E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #81
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
My shop is actually in Anaheim Hills. I think if you were able to make it over to me by 6pm, then I can make it work.

-Don
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #82
djray

My Ride: 01 BMW325CI
pm your number. let me see what i can do. Also give me a quote for matte black window trim, 2001 325CI
djray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #83
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PM sent.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #84
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I had posted pictures of this same car that I also tinted the tail lights on. However, I had also blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim for him as well to give it that shadowline look. Unlike BMW, Mercedes does not have the shadowline option from the factory, so the only way to get rid of it is to vinyl wrap it.

We went with matte black instead of gloss black for this car. Everything turned out really nicely with the matte black finish. I personally think getting rid of the chrome is one of the biggest changes you can do with the car, especially if you are blacking or or getting rid of the chrome on the rest of the car. The black window trim really gives it a sportier look. In addition to the window trim, I also blacked out the chrome on the back trunk handle. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills from Newport Beach / Orange County to have the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-31-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #85
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had this new body black Mercedes Benz CLS63 come by to have me black out the chrome / aluminum trim around the windows and back rear trunk handle chrome piece. We went with matte black finish material so that the trim pieces still accented the car and did not disappear completely into the body of the car. You can notice it when I take the pictures, the trim pieces still pop out a little bit in the pictures. It gives it a nice contrast if that's what you are trying to go for. The owner of this car was also from Orange County.

By blacking out the chrome it really makes the red calipers and other parts of the car pop more.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #86
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I think I work on more AMG cars than non AMG cars when it comes to Mercedes, haha. I blacked out the chrome / aluminum window trim on this black Mercedes Benz C63 AMG with my matte black vinyl material to give it the shadowline look. Owner came out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I took some more detailed pictures of the corners and edges for those who were interested and asking me for them.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #87
e46mook

My Ride: 2004 330cic
How much would it cost for material to do an e46 vert?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #88
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PM sent.

Took a while for the owner of this car and for me to figure/find out a time for him to be able to bring his car by to get the chrome / aluminum window trim wrapped in my gloss black vinyl material to give it that shadowline look. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. He went with the gloss black over the matte black finish to get more of that factory BMW sport package look. I have seen cars come with the window trim in matte black as well, but I don't know what package those come with or are offered with.

Everything is wrapped seamlessly and tucked in where ever possible, to provide the longest lasting results.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #89
Redline4

My Ride: 02' 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to Redline4
Hey can i get a quote on some vinyl gloss black for the top of my e46! I'll be getting it tomorrow!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #90
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Even on a more stock-ish car, blacking out the chrome / aluminum window trim can change the dynamics of the car's looks greatly. It won't necessarily give it a modified/aftermarket look, but it definitely adds to the car's look, while still looking factory. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the wrap done. Everything is done seamlessly and in one piece to retain that factory look and without making it seem like a wrap job. We went with the matte black on this car to still give it some contrast and accent the trim pieces, instead of going with gloss black which would have made it kind of disappear into the car's black paint.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #91
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a return customer. He's had me do a couple of his cars in the past before as well. For this car, I blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim that goes around the windows for this black Mercedes CL600 v12. We went with a matte black finish for this car. It's a fairly big car for a two door, so the window trim actually covers over a large area of the car. In addition to the window trim, I also blacked out the chrome trunk handle piece in the rear. In this photo set I included a lot more up close pictures around the edges, ends and around where the rubber weather stripping areas are.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #92
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Seems like there are a lot of fans of wagons, so here are pictures of a blue E46 325i wagon / touring that I worked on recently. The owner of this car actually lived down the street from me in Irvine / Orange County, so I dropped by their house to do the vinyl wrap. The owner wanted me to black out his chrome / aluminum window trim. I went with the matte black to give it more of an aggressive look and it went well with all of the other matte black weather rubber pieces that lined the window trim and the overall look of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 08-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #93
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Another car I did on my most recent trip up to norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrapping. I liked this car, because it was a unique color and different from the black or white cars that I am usually working on, so it's a nice change of pace. I believe it was a BMW E90 330i or 328i sedan, and I don't know the exact name of the color of this car, but it was almost greenish/silverish/blueish in different lightings. For this car, we went with the matte black vinyl for his window trim over the gloss black to match the rubber around the window trim and his B pillars, which were also matte black already. I think the final results turned out great. Everything is done seamlessly without any awkward seam lines in random places and everything gets tucked in underneath the weather stripping.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #94
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Although white cars may look the best with the gloss black roofs, black cars definitely benefit one of the most when it comes to getting their chrome / brushed aluminum window trims blacked out. I believe the owner of this car is also on this forum. The owner of this car brought their jet black E46 325i (or it was a 330i) coupe to have me wrap his window trim in my matte black vinyl material to give it that shadowline look. We went with the matte black to get that slight contrast. Overall, I think it turned out great and changed the look of the car dramatically. Even on a more stock-ish car, doing this still benefits and changes the overall look of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #95
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The chrome / brushed aluminum on the window trims of this silver BMW E46 325i sedan was starting to fade/oxidize. So instead of buying replacement trim pieces or trying to paint them, the owner of this car had me vinyl wrap them with my matte black vinyl instead. This was a quicker, simpler, and overall better solution. We went with the matte black to match the matte finish on the wheels. I did this car while I was out over at my friend's shop in Huntington Beach / Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #96
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Some of you may notice, I don't necessarily post pictures in any particular order. I just go through what I have and pick from random unless requested otherwise by the owners of the cars or people who want to see something specific.

I worked on this car when I was up in norcal / Bay Area last time. This grey / silver Mercedes Benz came by to have me wrap the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim and rear trunk handle piece with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the window trim, I also tinted / smoked the tail lights lightly with my film specifically made/designed for use on exteriors. The lighting kind of makes it hard to really notice the gloss finish on the window trim, but hopefully you can still make it out and get an idea of how it looks like.

Before:

Driver side (left) stock - Passenger side (right) tinted / smoked

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #97
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a brand new white Audi B8 A4 that I blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black material. The owner of this car went with gloss black over the matte black so it'd blend in with his tinted windows. The chrome is a small detail, but even on a lighter colored car like this white Audi, it still makes an immense difference in the overall look of the car. I believe the owner of this car was from around Orange County or Los Angeles. The gloss black window trim makes the car look sportier and classy at the same time, without ruining the factory look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #98
Ring Taxi

My Ride: @MRM5MAN
Send a message via AIM to Ring Taxi
Great jobs!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #99
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Thanks.

Here is a silver E92 328i coupe that I blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. The car was relatively stock, but getting rid of the chrome still made a big difference on the overall look of the car. We went with the matte black over the gloss black to match the other matte pieces that were already around the window trim. The owner of this car drove out to me from around Long beach to Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #100
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This black Audi A4 B8 came by to have me black out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim that came with his car. The owner of this car was also around in Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. In the before pictures, you can see my X5 in the background with black window trim, so that may also kind of give you an idea of how chrome and non chrome window trim looks like side by side on black cars. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl material over the matte black material and I think it turned out fairly nice. The car had a metallic finish to it, so the gloss black still stood out against it even though it was gloss black as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 11-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.