E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Home Improvement

Home Improvement
Home Improvement ideas, help, DIYs, and show room. Got a home improvement project you need help with or want to share. Post your project now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #21
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,947
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quarter-round would probably be a nice finishing touch.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Went pretty well. Still have more to do though. I got the flooring from lowes. I paid 38.00 a box. I can't remember the actual sqft cost but I want to say somewhere around 2.50-2.80

Get it with the pad. So much easier. Just lays right down. It's not too thick. I can take more pics later. Here's the one part of the dining room. I didn't take the baseboards out either
Oh Boy....


Doesn't look like you staggered the boards correctly

Shouldn't be any clear lines brother. That breaks it up and hides the "seams" but most importantly gives the floor strength
Looks like railroad ties

Typically 3-4 board length differences
Did you gap the edges of the room on all sides? Typically leave about 1/4" for expansion or the floor can buckle with warmer temps and higher humidity






__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 10-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Oh Boy....


Doesn't look like you staggered the boards correctly

Shouldn't be any clear lines brother. That breaks it up and hides the "seams" but most importantly gives the floor strength
Looks like railroad ties

Typically 3-4 board length differences
Did you gap the edges of the room on all sides? Typically leave about 1/4" for expansion or the floor can buckle with warmer temps and higher humidity






every other row is the same. Uncle did it whose been doing it for a while. I'm happy with it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Went pretty well. Still have more to do though. I got the flooring from lowes. I paid 38.00 a box. I can't remember the actual sqft cost but I want to say somewhere around 2.50-2.80

Get it with the pad. So much easier. Just lays right down. It's not too thick. I can take more pics later. Here's the one part of the dining room. I didn't take the baseboards out either
Attractive floor, nice wood grain.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
every other row is the same. Uncle did it whose been doing it for a while. I'm happy with it.
cat pee and improperly staggered floor. better tear down the house and start over.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Here's the end result. So happy with is

Last edited by DylloS; 12-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
Freddog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: ireland
Posts: 41
My Ride: 08bmw3series 2ltr
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I may not be even asking the right question but I removed the carpeting from my home and embarrassingly enough there is a cat piss stain that doesn't smell that pleasant and I was told I can coat with some sort of polyurethane or something. I have no idea what I need but I'm assuming lowes should have it. Does anyone know what I need?
Depending on how big your floor is you could use an industrial coating ,just make sure it is dry before useing any coating ,or the moisture will rise up underneat ,I had a builder do that once had to redo wet spots , DY CHEM HAD A VERY GOOD ONE CALLED CLEAR CREAT. What ever you use 3 light coats is better than A tick one, leave A DAY to dry after every coat . Fred
Freddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
:thumbup

looks good !
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #29
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,774
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddog View Post
Depending on how big your floor is you could use an industrial coating ,just make sure it is dry before useing any coating ,or the moisture will rise up underneat ,I had a builder do that once had to redo wet spots , DY CHEM HAD A VERY GOOD ONE CALLED CLEAR CREAT. What ever you use 3 light coats is better than A tick one, leave A DAY to dry after every coat . Fred
I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to tear up his floor and use that stuff! ha

I never knew cat piss was that strong...you live and learn!
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #30
Freddog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: ireland
Posts: 41
My Ride: 08bmw3series 2ltr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to tear up his floor and use that stuff! ha

I never knew cat piss was that strong...you live and learn!
I was not on page 1 / 2 when I posted ,I tought he was looking for a water proof coating for under carpet . I now seen the new floors LOVELEY. ---------------------- ,( cat`s pee will get under them AS WELL > AND STAIN THE CONCREAT < -----That is what I tought he was worried about ......... I can seehow you got A good laugh from my post. I find it funny my self .----------------------------------fred -------
Freddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
kanyeWest
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: my house, dummas.
Posts: 9
My Ride: my car, smh.
Nice house Solly. When can I move in?

Sent from your girl's nostrils.
kanyeWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use