E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
JTripper

My Ride: 325ci
Magnetic Fuel Saver?

I've never heard of ionizing my fuel.
Any one know if these magnet doohickeys work?

Check out the Hash Tag: #BMWorNADA
Polly is her name. 'Maintenance B4 Mods'
MODS: AC Schnitzer Strut Bar, M3 Bumper, OEM Style 264 Wheels, AEM CAI, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Koni, w/Reinforced Towers, Interior Wrapped/Brushed Aluminum, A&C Pillars/Faux Suede, I.C.E.: FX-R Retrofit with Weisslicht's frosted Halos 120 LEDs, Pioneer HU & Rear deck. All upgrades done BY ME except the bumper.
Tons of DIY's done, check my profile page.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
I hear you'll gain 15mpg and 70 horsepower if you combine it with a Turbonator.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
shanneba

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
For the intended purpose, putting your money into someone else's pocket they work great.

If you could cheaply add magnets to the fuel line and increase MPG don't you think every car company would already be doing it to meet the EPA mileage requirements and prevent the hefty fines?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...ileage/1802932

Last edited by shanneba; 10-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Seems legit

Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Buy three
Old 10-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
choxor

My Ride: JDM
...really??
Old 10-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
JTripper

@ Zell so I hear too... i know my ears work right as i'm sure yours does too... hopefully the mouths we keeping hearing it from are truthful ones!
@ Shanneba You have a very valid point both the money in pocket and EPA standpiont ........ I really dont expect 15mpg more but at least 5-7, 8 would be nice....

MODS: AC Schnitzer Strut Bar, M3 Bumper, OEM Style 264 Wheels, AEM CAI, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Koni, w/Reinforced Towers, Interior Wrapped/Brushed Aluminum, A&C Pillars/Faux Suede, I.C.E.: FX-R Retrofit with Weisslicht's frosted Halos 120 LEDs, Pioneer HU & Rear deck. All upgrades done BY ME except the bumper.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
JTripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Seems legit

WTF is that thats not what I saw?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTripper View Post
@ Zell so I hear too... i know my ears work right as i'm sure yours does too... hopefully the mouths we keeping hearing it from are truthful ones!
@ Shanneba You have a very valid point both the money in pocket and EPA standpiont ........ I really dont expect 15mpg more but at least 5-7, 8 would be nice....
You really think that if there were a fifty cent add-on to a car that made 5 miles per gallon better efficiency for 90% of all vehicles you would only be hearing about it now?

I've got some great beachfront property in New Mexico for you
Old 10-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
SpoonerDee

My Ride: 2005 E46
I heard if you buy a bag of sand, hook it up to your intake, turn the car on and rev it real high, you can port and polish the cylinders yourself and get a huge fuel increase.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
JTripper

There's allllllot of fuhuckery out here to catch us with day dreams it seems!
i just saw a review from car and driver on them and some others............ LMAO
i feel ashamed i even created a post about this lol and smh

Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
JTripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonerDee View Post
I heard if you buy a bag of sand, hook it up to your intake, turn the car on and rev it real high, you can port and polish the cylinders yourself and get a huge fuel increase.
GEE THANKS now i can add that to the bag of sugar i added to my gas tank to make the car run sweeter! www.uQunt.org

Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Why are people still allowed to join this site.....

Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Why are people still allowed to join this site.....
You don't recall all the trouble last March when the site had issues and only beagles were posting?

The things they talked about were not only disgusting, but incomprehensible too. As bad as us people are, I think a good 30% of us make better posts than the beagles did.

B_Cyrus sponsored Camel month the year before...remember that?

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Hello,

I am Barr. Phillip Butulezi, an attorney of law to a deceased Immigrant property Magnate, who was based in the U.K, also referred to as my client.

On the 25th of July 2000, my client, his wife, and their two Children died in the Air France concord plane crash bound for New York. They were on their way to a world cruise.

Prior to that accident and since then, I have been managing Mr Schoeler's properties here in the U.K. Some of these properties, at the time of the accident, were already put on sale. I, as his attorney, monitored the sale of the properties, and the depositing of the proceeds into Mr Schoeler's main U.K bank account. I have contacted you initially to assist me in repatriating the money, and possibly ownership of some of the property left behind by my client; this is to prevent ownership of both reverting to the state. By U.K law, ownership of funds in current bank accounts unattended for six years will automatically revert back to her majesty's government treasury. However, the legal procedure to activate this takes about three months, of which there are just about two months left.

The bank has recently issued me a notice to provide details of any of Mr Schoeler's next of kin within a short period of time, this thereby triggers off the procedure of reverting ownership of the funds to her majesty's government. My Late client's main Uk bank account is valued at fifteen million, five hundred thousand U.S dollars ($15.5m). Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any relatives of my late client in the last six years; and with the bank indicating that they now wish to shortly start the procedure of reversion of ownership of the funds to the state, I now seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. And then you in turn can send me my share of the money. The ratio for the sharing of the funds will be fifty per cent (50%) to me, forty per cent (40%) to you, and ten per cent (10%) for miscellaneous expenses that might arise. I have all the necessary information that will be used to back up any claim we may make..

All I require is your honest co-operation and confidentiality to enable us sees this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Trust me, as Mr Schoeler's attorney; this is a risk-free transaction. Please send me your full names, address, and your telephone and fax numbers to enable us discuss this matter further.

I very much look forward to a swift response from you.

Kindest regards,

Barr. Phillip Butulezi
Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #16
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTripper View Post
I've never heard of ionizing my fuel.
Any one know if these magnet doohickeys work?
Debatable. There is certainly some scientific basis for such claims. The excitation of electrons within chemical bonds (ionic or covalent) is the fundamental principle behind mass spectrometry and nobody would dispute that mass spectrometry works. Any interference with bonding might have the desired affect with respect to molecular clustering, if it does indeed exist, but one has to be sceptical as to whether these devices can generate an appropriate concentration of flux to have any real impact on the fuel in the relatively brief time that the fuel is under its influence.

Last edited by RayPooley; 10-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
Debatable. There is certainly some scientific basis for such claims. The excitation of electrons within chemical bonds (ionic or covalent) is the fundamental principle behind mass spectrometry and nobody would dispute that mass spectrometry works. Any interference with bonding might have the desired affect with respect to molecular clustering, if it does indeed exist, but one has to be sceptical as to whether these devices can generate an appropriate concentration of flux to have any real impact on the fuel in the relatively brief time that the fuel is under its influence.
Blah blah blah who cares. It doesn't work.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #18
absolutegtr

My Ride: Alpine White e39 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
LMFAO! Great post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Aren't they doing a package deal with the whistle tips? I thought I saw that on ebay somewhere....

Last edited by lsteg; 10-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutegtr View Post
LMFAO! Great post
Glad you liked it. Just trying to raise the discussion beyond the choxor level.

Last edited by RayPooley; 10-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Closed Thread