E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Revolution TV Show

So anyone watching? The last episode was actually good. The first two shows were just so so. Show has a great premise. I hope they can make it work. Reminds me of Lost (flashbacks) when it was good.

What do you think about the show?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
I've been watching it and kinda like it. It for sure has potential but it also needs to get the show going before people lose interest.

This is also a show that I hope only lasts for 2-3 seasons before it ends. There's only so much it can drag out for.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
MrAdventure

My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
I'm watching, but...

MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
I enjoy it! Like you said... its a great premise so I'm interested to see where they take it!
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
about to watch the first ep. I have no idea what the show even is...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
A real militia would be killing the ones trying to take your guns.

Show is backwards. Conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
oie77

My Ride: wamta
Good premise and has potential but its just impossible to get past the terrible writing and acting. Show wont last IMO.

Too much Glee and not enough grit. I dont really watch the AMC Falling Skies or Walking Dead but those shows have a much more realistic feel than the NBC shows.
oie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
moiz21

My Ride: 1999 323i 5-SPD
If they can just head in a good direction with the show's idea, it has the potential do me a really good show. Hope they dont F it up.

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S / 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
moiz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oie77 View Post
Good premise and has potential but its just impossible to get past the terrible writing and acting. Show wont last IMO.
Already been renewed for a full season.

I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Flashforward, which was an awesome show.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 10-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
lakedude90

My Ride: 03' 325i
I deff like the show. I was kinda skeptical about the idea before it aired but now I like where its going. Like everyone else has said. If they can keep it going and get the ball moving alittle more im sure it will be a hit. I kinda want to know what happen to the lady that had the computer and who the guy was that came after her.
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Haven't seen the show apart from the commercials, didn't inspire confidence. Is there any explanation for why the power going out makes all the guns and bicycles disappear? I can't get over the fact that there is sword fighting and horseback riding

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
moiz21

There's still guns. Ammunition is what becomes scarce.

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S / 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Haven't seen the show apart from the commercials, didn't inspire confidence. Is there any explanation for why the power going out makes all the guns and bicycles disappear? I can't get over the fact that there is sword fighting and horseback riding
Guns didn't disappear, they were hoarded by the new governments and banned to everyone else. Also, it's rather difficult to make the components of modern ammo without electricity so that's also become hard to come by.

Never thought about the bicycle thing so you make a point there...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #15
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
With shows I'm on the fence on, I let two or three seasons pass before I start watching them. If it still receives good reviews after that, I might watch it. I just can't get into network TV anymore. After great shows like Dexter, Homeland, Mad Men, TWD, etc, I can't stand "PG" rated network TV. It seems so cheesy.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Acting was terrible. I fell asleep on the first episode.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Guns didn't disappear, they were hoarded by the new governments and banned to everyone else. Also, it's rather difficult to make the components of modern ammo without electricity so that's also become hard to come by.

Never thought about the bicycle thing so you make a point there...
Uhh, I've got news for you.....There is an untold amount of ammo in circulation, hidden away, etc and people have been shooting guns long before there was electricity.

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Uhh, I've got news for you.....There is an untold amount of ammo in circulation, hidden away, etc and people have been shooting guns long before there was electricity.
You're right but the story goes that the militia has been taking and hoarding all the ammo.

People have been shooting guns since the 1600s but those weren't modern rifles and pistols, they were muskets that shot lead balls that were easy to make. They use those in the show.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #19
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Well the last episode was good as well. Looks like it's starting to pick up. I came to realize that this show is an oxymoron. You want it to be good, but if it's good then there will be no end. I like shows that end after each episode better. That way it's not a long drawn out what can I think of next to mess with the viewers. Been watching another show that fits within the end after each episode. It's called Elementary. It's a Sherlock Holmes figure out who is the killer. Very good writing so far. If you have time I would definitely recommend you check out an episode.

I miss one of my all time favorites and need something new now since it's over - House. Anyone watching a good show they like? Newsroom on HBO is great...but still looking of weekday shows....Leave a list of what your watching that you like.

1. Revolution - good premise; cheesy
2. Elementary - very witty and good acting/writing so far
3. Last Resort - checked out 1/2 an episode - good acting
4. Walking Dead - Starts on Sunday
5. Breaking Bad - never watched it; checked out an episode; reminds me of the The Shield - constant drama when are they going to get busted
6. Dexter - great series
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
moiz21

Check out a british show based on Sherlock Holmes. It's called Sherlock. Also another one based on Jekyll/Hyde, it's called Jekyll. With Sherlock, it's only 3 episodes a season, but each episode is 90 min long. There are 2 seasons so far, with a 3rd on the way. I watch a ton of shows, so I can give huge lists lol. But I like a lot of stuff.

MODS