E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #41
dinan19

My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I like you
Haha nice man I just tell it like it is and just wanna make this vehicle look and perform good while being classy.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #42
got330ci?

My Ride: Topaz330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
There may be a DiY but I didn't go by any instructions. However I have always be really picky about how my paint looks on my vehicles and just learned to always drive the car with microfibers but I would always get swirls and it really bugged me. So this is what I did... First buy yourself a porter cable 7424xp. It's a really safe user friendly power polisher and it's what I use. Then do some searching on google or autogeek.com and learn the basics of paint correction and also search YouTube about how to make section passes and so forth. I have found great results so far using the me guitars m105/m205 combo with the polisher using the orange pad with 105, then use the white pad with 205 and that will give you a nice finish followed by hand wax of your juice. Remember different colored bads or more or less abrasive so you'll have to play with the pads depending on what color your car is. Hope that helps let me know if you have any questions.
It's deff. enough info for a good start. I have a few buffers so i'll try with those for now. Now to purchase said compounds tommorow and take it from there. I will deff. hit you up if complications arise. Thanks!

BMW.
got330ci? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #43
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by got330ci? View Post
It's deff. enough info for a good start. I have a few buffers so i'll try with those for now. Now to purchase said compounds tommorow and take it from there. I will deff. hit you up if complications arise. Thanks!
Ok first when you just said I have some buffers that worries me. You should find out what buffer you have whether it's a dual action polisher, rotary, or just an orbital buffer which is useless and better known as a wax spreader because it doesn't have enough power to really do any correction or remove clear coat. I can't stress this enough because I would hate to see you get upset if your using the wrong polisher especially if your just learning. Rotors = lots of power and for an experience user and not forgiving. Dual action polisher= less power and uses the oscillating motion which makes it safe and user friendly for begginers and also professionals and it forgiving but still has plenty of power do do plenty of correction. So let me know what you got.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #44
dinan19

Ok so here's the new steering wheel from Coby wheel! Just finished the install and it came out perfect. Michael over at coby wheel really knows how to take care of people and has excellent craftsmanship. Heres a few pictures taken from my phone.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Old 10-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #45
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
Ok so here's the new steering wheel from Coby wheel! Just finished the install and it came out perfect. Michael over at coby wheel really knows how to take care of people and has excellent craftsmanship. Heres a few pictures taken from my phone.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was similarly impressed with my coby wheel. I've had it for close to a year now and it looks great. The tiny non OEM differences really are tiny. Great restoration mod for our aging ZHPs
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #46
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post
I was similarly impressed with my coby wheel. I've had it for close to a year now and it looks great. The tiny non OEM differences really are tiny. Great restoration mod for our aging ZHPs
Yeah i totally agree. My armrest should be here next week hes wrapping thay too.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #47
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Imola Red is pure awesome!!
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #48
CRS325ci

My Ride: 1999 323is E36
Car looks amazing! Good work on the paint
CRS325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #49
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS325ci View Post
Car looks amazing! Good work on the paint
Thanks brotha my back has been killing me so yesterday the steering wheel install was a nice change from having to stoop over with the polisher, but im gonna do some more panels and take some pics!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #50
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.k View Post
Imola Red is pure awesome!!
I agree. coming from black and silver bmw's its def a nice change. I like your signature car, it looks money!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #51
dinan19

Ok so im dead tired but managed to take pic of the fender and slight part of the hood. I have gone over the whole car with m105 and an orange pad. I did one pass with m205 and a white pad and this corner is what the rest of the car will look like when i finish tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350018772736.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	473543  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #52
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
Looks like a lighter red...closer to the pinker spectrum
Old 10-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #53
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPinthe103 View Post
Looks like a lighter red...closer to the pinker spectrum
Well the storm light is shining right on the fender so that could be why. But I def see what your saying. When I turned of the light it looks pretty good though and not pink like ur saying. I'll take some pics tomorrow and see if I can get an overall shot.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #54
dinan19

Update With Pictures!

Hey guys its been awile since i update my build thread so here are some pictures of the new wheels on with the rokkor coilovers. The wheels are esm 004, 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. Also added 15mm spacers to the front. The ride height is different in some of the pictures because i have been adjusting the collars and playing with the height.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #55
dinan19

come on no feedback? Ive been working my butt off on this baby! lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #56
nlav26

My Ride: 2001 330i
omg sooo hot
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #57
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlav26 View Post
omg sooo hot
Thanks mang! lol the rear is giving me hell though, I still have to roll them cuz if i go over a penny it rubs haha.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #58
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Oh wow that is stunning! And no sunroof just like mine.

I think I'm in love

"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #59
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Oh wow that is stunning! And no sunroof just like mine.

I think I'm in love
haha i know after the paint correction and the wheels and suspension im even in love with it now. Yeah thats why i havent been on here for a long while because ive just been continuing on the car non stop.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #60
lamsv

My Ride: 2001 325iT
I have been debating if I really wanted to get the wheels I've always wanted for my car... "played out" LM replicas. Seeing your car? Yes. Yes I do!

Look absolutely fantastic! Very classy!

What are your tire sizes?
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote