E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
DE46M3guy

My Ride: E46 M3
Best tune/chip for E46 M3

What's the best tune for E46 M3's?
DE46M3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
stock tune
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
DE46M3guy

-_-
Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE46M3guy View Post
-_-
lol on a serious note search the bimmerworld epic tune as well as the shark injector .. you should be content with info for now
Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
DE46M3guy

I saw the shark I wasn't to crazy about it, I was thinking the AA performance chip
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Beamer Creamer

My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
They all suck for m3 . U only gain 6 hp or some lame number like that. Save the money and use sport mode
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Evolve is suppose to nice. Lots of great reviews. AA just started making a handheld device so you don't need to ship out your ECU anymore. But a tune is pointless if you don't have other mods. The only main reason for it is if you have headers and need the SES light turned off.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #8
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Just realized this thread is 3 years old. Lol hope you got you wanted OP. this Creamer guy keeps bumping old threads.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 AM   #9
Beamer Creamer

My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
Ya. Im just amusing myself i guess. Never done any social shtuff b4 . Dont know how to use and why are u here?

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
DE46M3guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Just realized this thread is 3 years old. Lol hope you got you wanted OP. this Creamer guy keeps bumping old threads.
3 months buddy.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
lucky_doggg7

My Ride: 2005 M3
The "best tune" depends on the region one lives, and the purpose one is using the car for. Here in SoCal, everyone must pass a tail pipe test at 15 and 25 mph on a rolling dyno, including a series of diagnostics when the smog device machine plugs into the OBD II port. More about this here in California, do any of the following and failing the bi-yearly smog test will occur:
1. No catalytic converters = FAIL
2. Turning off post cat O2 Sensers = FAIL
3. Agressive tunes contributing to adding hydrocarbons & Nox at low RPM = FAIL
4. Alpha N = FAIL
5. Visual "give a ways", i.e., intakes, SC's etc = FAIL

I have a stock air box with a MS filter, CSL headers, euro cats and I pass the tail pipe test using iridium plugs, as iridium plugs fire just a bit hotter to reduce the hydrocarbon content in the exhaust stream, and the software loaded into the ECU is ESS; I have passed the emissions test every time. My stock air box keeps suspicious minds at bay.

Now, for those living out of California where emissions testing is less stringent, using hot tunes like Evolve and Bimmerworld/EPIC tune may satisfy others. I have communicated to some on other Forums who have used ESS and then the Evolve tunes, and his comment was that there was not alot of feel between them, but if you're one of those guys that must have the best thing, it is my understanding that Evolve makes the best street tune, and EPIC makes the best track tune. About EPIC, that tune assumes the driver is very astute and monitors the gauges constantly because some safety measures relating to engine heat are turned off, so again, peform your research and choose carefully. Cheers all.
lucky_doggg7 is offline   Reply With Quote