E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #81
JasonSmithed

My Ride: 00 323i
Hope it lasts for you
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #82
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabos77 View Post
It looks good to me... I understand that you are just trying to state your opinion and I respect that. I know how you feel about Leatherique but believe me, I sat on the rear seat and used my key to rub it. I even sanded it with 2000 grit and never peeled...
Peel test means pick at it with your nails or an exposed edge. Once you get it going, it comes off easy. Like plastidip as I mentioned. Bit different than a key test or fine sand paper.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #83
ITS ME DAVID

My Ride: 2012 Civic
Of course it will peel if you try to make it.
ITS ME DAVID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #84
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Peel test means pick at it with your nails or an exposed edge. Once you get it going, it comes off easy. Like plastidip as I mentioned. Bit different than a key test or fine sand paper.
Look man, peeling it off this early will surely damage what I have worked on so I do not want to try that just to satisfy you. I am sorry that your leatherique project did not work out for you but mine is just perfectly fine. Like what I said, I just dyed the pieces last week... Ofcourse the dye is still fresh and hasn't cured yet and not have a chance to get absorbed by the leather. Just like any other paint.. You wouldn't paint a car and do a scratch/peel test right? Just sit back and relax. Watch me make this happen

Last edited by Busabos77; 10-02-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #85
Busabos77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Of course it will peel if you try to make it.
That's what I said... This guy thinks that what happened to him will happen to everyone that uses leatherique!

Last edited by Busabos77; 10-02-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #86
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Look man, peeling it off this early will surely damage what I have worked on so I do not want to try that just to satisfy you. I am sorry that your leatherique project did not work out for you but mine is just perfectly fine. Like what I said, I just dyed the pieces last week... Ofcourse the dye is still fresh and hasn't cured yet and not have a chance to get absorbed by the leather. Just like any other paint.. You wouldn't paint a car and do a scratch/peel test right? Just sit back and relax. Watch me make this happen
You're not listening. Leatherique does not absorb into the leather. It will not be any better after "curing". You made mention that you thought I didn't prep right, clearly you didn't read anything I wrote in the thread about Leatherique.

Niel was the biggest pain in my a** and you're just further encouraging others to act the same damn way. Ignorant to how to properly do things.

Yes of course it will peel, because it is NOTHING like a legitimate 2-stage leather color product. Had you taken the time to research how leather is made, you'd know this You need to learn to be more involved in learning about what it is you're doing. There's nothing for me to watch you do better than any other twit who will get the bright idea to use this stuff. A person that I once was but immediately took notice to how improper of a system it was soon as I got my kit. The whole point of me encouraging you to do things is so you see that and hopefully save others from making the same mistake you did. Enjoy your latex paint seats.

Last edited by braymond141; 10-02-2012 at 02:02 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #87
Busabos77

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
You're not listening. Leatherique does not absorb into the leather. It will not be any better after "curing". You made mention that you thought I didn't prep right, clearly you didn't read anything I wrote in the thread about Leatherique.

Niel was the biggest pain in my a** and you're just further encouraging others to act the same damn way. Ignorant to how to properly do things.

Yes of course it will peel, because it is NOTHING like a legitimate 2-stage leather color product. Had you taken the time to research how leather is made, you'd know this
1. Why should I listen to you?
2. Did you pay me to do this?
3. Is this your car?
4. Is this your thread?

And FYI... I am not encouraging others... I am just simply showing my progress.
Just listen to me... Relax and feel free to look at my thread. That's all I'm saying man.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #88
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
... Just sit back and relax. Watch me make this happen

+1

I watched Brian do this and can say that he took his time with the process although he could have waited just a little longer to put things back but he was in a time crunch....given the same situation, I would have done the same thing!

So far Brian has done a great job so for those who doubt this....let's just wait on our comments and give this a little time....I'm sure, good or bad, Brian will post updates to this thread to show how well the product is wearing as time goes on....

@ Braymond141... I'm not discounting what you have to add to this thread just so you know. I have seen first hand what Brian has done in this project and know for the most part that most people in the forums wouldn't tackle a project this indepth.....I for one wouldn't so give Brian some time here and let's see how things progress
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-02-2012 at 06:11 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #89
VG1134
Old City Bimmer

My Ride: Classifieds
Hey wait a minute I thought this was Brian thread?
Post on Brian...looks great from here.

Last edited by VG1134; 10-02-2012 at 08:34 AM.
VG1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #90
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG1134 View Post
Exactly! This is why I posted my comments above...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #91
Busabos77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
+1

I watched Brian do this and can say that he took his time with the process although he could have waited just a little longer to put things back but he was in a time crunch....given the same situation, I would have done the same thing!

So far Brian has done a great job so for those who doubt this....let's just wait on our comments and give this a little time....I'm sure, good or bad, Brian will post updates to this thread to show how well the product is wearing as time goes on....

@ Braymond141... I'm not discounting what you have to add to this thread just so you know. I have seen first hand what Brian has done in this project and know for the most part that most people in the forums wouldn't tackle a project this indepth.....I for one wouldn't so give Brian some time here and let's see how things progress
Thanks Charlie... Exactly what I was saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG1134 View Post
+1

Quote:
Exactly! This is why I posted my comments above...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #92
Busabos77

Last night, I was finally able to put the door panels together. I went to BMW Tulley after work to pick up my order. I ordered 40 door clips to replace the old ones that my door panels had and a new set of Black Floor Mats. Installed the door panels and the rear bolsters, took out the rear back rests to sand them down with 2000 grit and will put them back on Saturday. I was also able to put the front kick panels and the door plastic linings last night plus the foot rest pedal. I might need to hold off on the project until mid october since my in-laws are coming to visit us. I ordered another 32oz of leatherique IMOLA and 32oz prep agent to get a fresh set of Dye for the front seats. My target date is to have everything done before October ends...

Here are some photos that I took last night and I also have daytime shots that I took today before heading out to work to show you guys the true color and texture of the pieces.

OEM BLACK FLOOR MATS

DAYTIME PHOTOS

Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #93
cak323i
Modded ///Member

they look awesome Brian! Can't wait to see everything complete! Russo....are you looking at this thread???

Last edited by cak323i; 10-02-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #94
Busabos77

Quote:
they look awesome Brian! Can't wait to see everything complete! Russo....are you looking at this thread???
Thanks Charlie! I texted Chad to look at it... I'm not sure if Russo is lurking around! LOL!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #95
M3 Baddie

My Ride: 05 M3 SMG
Great job looks great! ( if you haven't done this yet) when you shoot inside with the camera, change the white balance to incandescent or florescent depending which your under it might help get rid of the yellowness of the picture =]
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #96
Busabos77

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Baddie View Post
Great job looks great! ( if you haven't done this yet) when you shoot inside with the camera, change the white balance to incandescent or florescent depending which your under it might help get rid of the yellowness of the picture =]
Thank you! That's a great tip... Ill try to do that...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #97
M3HER310

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
All I have to say.
M3HER310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #98
agent050

My Ride: 2005 M3
Holy atomic pile, Batman! The interior is coming along quite beautifully!

You are convincing me more and more to do the same to my all black interior. In fact, do you think black leather would dye as nice as yours? The nice thing is that I don't have to dye all the parts you had to dye black since mine are already black; however, I am concerned that black leather may not dye as nice, though.

Thank you!
agent050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #99
agent050

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent050 View Post
Holy atomic pile, Batman! The interior is coming along quite beautifully!

You are convincing me more and more to do the same to my all black interior. In fact, do you think black leather would dye as nice as yours? The nice thing is that I don't have to dye all the parts you had to dye black since mine are already black; however, I am concerned that black leather may not dye as nice, though.

Thank you!
Oh, and I would use cinnamon colored dye since I have wanted it for quite some time. Your red looks amazing, and the only reason it would be my second choice is because my last car (S2000) had red interior.
agent050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #100
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I have seen Brian's interior in person and can say that the Imola dye looks awesome!!! Brian took his time and did everything right