E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #41
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
I figure I should just bump this thread instead of create a new one for this..

Did a totally different car on saturday, a 2011 S4 with 3500 miles on it. No real nastiness anywhere, he just wanted me to clean the inside of the wheels and clay/polish the car for the first time.

I found 2 factory dirt nibs, 1 six inch patch of underbuffed 1500 grit sand scratches on the hood, and the exhaust could definitely benefit from a nice polish.

scratches and scuffs here and there, and the patch of sand scratches. it's really hard to find imperfections on white, especially with a camera lol

Last edited by hi its me alec; 10-05-2010 at 12:41 AM.
hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #42
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec

Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #43
iminshambles

My Ride: 323ci
Jesus christ that e36 was ROUGH. Tremendous transformation!
iminshambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #44
330exeye

My Ride: 2004 330xi
you sir. are some sort of wizard...show me your tricks!!! Both cars turned out spot on (pun intended) that E36, christ, I had maaco spray my car when I was 16, original pain was absolute trash, and it turned out 10x better than that. they even sanded down some of the nasty rust spots. Good show sr. good show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Reminisce View Post
It is indeed called E46fanatics, not E46wellthiscarisokthewayitissowhymodit
330exeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #45
Dinan S3

My Ride: Sc'd M3, M5, F430
thats S4 looks great Alec!..loving the white!

1996 Estoril M3 Vortech Supercharged
2003 Carbon Black M5
2009 Rosso Corsa F430
www.ravenworksllc.com
Dinan S3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Here's where we stand on the hood now... scared to sand any further. This was some TOUGH clear coat, took forever to get all the texture and solvent pop out.

Dude I sanded my hood today [moron idea] and now my hood looks chalk like. I waxed it, Tried plastic restore [ headlight restore compiund] and even Vaseline. I really want to get it back to original shine, and I need advice and help. pls gooby. pls.
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #47
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahmed2016 View Post
Dude I sanded my hood today [moron idea] and now my hood looks chalk like. I waxed it, Tried plastic restore [ headlight restore compiund] and even Vaseline. I really want to get it back to original shine, and I need advice and help. pls gooby. pls.

You will need a power polisher, compound/cutting pads, and polish/polishing pads. None of what you tried is going to even come close to helping...
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #48
hi its me alec

Quote:
LOL shit dude. Find someone with a buffer!

Last edited by hi its me alec; 10-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #49
longuyen88

My Ride: E90 M3, E46 325Xi
Quote:
wow dumb move of the century? pay a professional before you mess your car up further...
longuyen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
Paul180

My Ride: 2003 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Just sand the same way.. the porter cable doesn't burn through anything. It took me a really really long time to buff the sand scratches out. It works great and is the safest way to do this stuff, just takes a while.
Very impressive work and patients. I'm not sure I would have tackled a project like that for any of my friends. My hat is off to you even though it looks like you've inspired some others to try it out without understanding what the process entails and the commitment involved.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #51
ArpusTT

My Ride: is300
some fantastic work there. I would say thats one VERY lucky old 3! Really a fantastic turnaround. As a detailer myself, my hat is off to you.
ArpusTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #52
hi its me alec