E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #61
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Hey Ben...how much am I going to owe you to bring a barrel of VP110 down Lol I get to drive around for a while waiting for my tank to go empty...hate that but w/e.

Mike how much fuel did you use last time?
Transport is free but you gotta burn thru it on sat as I'm not staying for Sunday. Think I'm going to willow Sunday.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #62
323tom

My Ride: 2 turbo e46's
That's why e85 is the way to go :p
Quote:
Hey Ben...how much am I going to owe you to bring a barrel of VP110 down Lol I get to drive around for a while waiting for my tank to go empty...hate that but w/e.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #63
Dreikraft

When's the next corn pilgrimage?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #64
323tom

When's the next time u over pay 5x for fuel that spools slower? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
When's the next corn pilgrimage?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #65
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
That's why e85 is the way to go :p
I'll go E85 when there is an EMS solution that I'm 100% comfortable with...I agree it has many advantages and I look forward to playing with it when the time comes...hopefully soon.

And yes it is definitely the way to go.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #66
325CiMaN

My Ride: 01 BMW 325ci 3.0L
I'm trying to go with my bud who has a M3 HPF 2.5 kit with the new 6466 turbo making almost 800rwhp on c16 with Meth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
325CiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #67
Dreikraft

Quote:
When's the next time u over pay 5x for fuel that spools slower? lol
November 10th... Duh.
C16 spools slower than e85? First I heard of that but you missed my point. My point was whether your high boost tune requires ethanol or leaded fuel you will have to bring it with you. It will not be readily available. Which was why your quote post made zero sense as you need to travel so far for ethanol.
325CiMan - do I know you? The car doesn't make nearly that much power.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #68
325CiMaN

My Ride: 01 BMW 325ci 3.0L
Quote:
November 10th... Duh.
C16 spools slower than e85? First I heard of that but you missed my point. My point was whether your high boost tune requires ethanol or leaded fuel you will have to bring it with you. It will not be readily available. Which was why your quote post made zero sense as you need to travel so far for ethanol.
Oh Ya! that's right isn't it mid 7 something? And ya we've never met but I'm Ron Hans friend, the one that got your 95 a tow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
325CiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #69
323tom

Yes it does spool slower than c16, I've seen dyno comparisons same car model/same turbo setup just different fuel...that's what the flex fuel sensor is for lol you don't have to worry as it safely goes to the highest boost level based on your ethanol content, if I was in the states there no way in hell I would pay for race gas and meth when e85 is so damn cheap...just wait another season, once hpf gets this aem infinity up and running almost every hpf car will have e85...what do you have against the pro efi Kenton? i have nothing bad to say about it?
Quote:
November 10th... Duh.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #70
Dreikraft

Post the dyno comparisons. Quit using LOL as punctuation. Worse than my niece.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #71
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Its pretty common knowledge that E85 out spools pretty much any gasoline. However C16 + Meth I'm not sure of.. however I'd be willing to bet (depending on the volume of meth) it also out spools that as well. It however is not all that available, and is more difficult to acquire then race gas when not available in your area. I'll likely be towing 10g of E85 down to Coligna in my X5 and might drive the M3 down on a mix of E85 and pump.. getting it down to about 1/2 tank when I get there filling the rest up with E85 and winding up with likely a 70% Ethanol content which is enough for me to make full power.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #72
323tom

Larry had posted one on fanatics before if I recall and before I went pro efi I did my research on e85 and found dyno comparisons, if you would like to know which spools better go do your own research.. Also race gas is definitely easier to find but again that price is ridiculous how much does it cost you to fill your car up full? I'm not using lol as punctuation in using it when I think something is funny, don't get your panties in a bunch there I was just pulling Kenton's leg..
Quote:
Post the dyno comparisons. Quit using LOL as punctuation. Worse than my niece.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #73
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Yes it does spool slower than c16, I've seen dyno comparisons same car model/same turbo setup just different fuel...that's what the flex fuel sensor is for lol you don't have to worry as it safely goes to the highest boost level based on your ethanol content, if I was in the states there no way in hell I would pay for race gas and meth when e85 is so damn cheap...just wait another season, once hpf gets this aem infinity up and running almost every hpf car will have e85...what do you have against the pro efi Kenton? i have nothing bad to say about it?
I don't have a good vibe...I remain open on the idea. We'll leave any of that out of this thread please. Eventually I'll make a decision...just not ready to tie up my car with it until I have all the cards in front of me.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 10-07-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #74
Dreikraft

Quote:
Larry had posted one on fanatics before if I recall and before I went pro efi I did my research on e85 and found dyno comparisons, if you would like to know which spools better go do your own research.. Also race gas is definitely easier to find but again that price is ridiculous how much does it cost you to fill your car up full? I'm not using lol as punctuation in using it when I think something is funny, don't get your panties in a bunch there I was just pulling Kenton's leg..
if you make a statement say for example... e85 costs 5x less than c16 for example. ($2.70/gallon anywhere outside of the cornbelt is hard to believe) then you better back it up. same goes for spool qualities of fuel. i didnt make the assertion... you did.

Quote:
I don't have a good vibe...I remain open on the idea. We'll leave any of that out of this thread please. Eventually I'll make a decision...just not ready to tie up my car with it until I have all the cards in front of me.
agreed. topic for another thread.
anyway, kenton let me know if your going for sure and how much 110 you want me to pick up..
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #75
dan avoN7

My Ride: A car
Quote:
if you make a statement say for example... e85 costs 5x less than c16 for example. ($2.70/gallon anywhere outside of the cornbelt is hard to believe) then you better back it up. same goes for spool qualities of fuel. i didnt make the assertion... you did.
While there are always exceptions to the rule, I would say he was fairly accurate.

Going off of VP Racing's website.. C16 is listed at $97.25 for a 5 gallon drum (Link http://www.vpracingfuels.com/racing-fuel)

I was at Sunol Super Stop (gas station off Andrade near the Sunol grade on 680) a couple days ago and E85 was only $3.30 per gallon. Going off those prices that puts e85 at almost 6x less per gallon Of course you can find cheaper prices for C16, but even at the lowest I've seen 5 gallon pails sell for (~$75) that still puts e85 ~4.5x less than VP C16.

Last edited by dan avoN7; 10-07-2012 at 10:53 PM.
dan avoN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #76
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:

Last time was pretty much a flop for me. I only was courageous enough for a few runs, so I can't really tell you how much fuel you will need. I plan on bringing about 20 gallons, but doubt I will use more than 10 in two days....

I am happy to report that my car is running better than it ever has. The amount of traction now is unbelievable!

Quote:
I'll go E85 when there is an EMS solution that I'm 100% comfortable with...I agree it has many advantages and I look forward to playing with it when the time comes...hopefully soon.

And yes it is definitely the way to go.
I agree, as of right now, the ProEFI doesn't seem very plug and play and hearing reports of idling issues doesn't help. I'll be waiting for HPF to perfect it with the Infinity before I make any decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
While there are always exceptions to the rule, I would say he was fairly accurate.

Going off of VP Racing's website.. C16 is listed at $97.25 for a 5 gallon drum (Link http://www.vpracingfuels.com/racing-fuel)

I was at Sunol Super Stop (gas station off Andrade near the Sunol grade on 680) a couple days ago and E85 was only $3.30 per gallon. Going off those prices that puts e85 at almost 6x less per gallon Of course you can find cheaper prices for C16, but even at the lowest I've seen 5 gallon pails sell for (~$75) that still puts e85 ~4.5x less than VP C16.
Those quoted prices are absurd. I pay anywhere from $45 to $60 for 5 gallons of either VP or a brand I can't think of the name of right now, either 110 or 112 octane. That's all you need for the HPF cars...

EDIT: The other brand is F&L Racing Fuel

Last edited by MSpired; 10-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.
MSpired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #77
Dreikraft

Glad to hear your car is running well mike. I think discussing e85 vs leaded fuel in another thread as cw suggested is a good idea.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #78
VetteFish

My Ride: 08 Z06
Cool shot from the last event...

Posted at www.facebook.com/shifts3ctor

08 Z06 - Cammed
04 E55 - Pullied
VetteFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #79
Commanderwiggin

Booked for both days Should be fun. I'll most likely need around 15gal of 110 Ben...lemme know the price and if you can pick them up. I can Paypal you or cash w/e works best.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #80
Dreikraft

Quote:
Booked for both days Should be fun. I'll most likely need around 15gal of 110 Ben...lemme know the price and if you can pick them up. I can Paypal you or cash w/e works best.
ill let you know what i find on pricing.
when is the car due in the states?