stupid question: why does it seem so difficult to get different "alert tones" for texts? EVERYONE uses this damn default "tri-tone." Every other one pretty much sucks. I searched iTunes and even found one that sounded good, but it DLd as a song and can't be applied as an alert tone, fvckers. [Before you tell me to JB my phone...I can't, it's a company phone]
just go to audiko.net

Last edited by bry330i; 10-01-2012 at 06:18 PM.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #2211
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
I think CNET has an article on how to d/l or make your own music files to use as alerts.

I use an Army of Darkness quote for when my wife texts me, a Star Wars sound file for other texts. I made my own ring tone for regular calls, but when my dad calls, Darth Vader says "I am your father". I could have made more, but I was just messing around when I saw those directions and have been too busy to really create custom tones. Wasn't very hard to do. Hardest part was to decide what song/sound to use.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2212
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Link? Sounds pretty sweet

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #2213
delta

My Ride: A4 2.0TQ 6MT
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I am curious about what brand as well, and does your phone automatically connect to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Link? Sounds pretty sweet
You can't change tracks using the headunit. It's basically like a wireless AUX port. Sound quality is pretty good, but you can hear a hiss once in a while. Also, my phone doesn't connect automatically, but once I start the car, the receiver is in pairing mode automatically and I just click it on my phone (no need to pair and enter passcode again). This is just temporary for me though because of the hissing, no control using the headunit/steering wheel, and fact that I would still need to plug in my phone through the car charger to charge.

I bought mine from ebay. It uses bluetooth 2.0 so it's not as efficient with battery.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

There is a kickstarter version that uses BT 4.0. I can't seem to link to kickstarter though, so just google Auris kickstarter.

Last edited by delta; 10-01-2012 at 07:05 PM.
delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #2214
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
thanks - i found one for $10 shipped.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #2215
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Why are they marketing things like panoramic pictures in their commercials? Its not really specific to the phone or really that big a deal. Haven't used one since 2007 but don't you think there are better, more unique things they should showcase in advertisements?

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #2216
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Glow in the dark skin from Slickwraps came in today. Looks pretty cool. Wrap itself is blue, has a light glow in the dark. Nothing super bright, it's not like it would be attracting crazy attention sitting on a dim table in a restaurant or out on the street. Seriously have to be in pitch black darkness for it to be that noticeable.

Only huge issue is that this wrap is significantly thicker than their other wraps. Put the brushed gold skin on my sisters phone and it came out nearly flawless. Thinking about getting the copper one for mine or waiting for the black brushed skin to come out. I know it's only a matter of time until I get sick of a blue phone. Wish the fitment was better. Here's a pic of the gold one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349147988.046847.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	472063   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349148004.412153.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	472064  

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #2217
Erikx559

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Glow in the dark skin from Slickwraps came in today. Looks pretty cool. Wrap itself is blue, has a light glow in the dark. Nothing super bright, it's not like it would be attracting crazy attention sitting on a dim table in a restaurant or out on the street. Seriously have to be in pitch black darkness for it to be that noticeable.

Only huge issue is that this wrap is significantly thicker than their other wraps. Put the brushed gold skin on my sisters phone and it came out nearly flawless. Thinking about getting the copper one for mine or waiting for the black brushed skin to come out. I know it's only a matter of time until I get sick of a blue phone. Wish the fitment was better. Here's a pic of the gold one
That's sick, where did you get the brushed wrap?
Erikx559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #2218
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post

It does work PERFECT.

The people complaining about maps are LOOKING for things to try and point out, just so they can say "HEY LOOK THAT'S EFFED UP", when really, they will NEVER EVER actually travel to that destination!
i've had a couple issues with it.
it doesn't recognize x50 addresses as being south and west. so essentially any address i enter is north or east of my city center.
this is obviously a problem.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #2219
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Battery today:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349150304.850992.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	472067  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #2220
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
I don't get it... seriously WTF!! I have 2 hours of usage and 50% battery left.
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote