E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AK HI ID OR WA

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #41
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
+1
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #42
anton2718
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: spokane wa
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M3 View Post
+1
theres actually an option to not open certain windows or the sunroof
anton2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #43
BMW2D4EVR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 235
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Damn. If I can get gas, looks like I'm coming to Spokane.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
Buisness, Money, Women... BMW
BMW2D4EVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #44
stinezigga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: post falls idaho
Posts: 5
My Ride: E46 touring
the windows rolling up is Amazing. thanks Anton!
stinezigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #45
Toxx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 895
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton2718 View Post
theres actually an option to not open certain windows or the sunroof
How easy is this to do?
Toxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #46
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxx View Post
How easy is this to do?
Once it's been done a time or two then it's easy just time consuming. Hardest part was figuring it out originally because the program mentions nothin about windows.
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #47
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2D4EVR View Post
Nick yours manual?
Haha of course you won't ever catch me in an auto or a step. Dumbest thing ever made.
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #48
anton2718
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: spokane wa
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxx View Post
How easy is this to do?
if you know what you're doing its easy, and only takes a minute, takes a bit to figure out at first though
anton2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #49
Toxx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 895
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton2718 View Post
if you know what you're doing its easy, and only takes a minute, takes a bit to figure out at first though
If I come and throw you some cash could you do it for me?
Toxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #50
anton2718
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: spokane wa
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxx View Post
If I come and throw you some cash could you do it for me?
yes i can
anton2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #51
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
Just a reminder there is a meet tomorrow!

http://e46detailing.com/autotreffeninw
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #52
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2D4EVR View Post
Alpine white over everything. I wanted an alpine white 3 series so bad.
I'm down to trade with cash on your end of course
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #53
Showtime_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 33
My Ride: 03.5 Carbon M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M3 View Post
Haha of course you won't ever catch me in an auto or a step. Dumbest thing ever made.
You are obviously young. Once you get older you appreciate an auto trans. If you step up to an M you can have best of both SMG. If paddle shifting is good enough for super cars, I am sure it is good enough for anyone!
Showtime_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #54
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime_M3 View Post
You are obviously young. Once you get older you appreciate an auto trans. If you step up to an M you can have best of both SMG. If paddle shifting is good enough for super cars, I am sure it is good enough for anyone!
You're right I am young but I am mature well beyond my age. Appreciate an auto trans? Maybe if I was lazy, or needed the multitasking convenience like a soccer mom. Smg? An imitation is never as good as the real deal. It's not about speed it's about the experience and feeling connected and nothing gives you that connection like a manual transmission. But it's cool maybe when I'm 85 and arthritic I'll appreciate it.
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #55
zander271
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,367
My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M3 View Post
You're right I am young but I am mature well beyond my age. Appreciate an auto trans? Maybe if I was lazy, or needed the multitasking convenience like a soccer mom. Smg? An imitation is never as good as the real deal. It's not about speed it's about the experience and feeling connected and nothing gives you that connection like a manual transmission. But it's cool maybe when I'm 85 and arthritic I'll appreciate it.
You do know that F1 cars use SMG right?

No need to rag on people because they have an auto. Who cares.

Hello from the Seattle
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #56
Nick_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 190
My Ride: 2005 325ci
Again like I said it's not about being faster, it's about the driving experience. If you prefer smg that's awesome I'm not trying to change anyone's view on that. You just won't find me owning one. Nothing compares to the control I have with a stick.
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #57
anton2718
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: spokane wa
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M3 View Post
Again like I said it's not about being faster, it's about the driving experience. If you prefer smg that's awesome I'm not trying to change anyone's view on that. You just won't find me owning one. Nothing compares to the control I have with a stick.
tsaheylu with a car, driving auto makes it seem like the cars driving you, with standard you're the one driving the car, you control the engine, your thoughts are its thoughts
anton2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #58
zander271
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,367
My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M3 View Post
Again like I said it's not about being faster, it's about the driving experience. If you prefer smg that's awesome I'm not trying to change anyone's view on that. You just won't find me owning one. Nothing compares to the control I have with a stick.
I'm not trying to change your opinion in any way shape or form. You just sounded massively rude.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #59
Showtime_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 33
My Ride: 03.5 Carbon M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M3 View Post
Again like I said it's not about being faster, it's about the driving experience. If you prefer smg that's awesome I'm not trying to change anyone's view on that. You just won't find me owning one. Nothing compares to the control I have with a stick.

Clearly you have never driven a car with paddle shifters. Hands never have to leave the wheel, and you are in complete control of the gears. So really you are more at one with the car....I would say it actually takes more skill to drive a paddle shift car.

I wish I could hear back from you in ten years to hear your honest opinion. We have all been young and mature beyond our years. Everyone who is young feels they are more mature than their years. You are to young to realize that. Just sayin...

Like I said if it is good enough for super cars...
Showtime_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #60
anton2718
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: spokane wa
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime_M3 View Post
Clearly you have never driven a car with paddle shifters. Hands never have to leave the wheel, and you are in complete control of the gears. So really you are more at one with the car....I would say it actually takes more skill to drive a paddle shift car.

I wish I could hear back from you in ten years to hear your honest opinion. We have all been young and mature beyond our years. Everyone who is young feels they are more mature than their years. You are to young to realize that. Just sayin...

Like I said if it is good enough for super cars...
they use it for super cars because if it was fully manual and you stalled twice the clutch is done
anton2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use