E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#16,163 ·
I just found out that the Rolex series is coming to Kansas Speedway next August. I know that I'm going for sure.

#16,165 ·
I love how KC trends posted a picture of a Ferrari 458 with gangster wheels then when people started hating Chad the owner gets on there and starts calling people annoying and telling them to get the **** out and whatever else. I thought I liked Chad and respected him as a business owner but damn how do you own a business and talk to customers like that whether they really customers buying anything or not. Not a fan at all to how he reacted to the situation.

#16,168 ·
Yeah, welcome to the aftermarket car industry. Shop owners can be really weird sometimes. There was a porsche shop in town that went out of business after their owner decided he didn't care too much about doing just normal work. He wanted to do interesting stuff, like build up his personal 996 turbo.

#16,169 ·
Lol i love Stephen, imagine auto, i know him really well. That 996 was bad ass with a ton of one off parts. From speaking with him about it numerous times apperently his parnter screwed him over.

#16,171 ·
Thats for sure. He wanted to do the custom one off stuff and he was damn good at it. Problem was that the market just isnt that strong around here for that type of thing.

#16,177 ·
you guys using that tool today?

i borrowed a tool from somebody else that doesn't seem like it's going to work. of course now i have everything all torn apart and need to get it back together today to go to work tomorrow.

#16,178 · (Edited)
if someone could loan me one of the MIS RTIB tools for a day it would be much appreciated. i'll buy you some beer, pay a nominal sum, whatever. the tool i borrowed isn't quite the same design and doesn't work unless i chisel away the outer metal ring....which is a PITA. i'll pobably just finish this one and leave the other side until i get the right tool.

EDIT; nevermind....just decided to go at it with pry bars, chisels, and hammers. all done.

#16,179 · (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k62gW3Se5e0&feature=plcp

If you pause the video at 0:51, you can see two things.

1. The tire marks on the ground are not only from the rear tires. You can see where one mark lines up with the other one. That truck WAS in 4x4 more until...

2. If you look very closely, the front to tires are towed in. Looks like that truck go broken by a just a little VW. Grip wasn't the limiting factor here, drivelines were. And the Chevy's failed.

If you listen at 0:38 you can hear something in the front of the truck break pretty clearly, then the truck starts to be pulled backwards by the VW.

From 0:04-0:06 the driver of the chevy actually says "I'm gonna put it in.... lockin it in...." which if he finished the sentence would probably mean locking it in 4x4 mode.

#16,180 ·
Seen that video and all the dipshits posting about it.

Tug-o-wars are never decided by anything but traction. Look up duramax truck pulls and you will see they all break the front end due to the IFS and improper lifts. Also, the toureg stands on the brakes till the duraturd broke traction then drove off with it, not rocket science there.

My truck might have more weight and power, but I bet an auto car with sticky race tires could drive off with me (given 2wd vs 2wd).

#16,185 ·
FCAB/RTAB/RSM replaced, alignment done. cash in hand ready to purchase 18'' staggered wheels/tires if anybody has anything they're looking to move.

also...oem 18's in average condition with almost dead tires for sale.... $300.

#16,186 ·
So I finally got my Evolve Tune installed... Everything is great, you can tell a huge difference! The butt dyno definitely feels a big difference! Wish I would have gotten a baseline dyno when I first got the car...100% stock :(

Now the bad part... after I installed it I was driving around ~10 miles, got on the highway and as soon as I got on. An X5M pulls along side of me and blows my doors off :(

#16,194 ·
Its a basic 460, those are good numbers. Stock they are like 250...and that afr is fine too.

Was at a shop all day with a buddy's 67 mustang with a 468ci, baselined 411hp, and got it tuned to 542hp with some things left to fix. Then theyc an throw on the 350hp fogger setup and hope for about 900hp to the wheels.

Also got my truck tuned today, 10psi 4x4 launch spun a bit and took of....20psi launch spun alot and started hopping so i backed off, im excited to get more done to it!

#16,199 ·
Negative ghost rider, thats a basic 460. Last video i heard of it, it had a smooth idle, scj heads are production heads, and how does it have a carb AND "engine management hardware"? Talking about an MSD ignition box?

Anywho, cool car and decent motor, just dont expect much out of a tractor engine without 6k in heads alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.