E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 148 votes, 4.36 average.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #279181
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #279182
briangl92

Old 10-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #279183
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC

Cruising around with my buddy from high school yesterday

Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #279184
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #279185
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC View Post

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/tkc330cic/bimmers2.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/tkc330cic/bimmers.jpg/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #279186
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
hi
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #279187
TKC

Anyone wanna go cruising later? Anyone down to put my gopro on ur car while I ride the moto behind you?

I jus wanna get a little more video of me and the bike before I sell her.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #279188
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I'm so pissed right now. Gaffigan was at the Gotham Comedy Club when I was there...and I did a joke about the Immaculate Conception...and said exactly the same thing practically...like Mary explaining to Joseph about her being pregnant.

2 weeks after the same show, a Daily Show person mentioned using Benjamin Color Chips to figure out if people in PA should be able to vote, and also, Tosh did a joke calling the Virgin Mary a slut. Maybe it's coincidence...maybe it's a ruthless business and that comedians with a show take what they can get.

Good thing is at least it confirms that some of my humor is funny. Sorry...I know this isn't OT...thanks for letting me decompress! (like you had a choice...oh, actually, I guess you do. Please don't ban me like others!)

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #279189
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I'm so pissed right now. Gaffigan was at the Gotham Comedy Club when I was there...and I did a joke about the Immaculate Conception...and said exactly the same thing practically...like Mary explaining to Joseph about her being pregnant.

2 weeks after the same show, a Daily Show person mentioned using Benjamin Color Chips to figure out if people in PA should be able to vote, and also, Tosh did a joke calling the Virgin Mary a slut. Maybe it's coincidence...maybe it's a ruthless business and that comedians with a show take what they can get.

Good thing is at least it confirms that some of my humor is funny. Sorry...I know this isn't OT...thanks for letting me decompress! (like you had a choice...oh, actually, I guess you do. Please don't ban me like others!)

Sorry to hear that. Is there any footage of that show like you had of the other one?

But hey, if it was good enough for Jim to take a piece, at least you're on the right track . Imitation is sincerest form of plagiarism or something, right?

If it makes you feel better, I've heard many variations of that joke for quite a while. Along the lines of "what's more likely. A virgin birth or that a loose woman named Mary lied to her husband". So, it really comes down to the presentation. Did you feel that Jim's was very similar to yours? Or was it just a joke on the same topic?

As a side note, the Immaculate Conception refer's to Mary's birth, not Jesus's virgin birth.

Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #279190
briangl92

Well that didn't take long...more of BMW's stellar reliability on display

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/05/b...eng/#continued
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #279191
TKC

Lulz

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=949191
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #279192
briangl92

Quote:
Scandinavian flick FTL
Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #279193
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post

Sorry to hear that. Is there any footage of that show like you had of the other one?

But hey, if it was good enough for Jim to take a piece, at least you're on the right track . Imitation is sincerest form of plagiarism or something, right?

If it makes you feel better, I've heard many variations of that joke for quite a while. Along the lines of "what's more likely. A virgin birth or that a loose woman named Mary lied to her husband". So, it really comes down to the presentation. Did you feel that Jim's was very similar to yours? Or was it just a joke on the same topic?

As a side note, the Immaculate Conception refer's to Mary's birth, not Jesus's virgin birth.
I take it you guys have all heard the classic Sam Kinnison bit about Jesus and the apostles etc,? One if my all time faves.

Last edited by hizhinezz; 10-07-2012 at 11:58 PM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #279194
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:

Does he work there or post there often on the weekends? I want to say I've seen that car there more than once (I'm assuming e46 is yours).
Old 10-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #279195
dmax

Quote:

My last show on youtube is under "doggy max" coz my friend can't spell!

In my show in NYC I actually talked about Mary talking to Joseph...or something like that...but Gaffigan was there that night performing...

There was a professional comedy writer there performing and she hung with me and my friends afterwards for a while...but I did my Ben Moore bit at gotham, and then 2 weeks later it's on the daily show.

I guess the virgin mary isn't new comedy material, but I don't believe in coincidences...and not three within a few weeks. I have to keep my eyes open and mouth closed!

Mary was immaculately conceived...I thought that was Jesus' conception. You sure about that?

So Jesus comes from Mary and Joseph, not mary and an invisible rapist named God? I'm a horrible Christian, so I don't know!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #279196
Devious21

Quote:
My last show on youtube is under "doggy max" coz my friend can't spell!
haha, cool I'll check that out.

Quote:
Mary was immaculately conceived...I thought that was Jesus' conception. You sure about that?

So Jesus comes from Mary and Joseph, not mary and an invisible rapist named God? I'm a horrible Christian, so I don't know!
Okay, so the immaculate conception is referring to Mary. Her birth was also a miracle because she was born without original sin.

Jesus being born from a virgin is just the Virgin Birth. I don't know if there's some other dogmatic buzzword for it. So Jesus was extra "holy" since Mary was never "defiled" and she was born "immaculately" without original sin.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #279197
Devious21

Here we go. Wikipedia to the rescue:

"The virginal conception of Jesus by Mary is at times confused with the Roman Catholic Church teaching of her "Immaculate Conception", namely Mary's conception by her mother and father in the normal way, but free from original sin.[16] While the Virgin birth of Jesus relates to the nativity of Jesus, the Immaculate Conception relates to the nativity of Mary. The Roman Catholic doctrine of Mary's Immaculate Conception has been defined as follows: "The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Saviour of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin."[17]"

Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #279198
dmax

Quote:
haha, cool I'll check that out.

Okay, so the immaculate conception is referring to Mary. Her birth was also a miracle because she was born without original sin.

Jesus being born from a virgin is just the Virgin Birth. I don't know if there's some other dogmatic buzzword for it. So Jesus was extra "holy" since Mary was never "defiled" and she was born "immaculately" without original sin.
So Mary was born of a virgin mother and she herself never had sex with Joseph...Jesus just came about. Must run in the family!

IDK...definitely something is up with that! Personally, my theory is that Mary had sex with an Egyptian...and as she knew the baby would be darker, she had to scramble for a cover story...she was raped by some invisible guy who she assumed was god.

A recent set

Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #279199
dmax

Quote:
Here we go. Wikipedia to the rescue:

"The virginal conception of Jesus by Mary is at times confused with the Roman Catholic Church teaching of her "Immaculate Conception", namely Mary's conception by her mother and father in the normal way, but free from original sin.[16] While the Virgin birth of Jesus relates to the nativity of Jesus, the Immaculate Conception relates to the nativity of Mary. The Roman Catholic doctrine of Mary's Immaculate Conception has been defined as follows: "The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Saviour of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin."[17]"
Cross posted. Thanks for that! So Mary wasn't from a virgin mom, she just got papers saying she was 'clean.' Nice!

A recent set

Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #279200
Devious21

Quote:
Cross posted. Thanks for that! So Mary wasn't from a virgin mom, she just got papers saying she was 'clean.' Nice!
Yes, exactly. The "immaculate" refers to her not be assumed a heathen by god from birth, unlike the rest of us filthy sodomites.

Last edited by Devious21; 10-07-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Tags
>implying the e9x is good, '02-'05 grandpas, '06 gods, '07 og's, '08 n00bs, '09 working class, '10 plebeians, '11 master race, '11 peasants, class of, norcal, norcal gen chaaaaat, norcal general chat