E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #41
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Personally, the thing that stands out the most for me is the white wheels.

My eye goes right to them and I miss that there's a bmw on top of them. I can't understand why anyone wants to call attention to wheels.

That said, I know I'm being hypocritical since I did paint my tires green. Maybe you saw my car at Bimmerfest? I was parked next to the mirrored Lambo, and still everyone hung around my car and not the Lambo. For some reason, almost everyone asked me the same question: "Dude, did you paint your tires?"

I'm actually thinking of raising my car as I want to be able to ford some of the local creeks and I don't have a Ford. I'm a little concerned about stability, though, but I think if I install a Toyota Sienna suspension on it, I'll be fine.

Anyway, not sure if your wheels are really white or just photoshopped, but if white, I still hope you've selected brake pads that stop your car and make lots of dust.

Sorry...but you had to suspect that people on the Internet would tell you what they think! I give you points for bravery and passion though. Now, please apply some of those character traits under your hood by way of maintenance. Just saying!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #42
L0standards

My Ride: E46/325i-sold e46/m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Personally, the thing that stands out the most for me is the white wheels.

My eye goes right to them and I miss that there's a bmw on top of them. I can't understand why anyone wants to call attention to wheels.

That said, I know I'm being hypocritical since I did paint my tires green. Maybe you saw my car at Bimmerfest? I was parked next to the mirrored Lambo, and still everyone hung around my car and not the Lambo. For some reason, almost everyone asked me the same question: "Dude, did you paint your tires?"

I'm actually thinking of raising my car as I want to be able to ford some of the local creeks and I don't have a Ford. I'm a little concerned about stability, though, but I think if I install a Toyota Sienna suspension on it, I'll be fine.

Anyway, not sure if your wheels are really white or just photoshopped, but if white, I still hope you've selected brake pads that stop your car and make lots of dust.

Sorry...but you had to suspect that people on the Internet would tell you what they think! I give you points for bravery and passion though. Now, please apply some of those character traits under your hood by way of maintenance. Just saying!
No photoshop here they were powder coated by Tom espo in Staten Island I would never paint my tires that's just insane and I wasn't at bimmerfest I'm a tech for Lexus so the engine is always in stock tiptop shape
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #43
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0standards View Post
No photoshop here they were powder coated by Tom espo in Staten Island I would never paint my tires that's just insane and I wasn't at bimmerfest I'm a tech for Lexus so the engine is always in stock tiptop shape
Uh, oh! If you think painting tires is insane I should reflect on that. Everyone always comments on them, though. Maybe they're just being polite, but it seems like they like it. Literally every day someone asks me if I painted my tires. Just yesterday, a guy asked me 'if my tires were really green.'

I'm like, 'dude. They're green. Don't you know your colors?' It's a good thing I'm quick, even though I'm old. This guy was an angry looking, 6'6" /300 lb. monster...but he 'was' pretty quick.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 10-06-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #44
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
?.. I would never paint my tires that's just insane...
OP... That's because it takes balls to do what Doug has done...

All kidding aside, I can understand why you chose to do this to your ride, although I'm not inclined to do what you did... still in this case form over performance... Looks good

I think the wheels would have looked better in a gunmetal finish with the color of your car though
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-06-2012 at 08:17 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
tomoyer

My Ride: 03 325xi, 03 330xi
Send a message via Yahoo to tomoyer
I must say that slammed down that low does look kewl, HOWEVER, like all the V Dub and Honda "turners", its not functional as a daily driver and you have to be very careful anywhere you drive it as a small speed bump can take out the front end. Hell, you'd have a hard time getting it onto the grounds around here for any of the car shows since 80% of them are in grassy areas and not in parking lots. To me, lowering is fine, just not that extreme, at least you had the sense to roll your fenders so that the tires don't destroy them.
tomoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #46
L0standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
OP... That's because it takes balls to do what Doug has done...

All kidding aside, I can understand why you chose to do this to your ride, although I'm not inclined to do what you did... still in this case form over performance... Looks good
Thank you I will be sellin my Gti soon that is my "show car" in the process of parting out and selling then will be picking up a e46 m3 for track use so will have the best of both worlds you can say so stay posted
Old 10-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #47
jerseyzillest

My Ride: 325 CI
Hellaflush is a form of art! Something most people will never understand.
It's like a tattoo it just sets you apart from a crowd.
Anyways car looks amazing!
I have a set of these wheels if anyone's interested! (Mine are staggered)

^Taken with iPhone^
:rofl:
jerseyzillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #48
L0standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoyer View Post
I must say that slammed down that low does look kewl, HOWEVER, like all the V Dub and Honda "turners", its not functional as a daily driver and you have to be very careful anywhere you drive it as a small speed bump can take out the front end. Hell, you'd have a hard time getting it onto the grounds around here for any of the car shows since 80% of them are in grassy areas and not in parking lots. To me, lowering is fine, just not that extreme, at least you had the sense to roll your fenders so that the tires don't destroy them.
I perform fender rolling in the tristate area for anyone that is interested and I drive this car all around queens no problem I know how to drive a lowered car like I said and keep saying this is my daily if I break something ill fix it I have 2 other cars to use not so worried about being carless
Old 10-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #49
L0standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyzillest View Post
Thank you bro at least some people understand where I'm coming from I enjoy stance over performance shoot me lol
Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #50
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyzillest View Post
That's true, some art is really f***in' stupid...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #51
L0standards

Quick point and shoot from today
Old 10-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #52
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
That's true, some art is really f***in' stupid...
2deep4u

Quote:
Kill it with fire

Last edited by 325inthe510; 10-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.
325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
In my opinion it's really nice unless you bag any BMW than ill throw bricks in your windows or if you put M badges on your vehicles sir good sir
Because race car mudafaka
Btw your car is nice dude
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #54
dmax

Say hi to Barbaros for me!

You have low dusting brake pads don't you? Just be careful, OP!

A recent set

Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #55
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Two things:

Quote:
First, Y U USE INSTAGRAM?!? It makes my eyes bleed...

Second, Y U DO THAT TO SUCH AWESOME WHEELS?!? It makes my eyes gush blood... Not to mention, Z3 wheels just don't fit quite right on an E46.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #56
L0standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian172 View Post
In my opinion it's really nice unless you bag any BMW than ill throw bricks in your windows or if you put M badges on your vehicles sir good sir
Because race car mudafaka
Btw your car is nice dude
No bags all static here and no m badges I'm not a ***** lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Say hi to Barbaros for me!

You have low dusting brake pads don't you? Just be careful, OP!
Will do n yes I do
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #57
L0standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
Two things:

First, Y U USE INSTAGRAM?!? It makes my eyes bleed...

Second, Y U DO THAT TO SUCH AWESOME WHEELS?!? It makes my eyes gush blood... Not to mention, Z3 wheels just don't fit quite right on an E46.
I make the wheels fit the car rather then the car fit the wheels
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #58
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
I make the wheels fit the car rather then the car fit the wheels
No, the wheel style doesn't fit the car. It REALLY doesn't fit when they are white.

*sigh*

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #59
MrGL2

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
I've been looking for a good example of z3m wheels on a lowered e46!

You sir are doing it right even though a majority of people here disagree but to each his own.

Love it bro !
MrGL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #60
L0standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
No, the wheel style doesn't fit the car. It REALLY doesn't fit when they are white.

*sigh*
Well that's why their on my car and not your, to each of their own right