E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
dinan19

My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
By next year, your car will not depreciate $2000...

The fact that it's a ZHP that you found for under $9000 is impressive enough. Assuming it's well maintained, you can easily sell it again to the right person looking for that car.

Before you drive it, I'd consider restoring that thing to the best shape possible. I.e, repairing/replacing mechanical parts, as well as cosmetics such as a good buffing + paint correction etc.
Finally someone with some positive attitude. Yeah i have alot of time since im not driving it for the next year and ive done some paint correction on a few panels with my pc polisher and its coming out unbelievable. The true gloss is finally back with Megs 105/205 combo but im doing it slowly day buy day because i want it perfect. I also just got done installing lenses, angel eyes, tailights etc. and lots of little things. I also have reconditioned and lifted the alcantara grain so its soft again. Once my coby wheel gets here this week ill post a bunch of pics.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #22
dinan19

I took a pic tonight of the khoalty angel eyes but was not able to capture how white and crisp they look. Oh well heres a pic anyway and i know they look blue but there not. For some reason the camera just makes them look blue but they are white.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
threecoupe

My Ride: hates potholes
congrats, looks very nice. looks almost like how my sienna looks now. love red e46s.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #24
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by threecoupe View Post
congrats, looks very nice. looks almost like how my sienna looks now. love red e46s.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

What is this guy trying to say about your zhp compared to his sienna?
Hes trying to get at you
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
threecoupe

My Ride: hates potholes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPinthe103 View Post
What is this guy trying to say about your zhp compared to his sienna?
Hes trying to get at you

nah, just saying it looks clean, like how id want my car to look.. and under that lighting the colors look quite similar.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
dinan19

Thanks man the plate delete should be here this afternoon and I'll take some more pics so you can see how she's looking. I'll post them on this thread stay tuned!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #27
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Congrats. Sounds like you know what you're doing...it will look fantastic with the new mods.
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
Shake

My Ride: IS
Send a message via AIM to Shake
That's a pretty decent deal. It's hard to find ZHPs for under 10k.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPIN3 View Post
Congrats. Sounds like you know what you're doing...it will look fantastic with the new mods.
Thanks brotha. Ok so here are the pictures I took today. The car has been completely clay bared and I have also done some paint correction on the trunk and hood.

Tail lights.
Photobucket

UUC motorwerks shift knob.
Photobucket

Hood 50% correction with M105 and orange pad. Still have to go over it with M205.
Photobucket

License plate delete, clear corners, side markers and new lenses.
Photobucket

And finally got a good picture of the Khoalty angel eyes. I took the picture with less exposure and thats the best i could get. I also installed the fade on/off feature.
Photobucket

Thats all for now let me know what you think.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #30
mexsir

My Ride: E46 320 M sport
Looks awesome man, love the mtech 2 with the clears and licence plate delete.
In for some pics of the interior, with the sexy black cubes.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #31
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
im jelly. Looks really nice

Whered you got all the stuff from
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #32
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPinthe103 View Post
im jelly. Looks really nice

Whered you got all the stuff from
Thanks bro. I got all the lighting from khoalty and the plate delete from bav auto. Ordered the shift knob straight from uuc. To other poster i will take pics of the inside when my cobt wheel gets here tommorow.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #33
got330ci?

My Ride: Topaz330ci
Great progress...I've held off on the mod bug but your thread is starting to give me an itch. lol Beautiful job...btw is there a dyi for said "paint correction" you're doing. How can i do this?

BMW.
got330ci? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #34
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by got330ci? View Post
Great progress...I've held off on the mod bug but your thread is starting to give me an itch. lol Beautiful job...btw is there a dyi for said "paint correction" you're doing. How can i do this?
There may be a DiY but I didn't go by any instructions. However I have always be really picky about how my paint looks on my vehicles and just learned to always drive the car with microfibers but I would always get swirls and it really bugged me. So this is what I did... First buy yourself a porter cable 7424xp. It's a really safe user friendly power polisher and it's what I use. Then do some searching on google or autogeek.com and learn the basics of paint correction and also search YouTube about how to make section passes and so forth. I have found great results so far using the me guitars m105/m205 combo with the polisher using the orange pad with 105, then use the white pad with 205 and that will give you a nice finish followed by hand wax of your juice. Remember different colored bads or more or less abrasive so you'll have to play with the pads depending on what color your car is. Hope that helps let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #35
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Looks great. Tasteful modifications are underway.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #37
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Surprised at you people that believe a ZHP purchased for under $9k, not being driven, but getting maintenance is going to drop $2k. These cars are in the last 30% of depreciation, it's slow from here if the car is in good shape.

Nice find. You're going to love it when you can cruise again.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #38
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
Looks great. Tasteful modifications are underway.
Yeah I agree there's not much you can do about that. Everyone has there own opinion and that's also the great thing about the forum. And yes I plan to continue to do tastefull modifications and I plan to throw some polished step lipped wheels but not sure which yet. Also suspension and keep going and going haha.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #39
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
Yeah I agree there's not much you can do about that. Everyone has there own opinion and that's also the great thing about the forum. And yes I plan to continue to do tastefull modifications and I plan to throw some polished step lipped wheels but not sure which yet. Also suspension and keep going and going haha.
I like you

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #40
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post
Surprised at you people that believe a ZHP purchased for under $9k, not being driven, but getting maintenance is going to drop $2k. These cars are in the last 30% of depreciation, it's slow from here if the car is in good shape.

Nice find. You're going to love it when you can cruise again.
I know all I have done is just take it around the block and it's very hard not being able to actually enjoy the car yet. But for what I have driven it around the block the suspension is very planted and stiff. Also from first to second gear it really has a lot of power and I was suprised because I thought it would be slower than my previous z4 but now I'm not quite so sure. The only thing keeping my sanity from not driving it is taken care of it and the mods.