E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
e46silverride

My Ride: E46 M
FS- Alpine CDA-7897 CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET CD changer controls very rare !

Alpine CDA-7897
CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET CD changer controls

Bought this for my m3 and have sold my car.
this unit is used and does work. I purchased an input adapter so it has an ai net to 3.5mm jack input for an ipod. This is the only unit on the market to motorize out from a single din to a double din face. When the ignition os turned off it goes back to a black face which looks like no faceplate is on. This is a very rare head unit and a great fit for the e46 bmw car because of the single din. here is some more info on the player

Our take on the Alpine CDA-7897
by Charlie Pastorfield
Why replace your factory radio?

Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.

How did Alpine do it? The CDA-7897 CD receiver has FantomFace XL, the world's first oversized faceplate housed in a single-DIN-sized chassis! And that's not the end of the story — this remarkable faceplate also features cutting-edge theft deterrence. When you power down, FantomFace XL retracts and a plain black panel takes its place. It looks as though the faceplate has been detached!

But this receiver's not content to be just another pretty face. The CDA-7897 will also play your MP3 files on CD-R or CD-RW, so you can bring your Internet music along. To help identify your favorite songs, the CDA-7897 can read MP3 text info (ID-3 tags). An audiophile-grade, regulated 1-bit digital-to-analog converter ensures that your music is reproduced with precision and depth.

The CDA-7897 puts a world of sonic adjustment at your fingertips. Alpine's highly-effective Media Xpander™ restores any musical sparkle that MP3 compression removed. And Bass Engine® Pro lets you personalize the sound digitally with a 5-band parametric equalizer, 6-channel time correction, and 6-position crossover with variable slope, plus subwoofer phase and level controls.

Add an Alpine Ai-NET CD changer for long-playing entertainment. This versatile receiver also features XM Satellite Radio controls — connect an optional Alpine XM tuner, and discover the future of radio with over 100 channels of coast-to-coast, digital-quality music, news, sports, and entertainment (XM antenna and subscription also required).

A wireless remote is included.

Details:

FantomFace XL motorized stealth faceplate
MaxTune SQ tuner
plays MP3 files on CD-R and CD-RW, plus audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
MOSFET50 internal amp
XM Satellite Radio controls (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal.) — service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
Bass Engine Pro (5-band parametric EQ, 6-channel time correction, 6-position crossover with variable slope, plus subwoofer phase and level controls)
Media Xpander
CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
optional auxiliary input
4-volt front/rear/subwoofer preamp outputs
clock
wireless remote
20 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels
CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf

This unit retailed for over 700 dollars when it was new. This is a very rare piece and this unit has not been used very much. I dont want to sell it but I have no use for it now that I sold my car. I am missing the trim ring but I think I know where it is and hopefully I can locate it.

I am asking 200 obo which is a steal because they are going for 400-600 on ebay right now if you can find one at all.

Pics of it installed in an e36- another persons I found on the net

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.