E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #41
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Might want to try the stage three clutch before going twin disk. It will hold up.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #42
PatmanSC

My Ride: 06 AW/IR M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC_Race View Post
Looks great man! Hope to see some dyno numbers on your new turbo and other things.
Thanks man! I'm excited too haha

06 Alpine White/Imola Red M3 coupe, {Stage 2.5 P6766 open wastegate}
| M2-Motoring | HRE Wheels | Horsepower Freaks | Tecnocraft | Oink Fabrications | Toyo Tires | Mother's |
00 Phoenix Yellow/Red Recaro Integra Type R #00-0035 {JDM Conversion, Built B18C5, Ferea internals, Toda build soon}
Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #43
PatmanSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
Might want to try the stage three clutch before going twin disk. It will hold up.
Ya I was originally going stage 3 feramic but ended up having a toasted flywheel..... So now going clutch masters fx850 bronze twin disc....

Clutch is already on the car.....I'm preparing myself for harsh engagement, chattering, and feathering throttle haha

| M2-Motoring | HRE Wheels | Horsepower Freaks | Tecnocraft | Oink Fabrications | Toyo Tires | Mother's |
00 Phoenix Yellow/Red Recaro Integra Type R #00-0035 {JDM Conversion, Built B18C5, Ferea internals, Toda build soon}
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #44
HPF Erik
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
More than meets the eye here. The clutch had done so much damage to the flywheel that it was unusable. Originally we were going to use an HPF stage 3 but between the cost of a new OEM flywheel and a HPF stage 3 clutch it was more cost effective to go this route. The CM twin is something that we have used on a couple cars now and have made a few tweaks too it. instead of the FX700 we are using an FX850 "bronze bronze" setup. It has very manageable engagement and is incredibly durable. Pat you should be happy with this setup.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatmanSC View Post
Ya I was originally going stage 3 feramic but ended up having a toasted flywheel..... So now going clutch masters fx850 bronze twin disc....

Clutch is already on the car.....I'm preparing myself for harsh engagement, chattering, and feathering throttle haha
I think the fx850 is a pretty formidable clutch. Is it really supposed to be all that harsh? For some reason I thought I remembered HPF saying they could pair the riveted feramic disks with this clutch. Is that correct. or are you getting some other type of disk material?

In any event, I dont think it will be slipping. Please let us know about drivability.

EDIT: I see Erik posted while I was writing this post. See, he says engagement is pretty good. Yes, I think this was a great choice, Pat. Do let us all know.

Last edited by Bdave; 09-11-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #46
PatmanSC

I'll let you guys know when I get my car back I'm really excited.

Thanks Erik for the updates

Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #47
Rockyminator

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 M3
I saw your car on the dyno yesterday and I have to say.. it looks incredible! Pictures don't do this car justice. I love the wheels.. they look oh soo sick! Wish I could pull off 12s in the rear.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #48
PatmanSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyminator View Post
I saw your car on the dyno yesterday and I have to say.. it looks incredible! Pictures don't do this car justice. I love the wheels.. they look oh soo sick! Wish I could pull off 12s in the rear.
Thanks man! Ya car looks better in person haha. Ya fitted 12s on a quarter inch pulled stock fender. I think yours looks waaaay better and a look i wish I can go back to haha

Ill be going widebody and widening to 14' rears

Kirk gave me a brief update on my car.....my meth pump is puking lol

But they were able to get some pump gas numbers and he said above 600rwhp on pump.....but we will see when Erik or Kirk post an official update with dyno charts

Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #49
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Thanks man! Ya car looks better in person haha. Ya fitted 12s on a quarter inch pulled stock fender. I think yours looks waaaay better and a look i wish I can go back to haha

Ill be going widebody and widening to 14' rears

Kirk gave me a brief update on my car.....my meth pump is puking lol

But they were able to get some pump gas numbers and he said above 600rwhp on pump.....but we will see when Erik or Kirk post an official update with dyno charts
....... a clean widebody like Chris's M3 "Brutus" will look even even better

Can't wait to see the final results!!!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #50
PatmanSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leletyM3 View Post
....... a clean widebody like Chris's M3 "Brutus" will look even even better

Can't wait to see the final results!!!
Thanks Huy. Ya Chris's car is nice. Mine will have a complete suspension and exterior overhaul.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #51
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Twelve inches on pulled fenders??? Wow, I did not know this was remotely possible. That's incredible. I told someone that 315's on 11 inch wheels was the limit for pulled fenders. You can run bigger tires than 315's? You only need 11 inch wheels for 315mm. 11 inch is ideal size for that particular tire....in 17 inch I am talking about. maybe it's different for 19 inch.

Do you have a thread on HOW a body shop was able to get your fenders flared THAT much??? You are the only car that I know about that has done 12 inch wheels with out serious SURGERY on the fenders.

Too bad about the meth pump. Us E85 users LOVE the meth pump delete. I know that so many cant use E85 for a variety of reasons. That's cool. Meth is awesome when it works.

Last edited by Bdave; 10-03-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #52
Rockyminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Too bad about the meth pump. Us E85 users LOVE the meth pump delete. I know that so many cant use E85 for a variety of reasons. That's cool. Meth is awesome when it works.
Funny you bring this up, my methanol system is also acting weird. I'm able to get up to 23psi but my car doesn't feel like it's using methanol and is struggling to stay at 23 pounds.. pump gas at 18psi feels faster than it is at 23psi. It also makes a weird shuttering noise when the methanol is active.. I changed my pump a year ago so I wonder what the deal is. It almost feels like a failsafe is coming on. Anyone with a clue?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #53
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Twelve inches on pulled fenders??? Wow, I did not know this was remotely possible. That's incredible. I told someone that 315's on 11 inch wheels was the limit for pulled fenders. You can run bigger tires than 315's? You only need 11 inch wheels for 315mm. 11 inch is ideal size for that particular tire....in 17 inch I am talking about. maybe it's different for 19 inch.

Do you have a thread on HOW a body shop was able to get your fenders flared THAT much??? You are the only car that I know about that has done 12 inch wheels with out serious SURGERY on the fenders.

11.5 dave 11.5 for 315/35/17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyminator View Post
Funny you bring this up, my methanol system is also acting weird. I'm able to get up to 23psi but my car doesn't feel like it's using methanol and is struggling to stay at 23 pounds.. pump gas at 18psi feels faster than it is at 23psi. It also makes a weird shuttering noise when the methanol is active.. I changed my pump a year ago so I wonder what the deal is. It almost feels like a failsafe is coming on. Anyone with a clue?
AFRs on high boost stay 10ish rich and peg consistant throughout a pull?
meth tank full?
nozzle fitting tight?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #54
Rockyminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
AFRs on high boost stay 10ish rich and peg consistant throughout a pull?
meth tank full?
nozzle fitting tight?
Yes, AFR is around 10 throughout the pull, meth tank is full, and the nozzle is tight. Chris K. did a purge, cut and refitted the hose with a new clamp on Monday. The pull is nowhere near as hard as a pump gas pull... 4 out of 5 times I get a shutter, 1 out of the 5 I get a hard pull... oh well I guess I'll bring it back to HPF again next week. Sorry I jacked your thread for a bit Pat .

Last edited by Rockyminator; 10-03-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #55
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Thanks Huy. Ya Chris's car is nice. Mine will have a complete suspension and exterior overhaul.
Nice!!!! I am sure you ll be extremely happy with the build motor, I got a ride in the 2.5, 2.75, and 3 and it is just WOW!!! Now, you can take your time and play more with the exterior of the car!!!!!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #56
mkodama

That's probably one of the ugliest E46 I've seen. It's like an orgy of whatever random race car inspired part was on sale that day, the free stickers that came in the box, and a pre-crashed front bumper. Seriously, is there no goals with this car other than attracting 17 year old high school boys?

Appearances and motivations aside, it looks like that clutch took quite a bit of abuse.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #57
PatmanSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
That's probably one of the ugliest E46 I've seen. It's like an orgy of whatever random race car inspired part was on sale that day, the free stickers that came in the box, and a pre-crashed front bumper. Seriously, is there no goals with this car other than attracting 17 year old high school boys?

Appearances and motivations aside, it looks like that clutch took quite a bit of abuse.
Ugly to you that's fine. I take all kinds of criticism in stride

Stickers in the box? no, I happened to run those decals on the side window as a yearly obligation for them giving me products.

Pre crashed front bumper? No, big rig tire blowout and i happened to run into the tire at 80mph and instead of swerving and endangering myself and others, the car took the impact.

My goals are obviously alot different than yours. And to judge how or why i got what i have is kind of wrong don't you think? I think ive said before....i don't need to defend or justify what i do to my car as it only fuels more negativity.

And ya, as you said, the clutch took a beating, so i drive the crap out of my car looking as ugly as you say it does.....

I don't care who the car impresses or doesn't impress. In the very end, I'm satisfied.

Last edited by PatmanSC; 10-03-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 AM   #58
PatmanSC

I wish I can use E85 but there's no station near me.....so refueling with it would be an issue

Last edited by PatmanSC; 10-03-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #59
MSportBMW

My Ride: E46, EVO8 MR
Pat have you got any photos of the underneath of the car?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #60
PatmanSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportBMW View Post
Pat have you got any photos of the underneath of the car?
I haven't taken any.... When my car comes back to me, i'll snap some and PM them to you

Closed Thread