E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
taxi_driver

My Ride: has a meter in it
I got a call today with a job offer that was in the bag 2 days ago. Went crazy waiting to hear back, glad it worked out. best of luck to ya

Currently Driving:
2007 Lexus GS 350
Past Cars:
2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L - Sold
2006 BMW 325i - Sold
2004 MB CLK320 - Leased
2001 VW GTI 1.8t - Sold
1995 MB C280 - Totaled
taxi_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #42
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
Yeah, who the heck would ever put down references who wouldn't give good feedback? Here's the questions that they asked my references (they talked to 2 out of the 3 today):

- how did you meet him
- how long have you known him
- strengths/weaknesses
- how is his work environment at your company
- work attendance
- would a manager view him as high/low maintance
- what elements make him successful

Both of my references sensed that I'll be getting an offer based upon their conversation but for me it's not for sure until I have that offer in hand....I just hate waiting...
I know how you feel. I felt extremely good and confident after the interview but I still had doubts until I got the call. Good luck to you, hope you get it.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #43
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
I did interview with the CFO (in round 2 and then spoke with him again for 5-10 minutes before I met the CEO in round 3)...the CEO as well.
Ok well in that case im 90% sure you will get the job, they dont check ref's and do background otherwise.

Good Luck
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #44
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Ok well in that case im 90% sure you will get the job, they dont check ref's and do background otherwise.

Good Luck
Thanks, I got a call from the HR recruiter asking if I could schedule a lunch meeting with the CFO on Monday. When I asked him where I stand from his point of view he said that it's better than 50-50.
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #45
Show me

My Ride: 330 Vert
Quote:
Thanks, I got a call from the HR recruiter asking if I could schedule a lunch meeting with the CFO on Monday. When I asked him where I stand from his point of view he said that it's better than 50-50.
Probably the offer meeting, as long and you don't f-up and order a Jack and Coke with lunch (even if the CFO orders himself one first).
Show me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #46
AMCINK

My Ride: 2000 323CI
You got the JOB!!!! congratulations you will be part of the 1% now
AMCINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #47
davide330

My Ride: 10 ISF
So you gotta read all the papers the day before and morning, make sure you are right up on current affairs, markets, and even sports. Make sure you have some good conversation topics to fall back on (note anything in his office he is in to? pictures on walls, memorabilia). Suss out the restaurant menu/wine list. He is probably wanting to get to know you as a person. Get him talking about stuff he likes and has an interest in (family, holidays etc).

Sig by Jase3d at www.jase3d.com
davide330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #48
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
didnt u have a thread on how great some small ass company u were working at was? and that u were getting a CPA or some sh!t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #49
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
didnt u have a thread on how great some small ass company u were working at was? and that u were getting a CPA or some sh!t
I think he said he was being groomed to be VP of finance or something.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #50
TWang2408

My Ride: BMW M3
Thats what happens when you got the trojan connects. Keep your head up man and let us know when u get the job!
TWang2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #51
USCTrojanMan29

Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
That was years ago...after working in banking I got back into the accounting side working at a smaller company. From there I went to a large company where I'm currently at now.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #52
Skeeter

My Ride: 2003 M3
Send a message via AIM to Skeeter
Good luck! I've been on pins and needles for my dream job in the nonprofit world of Capital budgeting. Corner office over looking central park and an assistant. Fingers crossed.

Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #53
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
i cant wait to be in your guys' position
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #54
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Pause.

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #55
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
You mean go through X number of rounds of interviews having met like 10 people and then still not know exactly where you stand?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #56
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
Quote:
That was years ago...after working in banking I got back into the accounting side working at a smaller company. From there I went to a large company where I'm currently at now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #57
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
I bet it's come down to you and another candidate or they're not sure about something. Usually when I interview someone and invite them to lunch is because I want to see what they are like outside of a stressful interview environment.

Be yourself and you'll nail it.

Good luck!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #58
USCTrojanMan29

Update: So I met with the CFO for lunch on Monday. It was a very easygoing meeting with a free flowing conversation where we talked about everything from family to where grew up to interests to some job/industry related topics. Lunch was about 90 minutes.

Tuesday morning I got a call from the HR recruiter that the director of the PE firm would like to chat with me over the phone and that the CFO wanted to personally make the call to my 3rd reference. He did confirm that it was down between two people but that my chances were greater than 50-50.

Wednesday morning the CFO called my 3rd reference and spoke with them for 30 minutes and I spoke to the director of the PE firm for over 90 minutes (call scheduled for 60 minutes).

Then finally, Thursday evening I get THE CALL from the HR recruiter congratulating me and that they would like to present me the offer Friday afternoon over the phone.

So the phone call took place on Friday afternoon and they detailed the offer (I asked if there was flexibility in improving it and they said NO as they were giving me their best offer) and I accepted verbally. Within 1 hour of the call I had the offer letter in my email inbox. The CFO emails me late in the evening saying how he heard the news that I accepted the offer and how excited everyone is about me joining the team.

I'll be submitting my resignation letter with a 2-week notice first thing Monday morning and will start the new job on Nov. 5th after taking a week off to decompress and get everything in order.

Last edited by USCTrojanMan29; 10-14-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #59
JTLaz

My Ride: Can now offroad
Congrats!
JTLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #60
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Well done and congrats!