E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #41
someguy_99

My Ride: E46,335Xi,Lambo,...
Depends on alot of factors. If i have my pockets stacked with change, I dont care if its $2 or $15 **** change ill give it all but if the pizza is like $21 ill give him 25 or even 30 if i dont have a five.

What car is sitting outside if they say my gallardo dudes going to be pissed if i barely tip him, he prolly key the car as he walks to his car but if its the jeep or the bmw they wont give two shits. Even with the bmw they will give some looks but not as much as the gallardo. So dont be an ass tip the ****er decently.

If its 20 ****ing pizzas and dude is making multiple trips to the car tip the guy a nice amount.

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
someguy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #42
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
$2-$5, depending on the total bill.

at cheap asses no tipping at all

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #43
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
You should all become a little more educated when it comes to servers/bartenders/delivery people... more often than not they are getting paid well under minimum wage (most severs get paid $2.15 an hour) and they count on tips to make what they bring home.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #44
someguy_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
You should all become a little more educated when it comes to servers/bartenders/delivery people... more often than not they are getting paid well under minimum wage (most severs get paid $2.15 an hour) and they count on tips to make what they bring home.
Depends on what you are delivering. Pizza delivery and bartenders are completely different. Bar you got drunk ppl starting to lose there inhibition and tip more and more. Hard to compare the two

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #45
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
And it's my problem that they chose a job that pays below minimum wage because....?

Nobody put a gun to their head and said "Hey, go deliver pizza."

The guy giving you food at McDonald's is doing the same job as a waiter, with a shorter walk, yet you don't feel the need to tip him do you?

Or do you just walk around handing out money to everyone that works just for doing their jobs?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #46
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
I'm just saying... its not about the quality or quantity of the tip, its just the fact that some people refuse to tip well (MINIMUM 15% and thats just for OKAY service,) if at all.

Most pizza delivery guys are paid minimum wage, if that... and gas expense has to be covered by them.

Bartenders also have to work crazy hours, deal with bullshiit drama, stock/clean the bar at the end of the night, and not only that they have to be social uplifters for their patrons. That is deserving of a higher tip than most waiters/delivery people.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #47
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
I'm just saying... its not about the quality or quantity of the tip, its just the fact that some people refuse to tip well (MINIMUM 15% and thats just for OKAY service,) if at all.

Most pizza delivery guys are paid minimum wage, if that... and gas expense has to be covered by them.

Bartenders also have to work crazy hours, deal with bullshiit drama, stock/clean the bar at the end of the night, and not only that they have to be social uplifters for their patrons. That is deserving of a higher tip than most waiters/delivery people.
Why should I have to pay 15% on top of my bill for "ok" service? Just because some person chooses to work a job where they get screwed by their boss? Yes, waiters/bartenders/whatever have to deal with bullshit in their lives. Welcome to the real world. They have to work odd hours. Again, nobody put a gun to their head and said "work this job". If they don't like it, work somewhere else. Oh, wait, jobs are hard to come by right now. Sounds like they should be thankful that they have a job in the first place, and be bending over backwards to kiss my ass as a customer that pays their meagre salary in the first place.

But don't cry to me when your boss doesn't pay you enough. When I worked in insurance, I never complained to my customers that my boss didn't pay me enough, and to please supplement my income. And I put up with more bullshit on a day to day basis and worked a longer shift than any waitress I've ever met. "Salaried Exempt" means they can work me 14 hours a day with no repercussions and no overtime. Don't cry to me that your boss is screwing you.

If I get outstanding service, I'll tip. 20% is my general max. If the service blows me away by how awesome it is, then I'll consider more.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #48
someguy_99

^ someone thinks there the sh*t because they got a better job than a delivery boy. Are they not people im just saying if you got a hundred thousand dollar car sitting on your driveway and you dont tip i personally would A. Feel sad that you cheap ****er that you got that car by pinching every penny and cutting other ppl any way possible (ahem* $1 tips were too much) B. Id just be generally pissed.

You're $2 that you give up arnt going to bankrupt you instead that change you gave up arnt going to some homeless person. Its going to a working person who probably will spend it whether it be on his schooling or just something he wanted to buy car, some electronic or **** it a bottle to go chill

Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #49
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_99 View Post
^ someone thinks there the sh*t because they got a better job than a delivery boy. Are they not people im just saying if you got a hundred thousand dollar car sitting on your driveway and you dont tip i personally would A. Feel sad that you cheap ****er that you got that car by pinching every penny and cutting other ppl any way possible (ahem* $1 tips were too much) B. Id just be generally pissed.

You're $2 that you give up arnt going to bankrupt you instead that change you gave up arnt going to some homeless person. Its going to a working person who probably will spend it whether it be on his schooling or just something he wanted to buy car, some electronic or **** it a bottle to go chill
I never said I couldn't afford a tip, I'm just asking why I should feel bad that this guy chose to work this low-paying job, knowing full well what the job was going to be. It's not like he applied under the hope that they were just going to make him a six figure CEO, but instead shafted him with being the delivery boy.

And got it, I've waited tables before. I knew exactly what I was getting in to, and I did work my ass off for every customer that walked through the door. There was no surprise after I started at how little I was getting paid. When I needed a job that paid more, I got another job.

You want to tip? Go ahead. Pay the delivery guy whatever the hell you want to. Tip him 100% of the bill if that'll make you happy, that way you can sleep soundly knowing that he's getting fair compensation for his work.

But again, don't sit here and cry to me about how low the salary is at the job he chose to take. Or about how he spends his own gas money to do it. Again, I'm not going to pay him to change his oil or offset his higher insurance costs, either. He wants more pay? He can go talk to his boss, not his customers.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #50
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
$5 cash
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #51
someguy_99

Im not saying feel bad im just saying dont be a dick if you have $23.56 as a bill dont pull out change and start giving it to him/her. Give him the 25 and let the person leave. Time=Money Dont waste the persons time making him count the change.

Its just societies norm to tip. I dont pull out a calculator and start counting the exact change i just give it depending on the situation but i just hate carrying change it uncomfortable if its in my wallet and moving around in my pocket is just annoying as ****.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #52
NOVAbimmer

So I have to tip a pizza guy because society says tip a pizza guy? If your total at McDonald's is $7.37, why not give the kid a ten and call it even?

And $1.44 is a good tip on a $23 meal? That's a hair over a 5% tip. Also, if calculating and counting out a single, a quarter, a dime, a nickel, and four pennies is really tough on this kid, maybe handling money isn't the right job for him.

So you tip not out of the goodness of your heart, or out of thanks for service, but because you're uncomfortable with change in your pocket?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #53
Japanrot_325i

My Ride: 03 325i
Tipping has nothing to do with anyone whining about there job its about being nice not tipping is a real dick move I mean don't get me wrong if the pizzas hella late or the service sucks I don't tip but generally I do its just a nice gesture I feel if I'm nice along the way I might get it back morale of the story is don't be a dick be nice

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #54
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I never said I couldn't afford a tip, I'm just asking why I should feel bad that this guy chose to work this low-paying job, knowing full well what the job was going to be. It's not like he applied under the hope that they were just going to make him a six figure CEO, but instead shafted him with being the delivery boy.

And got it, I've waited tables before. I knew exactly what I was getting in to, and I did work my ass off for every customer that walked through the door. There was no surprise after I started at how little I was getting paid. When I needed a job that paid more, I got another job.
Yes, because the pizza delivery boy had so many well-paying alternatives: gas station attendant, grocery bagger, etc. Sometimes, jobs choose people and not the other way around. Punish them for working as opposed to being on welfare.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #55
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46325i03 View Post
Tipping has nothing to do with anyone whining about there job its about being nice not tipping is a real dick move I mean don't get me wrong if the pizzas hella late or the service sucks I don't tip but generally I do its just a nice gesture I feel if I'm nice along the way I might get it back morale of the story is don't be a dick be nice

So do you tip everyone just to be nice? Do you slide the bank teller an extra five when she cashes a check for you? What about the guy at 7-11, do you slide him a few bucks so you have good karma? Why am I a dick if I don't pay extra for pizza but I just pay my total for a cheeseburger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Yes, because the pizza delivery boy had so many well-paying alternatives: gas station attendant, grocery bagger, etc. Sometimes, jobs choose people and not the other way around. Punish them for working as opposed to being on welfare.

So now this pizza boy is destined to be a pizza boy, and I should pay him extra because of that? All of those jobs pay minimum wage. Any of them would have provided a better salary with less expense for him. And it's my responsibility to subsidize his poor decision making process?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #56
Japanrot_325i

No you tip the pizza Guy cause he came out and brought you the pizza because you were to lazy to pick it up if the bank teller came to my house and cashed my check hell yea I'd tip her if the Guy at 7-11 brought my slurpee to the car I'd tip him to I'm just nice yes it is sometimes a problem but if Someone provides me good service I feel bad not to tip them

Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #57
Japanrot_325i

But yes I do agree pizza delivery is a bad career choice I mean if your gonna make minimum wage don't run up the miles on your car and spend hundreds of dollars in gas in the process

Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #58
NOVAbimmer

I'd tip the slurpee guy if he brought it to my car too. Why? Because he's doing more than he needs to.

The delivery boy has in his job description that he delivers pizza. Bringing it to my house is exactly what he's supposed to be doing. I don't feel the need to pay people extra for doing their jobs.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #59
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I'd tip the slurpee guy if he brought it to my car too. Why? Because he's doing more than he needs to.

The delivery boy has in his job description that he delivers pizza. Bringing it to my house is exactly what he's supposed to be doing. I don't feel the need to pay people extra for doing their jobs.
So, what would you rather do:

1. Tip the delivery person and pay the typical cost for pizza. This presumes that the pizza delivery guy gets paid less than minimum wage and he makes it up in tips.

2. Not be required to tip the delivery person because the store owner pays them minimum wage+, but, your pizza is now more expensive because the store owner had to make up for the extra cost somewhere.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #60
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'm too cheap for delivery so I pick it up myself since most places tack on a delivery charge.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote