E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #2241
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschach View Post
You're just holding it wrong.
I don't really have that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349196155.955262.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	472129  
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #2242
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
Damn, my order placed last Sept. 14 at 7pm, until now its still in processed...
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #2243
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Where is your brightness set at? Mine was at about 40% and blinding. I had to manually turn it down.
I have mine at abou 1/4. The screen can get REALLY bright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
9. Apple Fanboy who's never had another type of phone: Isn't that a cool lens flare effect!?!
ummm.... What the hell are you talking about?

The glare effect was because of the cases people were using---not the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Played around a bit with my co-workers phone last night. Thing is weightless compared to a 4s and the 3d maps are freaking awesome.
Yes, it really is.

So I got the Griffin Reveal case and it is the best case I've ever had on any of my iPhones. It also makes it so the 5 fits O-SO-NICELY in your gauge cluster! I was using turn-by-turn nav on it and it worked perfect, didn't fall down once.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-02-2012 at 01:33 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #2244
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Absolutely love my 4s. Didn't like too many things abt the 5

Sold my 4 for $200, paid $99 for 4s. #winning!

Last edited by yousharenow; 10-02-2012 at 01:33 PM.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #2245
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Absolutely love my 4s. Didn't like too many things abt the 5

Sold my 4 for $200, paid $99 for 4s. #winning!
Did you not have an upgrade available????? Please tell me you DID NOT waste your upgrade on a 4s!??

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-02-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #2246
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmr3 View Post
Damn, my order placed last Sept. 14 at 7pm, until now its still in processed...
same thing with me, I ordered from ATT, mine finally came yesterday.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #2247
auto180sx

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
Placed my order last night! The eta is the end of October beginning of November... I'm still excited for it to come in, I'm ready to jump ship to apple and I figured this would be a good time!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App

OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #2248
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
Did you not have an upgrade available????? Please tell me you DID NOT waste your upgrade on a 4s!??
I sure did. I have played with the 5 for the past 2 weeks.

There are too many things I don't like about it, 4s was a way better fit for me. I'll wait 2 years till the 6 is out and see if they went full retard again.

The new connector, the screen size didn't justify the price, and HSPA+ is all I really need.

Not to mention it's half the price and works with all my current accessories.

I love the overarching theme in this thread matches that of the GS3 commercials.

Just write the Pro's/Cons down.

4s Pros: Works with exsistsing infrastrcutre, faster than the 4's processor and cell radio, better camera.
Cons: None

5 Pros: Faster processor than the 4s, LTE radio
Cons: Lightning Connector I can't use already with my home A/V kit, or my DiCE kit in the ZHP, no Google Maps, Bigger Screen(which for me, personally was a draw back for the size of my hand)

To me the perfect iPhone would be a 4s with an LTE radio & A6 processor, they KEEP google maps, and it has all the HD abilities of the 5 with the 30 pin connector. I simply had to compromise too much to get the 5

Last edited by yousharenow; 10-02-2012 at 01:57 PM.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #2249
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto180sx View Post
Placed my order last night! The eta is the end of October beginning of November... I'm still excited for it to come in, I'm ready to jump ship to apple and I figured this would be a good time!

Ordered mine the 16th and it says it'll be here tomorrow.
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #2250
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:

There are too many things I don't like about it, 4s was a way better fit for me. I'll wait 2 years till the 6 is out and see if they went full retard again.

The new connector, the screen size didn't justify the price, and HSPA+ is all I really need.

I love the overarching theme in this thread matches that of the GS3 commercials.

4s Pros: Works with exsistsing infrastrcutre, faster than the 4's processor and cell radio, better camera.

Cons: Lightning Connector I can't use already with my home A/V kit, or my DiCE kit in the ZHP, no Google Maps, Bigger Screen(which for me, personally was a draw back for the size of my hand)

To me the perfect iPhone would be a 4s with an LTE radio & A6 processor, they KEEP google maps, and it has all the HD abilities of the 5 with the 30 pin connector. I simply had to compromise too much to get the 5
not that im a fanboy by any means, but you do realize the maps WILL get updated, and the connector will have adapter right? and in a couple months youll probably be able to buy the $5 from monoprice.

hand size? really dude? i have small hands. i think you just wanted to save $100. no need to justify it. but iphone 5 is an UPGRADE from the 4s in almost every aspect.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #2251
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
not that im a fanboy by any means, but you do realize the maps WILL get updated, and the connector will have adapter right? and in a couple months youll probably be able to buy the $5 from monoprice.

hand size? really dude? i have small hands. i think you just wanted to save $100. no need to justify it. but iphone 5 is an UPGRADE from the 4s in almost every aspect.
To be honest the biggest upgrade, besides the LTE speed, is the size, I dont even notice the 5 when it is my pocket, the 4 with a case was like a brick compared to this thing.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #2252
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #2253
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
I have mine at abou 1/4. The screen can get REALLY bright!

ummm.... What the hell are you talking about?

The glare effect was because of the cases people were using---not the camera.

Yes, it really is.

So I got the Griffin Reveal case and it is the best case I've ever had on any of my iPhones. It also makes it so the 5 fits O-SO-NICELY in your gauge cluster! I was using turn-by-turn nav on it and it worked perfect, didn't fall down once.
can you post a pic of your setup or find one online of how you have your phone mounted in the car to use as a gps?
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #2254
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Sometimes the latest isn't the greatest?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #2255
auto180sx

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANREC330 View Post
Ordered mine the 16th and it says it'll be here tomorrow.
I'm hoping since I'm on Sprint and ordered a 32 gig it'll cone sooner rather then later.

OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #2256
boostedisbetter

Quote:

Good idea man, you will LOVE it!

Quote:

Okay, well I'm not talking about all that.... I'm talking about you "winning" over making $100 switching to the 4s....

IF you were smart, you would have paid the $200 for the upgrade to the 16gb 5, SOLD it for $900 on ebay or CL, then buy a used 4S for $350...

$900-($350+$200)=$350 you could have made, that would be "winning"... Instead, you get the

Also, now when I look back at a 4, the screen looks TINY! It may only be .5" bigger, but it sure makes a HUGE difference! (I know-that's what she said)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
can you post a pic of your setup or find one online of how you have your phone mounted in the car to use as a gps?
I will have to take a picture with a different phone to show you. It's basically wedge PORTRAIT style in the gauge cluster. I can still see MPH too. I'll post a pic when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
To be honest the biggest upgrade, besides the LTE speed, is the size, I dont even notice the 5 when it is my pocket, the 4 with a case was like a brick compared to this thing.
Agree. After having the 4 for 2 years, I sometimes think my 5 is NOT in my pocket because of the size/weight difference.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #2257
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
Quote:
I'm hoping since I'm on Sprint and ordered a 32 gig it'll cone sooner rather then later.

I also ordered on the 16th from Sprint.com. Came yesterday. Just got the porting process finished.

Very happy with it. It's not a huge upgrade from the 4S, but I had a 4. Not a huge upgrade either, but I do notice how much faster it is, how much better the camera is, how incredibly thin and light it is. Don't think it's worth blowing an upgrade on the 4S, but to each his own.

The connector is a pain, but the Chinese aftermarket cables for $1 will come soon enough.

Maps was not an issue for me. Everything looks accurate in this area. No one uses public transit here voluntarily.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #2258
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...g-says-in-suit

Samsung Electronics Co. said Apple Inc. (AAPL)'s iPhone 5 infringes its patents, escalating a global fight over mobile devices after winning a court order lifting a ban on U.S. sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer.

The world's largest mobile-phone seller, based in Suwon, South Korea, added claims about the iPhone 5, which was released last month, to an existing patent-infringement lawsuit between the two companies in federal court in San Jose, California. Apple won a $1.05 billion jury verdict against Samsung on Aug. 24 in a separate patent case in the same court.

"As soon as the iPhone 5 was available for purchase, Samsung began its investigation of the product," the company said in its court filing yesterday. The iPhone 5 infringes two standards patents and six features patents, Samsung said.

The world's two biggest makers of high-end phones have accused each other of copying designs and technology for mobile devices and are fighting patent battles on four continents to retain their dominance in the $219 billion global smartphone market.

U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh, who is presiding over the litigation in California, yesterday rescinded a ban on U.S. sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 that she imposed in June. Koh said there were no grounds for keeping the preliminary injunction in place after jurors concluded in their Aug. 24 verdict that Samsung didn't infringe the Apple design patent that was the basis for the injunction.

Apple, based in Cupertino, California, contended the ban should remain in place because the jury found the Galaxy Tab infringed other patents at issue in the case.

2014 Trial
The case in which Samsung added the iPhone 5 claims is scheduled for trial in 2014. Samsung's original complaint identifies the same eight patents as the basis for alleging infringement by earlier iPhone models, as well as the iPad and iPod Touch.

Apple already has won a preliminary order from Koh blocking U.S. sales of Samsung's Nexus smartphone. In August, Apple added the Galaxy S III smartphone to its list of products that it says infringe its patents. Apple said in a Sept. 19 filing that it expects to add infringement claims about "recently released Samsung products, including the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and the Galaxy Note 10.1 device."

In the previous patent lawsuit between the two companies that went to trial in July, the jury found that Samsung infringed six of seven Apple patents at stake.

Koh has scheduled December hearings in that case to consider Apple's request for a permanent U.S. sales ban on eight Samsung smartphone models and the Tab 10.1. She will also consider Samsung's bid to get the August verdict thrown out based on claims of juror misconduct.

Kristin Huguet, a spokeswoman for Apple, declined to comment on the court's order rescinding the Galaxy Tab 10.1 sales ban and Samsung's filing adding the iPhone 5 infringement claims.

Samsung shares rose 1.7 percent to 1,369,000 won at 12:54 p.m. in Seoul.

The case is Apple v. Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) Ltd., 12- cv-630, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California (San Jose). The previous case is Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., 11-cv-01846, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California (San Jose).

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #2259
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
good luck with that samsung.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #2260
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Anyone else get this problem. Web opening a pic in a text it just loads on this screen. It started happening yesterday. It usually just opens right up. Sits on the screen forever. It never uploads

Last edited by DylloS; 12-30-2013 at 09:46 AM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote