E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.73 average.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #12761
325CiMaN

My Ride: 01 BMW 325ci 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer Creamer View Post
Also i had issue after i put amp wiring behind carpet, i had to use same colored 4 guage wires for ground and one for positive, i was testing with test light and it lit on both wires. It shouldnt matter that both wires were run through loom together or does magnetic field mix somehow. Amp still worked fine so i had no idea. I spent alot of hours running all wires perfectly so i cant think of anything but them running too close to each other but they are close at the amp hookup also, or does that not matter because the magnetic field isnt as strong as over a 4 foot stretch?
What does the wires Run ? Are they speaker wires?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
325CiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #12762
Beamer Creamer

My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325CiMaN View Post
What does the wires Run ? Are they speaker wires?

Main power for amp and ground from body to amp. Come on buddy who uses 4 gauge wire for speaker wire. Haha. I got crappy internet connect thru my iphone using hotspot to ipad. Takes awhile to get mail and send messages with hardly any bars connect way up north even for canada

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-06-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #12763
325CiMaN

Quote:
Main power for amp and ground from body to amp. Come on buddy who uses 4 gauge wire for speaker wire. Haha. I got crappy internet connect thru my iphone using hotspot to ipad. Takes awhile to get mail and send messages with hardly any bars connect way up north even for canada
I used 8 gauge... Lol ya your fine you shouldn't have any interference

Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #12764
02alpinebimmer

My Ride: Not a BMW:(
Posted it on cars.com...

Steve-ok

I can read/reset engine codes. (87 and up)
PM ME

-Steve OK-
02alpinebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #12765
Beamer Creamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325CiMaN View Post
I used 8 gauge... Lol ya your fine you shouldn't have any interference

K.I just couldnt see why they both lit the the test light. Thats fine though, couldnt be wired any cleaner.I know i run same type of setup in every other vehicle but i blew my amp anyway i think. Gotta check it out when im back home. I just had to max it out. Rockford 800a2 @ 1 ohm pushin 1, 12" boston g5. Oops
Old 10-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #12766
tehcbass

My Ride: bmw e46 323i
Send a message via Skype™ to tehcbass
today i filled my tanks and put more fvcking coolant...

still havnt found why its eating the coolant so fast...

taking it to the shop this weekend

Long Nights and Sandy Beaches
tehcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #12767
nike001

My Ride: Fergo
Got 75% through my transmission fluid change and my fill plug snapped in two as I was putting it back in.

I've got classes to be at on Monday & Tuesday, and BMW isn't open until Tuesday because of Columbus Day. Then, hopefully they even have the plug in stock. My life is great.

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #12768
Beamer Creamer

Ya i got one of those $135 2000 page beasts and still find stuff not in there. I was referring to other vehicles in the past. I dont test on beemer unless i know for sure. Cant afford to make an problems. I tapped into the passenger vanity mirror light circuit for my signal wire otherwise original still. Couldnt find better keyed power source then that without goin to engine compartment
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #12769
Beamer Creamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehcbass View Post
today i filled my tanks and put more fvcking coolant...

still havnt found why its eating the coolant so fast...

taking it to the shop this weekend
Buy coolant pressure tester and look Around on ground first. If nothin then keep pressure on and look in spark plug holes, might be hard without snake inspection camera. Then if nothing drain oil after letting car sit for awhile, coolant should come out first when you pull plug. What does your coolant look like and exhaust smell like?

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #12770
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Went out and tested my cornering theory...

Applies to:
"Yellow signs for suggested speed limit on curves"

I double it and then subtract 10mph from the total. Gives me a fun, safe driving experience without throwing everything in the car around.

Little bit more edge, barely holding on with the tires screaming every corner = only subtract 5mph.

Don't have the nerve to push it to the 2x mark, I really don't think the sedan can take that. I need sport seats for that too.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #12771
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Fixed ses light with a 20ohm resistor

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #12772
e46techtuner

My Ride: 2000 328i
I had my windshield tinted today, just a 5%, 9" visor.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #12773
Beamer Creamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post

Applies to:

I double it and then subtract 10mph from the total. Gives me a fun, safe driving experience without throwing everything in the car around.

Little bit more edge, barely holding on with the tires screaming every corner = only subtract 5mph.

Don't have the nerve to push it to the 2x mark, I really don't think the sedan can take that. I need sport seats for that too.
I know a person who 2 times or sometimes closer to 3 times corners. With m3. 2 times would be a nice mild press for your ride. Good to hear, enjoy. Also i would think you could prob do atleast 7 times in school zones to really max it. Haha. Its a joke of course

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-07-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #12774
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:

Applies to:

Depends where you live, and who made the signs, and what tires you have. Those are recommended speeds, but they can ticket you for exceeding them if they want to. Pretty much the only way to have fun with these cars on a public road is to find a road with high speed limit and tight turns. Those recommended speeds are usually designed for an average car, with legal tires, on a dry road. Your findings should be good safe fun for a bmw with decent tires on a dry road. You can probably go much faster once you get used to a specific corner - but always err on the side of safety - you only die once. And keep in mind, other drivers, and limited visibility going round a corner. You are not on a race track - you need to keep enough reserve to dodge oncoming traffic drifting into the wrong lane, and kids who might be playing in the road. Single lane highway on and off ramps are usually a safe place to play
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #12775
tehcbass

My Ride: bmw e46 323i
Send a message via Skype™ to tehcbass
Quote:
Buy coolant pressure tester and look Around on ground first. If nothin then keep pressure on and look in spark plug holes, might be hard without snake inspection camera. Then if nothing drain oil after letting car sit for awhile, coolant should come out first when you pull plug. What does your coolant look like and exhaust smell like?
im going to do the oil change soon so ill be able to see if theres coolant in there..

my coolant looks normal, color wise. And my exhaust smells normal too..

i think its the o ring by the radiator cap

Long Nights and Sandy Beaches
tehcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #12776
325CiMaN

I'm currently getting ready for paint prepping the little lady my self, to save on a little money.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #12777
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
I know a person who 2 times or sometimes closer to 3 times corners. With m3. 2 times would be a nice mild press for your ride. Good to hear, enjoy. Also i would think you could prob do atleast 7 times in school zones to really max it. Haha. Its a joke of course
I should be more specific, advisory limits on corners are what I am referring to.

A lot of the corners around here vary from 20-50mph. If someone can do nearly 150 around a corner.. They should kiss their ass goodbye! Lmao!

Obviously I'm not going to exceed the speed limit by very much, that would be considered racing! Lol. But I can do 40mph around a curve, when the advisory speed says 25mph and the main limit is 55mph.

It's always funny watching a tailgater try to keep up.

Last edited by RKiepper; 10-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #12778
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Brand new Saleri water pump and BMW coolant installed... my car is finally quiet.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #12779
jpbutler1983

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Quote:
I should be more specific, advisory limits on corners are what I am referring to.

A lot of the corners around here vary from 20-50mph. If someone can do nearly 150 around a corner.. They should kiss their ass goodbye! Lmao!

Obviously I'm not going to exceed the speed limit by very much, that would be considered racing! Lol. But I can do 40mph around a curve, when the advisory speed says 25mph and the main limit is 55mph.

I have a roundabout near my house that unwind into an s-curve... Posted speed is 35. But 70 is so much more exhilarating!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #12780
Beamer Creamer

Quote:

We dont have advised speeds in canada. And i would never drive faster then the speed signs. Thats illegal. There could be kids chasing a ball out in the country too. I bought m3 for the body style whatever you guys do dont drift a cloverleaf all the way in damp pavement and smoothly pull out of it. It doesnt matter how in control it feels. And dont go by peoples facial expressions or you wont know what is acceptable( one smiling and thumbs up, next one the finger and scowl of jealousy

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-07-2012 at 02:37 PM.