E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
nX07

My Ride: 01' 325i black/tan
Unhappy BMW Business CD Issues - 2001 E46

I'm having an issue with my BMW Business CD head unit.

This morning I was playing a CD and I wanted to switch it's track, however it would not switch. I tried both the steering wheel controls as well as the head-unit controls. I figured it was some obscure glitch so I turned off and on; went back to the CD mode and nothing happened.

It says 'TR' and RND as if it was in random playback mode (I've never set it to that), and nothing will work CD-related. I can't change the track (no number appears, only TR), nor can I eject the CD.

The radio works fine, as does the steering-wheel and head unit controls to change the stations; just nothing works with anything pertaining to CD functionality. I can't even eject the CD whilist the vehicle is off (if you hold the eject button down while the car is off it will eject the disc).

Does anyone have any insight as to why my CD player is behaving the way it is?

Thanks!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
dirtbiker245

My Ride: 00 323ci, 02 325i
I know that mine wont let me change tracks, and it wont read cd's past track 7.... figure that one out. hahah.
dirtbiker245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Chris@ModBargains
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Try pulling the fuse in the glovebox and see if that can reset the unit.
Chris@ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Are you sure it is not a scratched CD? Have you tried swapping out another one to check?
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
Many330i

My Ride: 330i ZHP Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nX07 View Post
I'm having an issue with my BMW Business CD head unit.

This morning I was playing a CD and I wanted to switch it's track, however it would not switch. I tried both the steering wheel controls as well as the head-unit controls. I figured it was some obscure glitch so I turned off and on; went back to the CD mode and nothing happened.

It says 'TR' and RND as if it was in random playback mode (I've never set it to that), and nothing will work CD-related. I can't change the track (no number appears, only TR), nor can I eject the CD.

The radio works fine, as does the steering-wheel and head unit controls to change the stations; just nothing works with anything pertaining to CD functionality. I can't even eject the CD whilist the vehicle is off (if you hold the eject button down while the car is off it will eject the disc).

Does anyone have any insight as to why my CD player is behaving the way it is?

Thanks!
Did you ever manage to resolve this problem? My Business CD started acting-up in the exact same manner as you described. Did pulling out the fuse work, or something else?
Many330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
aleksankazakov

My Ride: 04 E46 330i sport
Mine does not take any CDs anymore. I cannot listen CDs. I dont know what is the issue . Is it a mechanical part broken or what. It does not make any sounds when you try to insert CD. It just like trying to stick CD in something where it not goes. Radio works but i can not listen this crap they have 5 songs the same 5 songs on all stations and they never change them . it is like having one CD and running it all year long. No wounder people are so stupid

Last edited by aleksankazakov; 10-03-2012 at 11:17 AM.
aleksankazakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
joegr

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksankazakov View Post
Mine does not take any CDs anymore. I cannot listen CDs. I dont know what is the issue . Is it a mechanical part broken or what. It does not make any sounds when you try to insert CD. It just like trying to stick CD in something where it not goes. Radio works but i can not listen this crap they have 5 songs the same 5 songs on all stations and they never change them . it is like having one CD and running it all year long. No wounder people are so stupid
You can add satellite radio and then have ten songs per channel. I use an iPOD adapter and have thousands of songs to listen to.
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
aleksankazakov

My Ride: 04 E46 330i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegr View Post
You can add satellite radio and then have ten songs per channel. I use an iPOD adapter and have thousands of songs to listen to.
i know there is a DIY on AUX in Buisness CD . The part I need to order, but i just want my CD changer to start working again.
aleksankazakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
joegr

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksankazakov View Post
i know there is a DIY on AUX in Buisness CD . The part I need to order, but i just want my CD changer to start working again.
I would guess that one of the optical sensors inside has failed, but it could be many other things. There are probably places you could send it for repair. There's also the option of buying a used one on ebay. You could get one of the newer used ones that also play MP3 CDs.
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote