E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
jerseyzillest

My Ride: 325 CI
Kelly blue book the price, lets say its supposed to sell for like 18k just take off 50% of the value, that's 9k!!!!
id pay 9,000 for a rebuilt title m3. (Most likely I'd track it)

^Taken with iPhone^
:rofl:
jerseyzillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
Forcfed93

My Ride: 2002 M3
Really? You offered $2000 for an M3? I don't care if the back half of the car was torn completely off, that's just absurd. I'd laugh at you.

The fact is, the motor is worth $4k. Transmission with accessories, $2k. Wheels/Tires, $1k. That's $7k and you still have 90% of a car left.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
JuanK20

My Ride: Porsche 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcfed93 View Post
Really? You offered $2000 for an M3? I don't care if the back half of the car was torn completely off, that's just absurd. I'd laugh at you.

The fact is, the motor is worth $4k. Transmission with accessories, $2k. Wheels/Tires, $1k. That's $7k and you still have 90% of a car left.
+1

You'd be crazy NOT to but it for 2k or even 4k. The motor alone cost that much. If he accepts your offer and you decide not to buy, PM me. I'll take it. Seriously.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #24
DSilk56

My Ride: M-3 Convertible
While I wouldn't touch a salvage titled car with a 10 foot pole, if you are going to buy one there are several things you need to do:

1. Have an expert look at the car thoroughly so that he can tell you how extensive (and what type) the damage is or was, and how well what has been repaired was repaired.

2. Be certain that the car isn't a flood salvage, as you will forever be chasing down electrical gremlins and rust.

3. Understand that insurance may be difficult to secure (at least full coverage), and that financing will be impossible. This may not mean much now, especially if you can pay cash, but it will affect you when the time comes to sell.

4. Understand that the decrease in value will be forever. Even proper repair will never restore the value of the car, especially given the fact that there are a slew of clean-titled M3's on the market at any given time.
DSilk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace530 View Post
... Don't have a ton of info on the car but I can get more.

Guy wants to sell quick so I was offering something pretty low but a recon title scares me. With no other previous owner info on the car?
You got to ask yourself....why is this guy going for the quick sale to get rid of this ///M? What hidden problems may be there???

Quote:
So if I bought it just for a flip I could get an easy 10k out of the car the way it sits?
Very doubtful.... it depends on the overall condition of the car and if you can find a suitable buyer for it at that price...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_f22_pilot View Post
Check your state's regulations on reselling vehicles with recon titles. Also remember, "if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't." The car might have other issues.

If you can get it for a great price and flip it, good. If you're mechanically inclined and keep it good. If you can't perform general maintenance, keep walking . . .
food for thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk56 View Post
While I wouldn't touch a salvage titled car with a 10 foot pole, if you are going to buy one there are several things you need to do:

1. Have an expert look at the car thoroughly so that he can tell you how extensive (and what type) the damage is or was, and how well what has been repaired was repaired.

2. Be certain that the car isn't a flood salvage, as you will forever be chasing down electrical gremlins and rust.

3. Understand that insurance may be difficult to secure (at least full coverage), and that financing will be impossible. This may not mean much now, especially if you can pay cash, but it will affect you when the time comes to sell.

4. Understand that the decrease in value will be forever. Even proper repair will never restore the value of the car, especially given the fact that there are a slew of clean-titled M3's on the market at any given time.
^
+1
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-04-2012 at 12:45 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #26
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
I agree with everything everyone has said and I thank you for your in put.

A guy in Portland on this forum has seen it. He told me it looks pretty clean runs well. Nothing special about the m3 besides that fact it's a m3.

I'm not sure what's going on with the car yet.

I am going to have a ppi done.

The reason I offered that is because I just spent 10k on upgrades to my cummins. I have 2k that's it right now.

He asked me if I was interested and I said all I have is 2k. So that's how it got to that price range.

I told him if he's really looking for a quick sale then that's what I have.

I looked at prices around here and most see from 14-25k so that's how I came up with selling it quick for anything below that price range even with a salvage title on it.

Like most people said it a BMW m3 most people don't care if its a salvage they just would like a m3.
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
bwallace530

Well if anyone is interested in a cheap possibly track or project car pm me.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
bwallace530

Well four different people pm ing me that's good
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #29
dragoncoach

My Ride: '03 325it/Jetta TDI
But you don't have the car yet do you? If you previously owned your own shop, I would think you'd be more well versed in checking condition and seeing exactly how the car was put back together. You're not buying it to use, you're going to flip it. so why are you so worried?
dragoncoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #30
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncoach View Post
But you don't have the car yet do you? If you previously owned your own shop, I would think you'd be more well versed in checking condition and seeing exactly how the car was put back together. You're not buying it to use, you're going to flip it. so why are you so worried?

I never was worried just was wondering how good of a deal this was from you fellow m3 owners.

I understand of it makes you sick that ones going for so cheap sense you probably paid a ton for yours. But I'm probably going to sell if all works out to a fanatic on here looking for a track car.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #31
dragoncoach

My Ride: '03 325it/Jetta TDI
Quote:
I never was worried just was wondering how good of a deal this was from you fellow m3 owners.

I understand of it makes you sick that ones going for so cheap sense you probably paid a ton for yours. But I'm probably going to sell if all works out to a fanatic on here looking for a track car.
Doesn't make me sick... So you think $2k-$4k is overpaying for a salvaged M3? Why? Have you checked the market value of similar cars? If you do indeed pick it up that cheap, let's hope you can flip it for what you want to get without having to put a lot of money into it.
dragoncoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #32
Showtime_M3

My Ride: 03.5 Carbon M3
You are not getting that car for $2k so it is a moot point.
Showtime_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #33
bwallace530

Well I would be thinking the same thing but I was expecting to get laughed at when I offered that but the guy just said let me see what a dealer will pay me first which I should find out today.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
+1,000,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime_m3 View Post
you are not getting that car for $2k so it is a moot point.
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote