E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.73 average.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #12821
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
My friend is a pro detailer and he showed me the fine art of steaming the interior. And he just handed it over to me and I went nuts. Steamed the seatbelts too. It's an actual steam wand that emits pure steam. No liquid. so theres no messy wet soapy mess to deal with. The heat kills bacteria which kills odors. My interior looked great before but now looks immaculate x10. It just gives everything a consistent matte finish exactly the way it looked from the factory. definitely going to buy one for myself. The steam just melts everything away... we even steamed my trunk keyhole.... :-p

This is the exact one we used:

Amazon.com - Wagner 915 Steamer
...wow this is another level. I steam-cleaned my carpets and I thought you meant this same but this is something else. I'd love to try it. I steam my shirts and the steam emitted from my unit is hot enough to burn your hands.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #12822
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
yes. man for $99 you can't beat it. this would work wonders at home too. i would go nuts cleaning everything. i even gently dabbed at the head liner (scrubbing it hard would ruin it) and it removed a couple of grease stains from when I did my sunroof repair. My vent flaps are all pristine. So much black came off my interior even though i "clean" it weekly. was amazed. steam is powerful!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #12823
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
I would love to try this. I would probably go crazy as well. I'd love to steam the headliner.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #12824
ExcelonGT

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP 6-speed
safe to steam the Alcantara in the ZHP? my grey seats are starting to look kinda brownish (eww)

Last edited by ExcelonGT; 10-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.
ExcelonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #12825
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelonGT View Post
safe to steam the Alcantara in the ZHP? my grey seats are starting to look kinda brownish (eww)
I don't see why not. Once I get this steamer, you guys will see a thread "I just steamed my entire suspension and undercarriage"

I did attack it with simple green while I had my car up on a lift over the weekend but it still looked dirty =( the grease and road grime is so stubborn. I doubt the steamer i linked from amazon is powerful enough for that but i will certainly try it. i understand they make commercial grade steamers meant for that purpose but they're $4,000 and half the size of a car

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #12826
SekouDATduD3

My Ride: 330Ci ZSP
Send a message via Yahoo to SekouDATduD3
I just finished up swapping out entire cooling system (radiator, water pump, themostat, etc.), oil filter housing, installed an ECS tuning pulley and an oil change with mobil 1 for good measure. I just got the car in May as an upgrade from my E36. Shes been good so I spoil her.
SekouDATduD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #12827
JTripper
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325ci
Thumbs Up Thanks to all 46'ers, just cause!

I Sea Foamed my car [02 325ci] just now, on my lunch break, and still got food! HA!!
Did it through the brake booster/vacuum line and the gas tank!
Noticed an immediate difference......... AND NO LIGHTS WENT OFF (check engine, EML etc)

Learned about it here, so I ahve to say Thank You to every E46 member just becuase. Every member has contributed something to help, to maintain, to save a buck useful or thought provoking!

Ride or DIE! #BavarianBeast #Gertrude is her name.
Fav car quote: "Maintenance before Mods"!

Trying to do this MOD asaphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-_o...rT_5bRlRc6GfPA

My lil Beast http://youtu.be/DT6FzACDskM
JTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #12828
JTripper
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325ci
Thumbs Up

Quote:
I don't see why not. Once I get this steamer, you guys will see a thread "I just steamed my entire suspension and undercarriage"

I did attack it with simple green while I had my car up on a lift over the weekend but it still looked dirty =( the grease and road grime is so stubborn. I doubt the steamer i linked from amazon is powerful enough for that but i will certainly try it. i understand they make commercial grade steamers meant for that purpose but they're $4,000 and half the size of a car
Hey Mango "the guru" whats cracking bossman:
Ever hear of "greased lightning"?, it used to come in a purple bottle, now its yellow! I swear by this stuff! Add that to your steamer and i almost guarantee whatever you clean with have renewed life.
I've detailed many of my cars with this. you can use it on any fabric, i clean my sneakers with it too- KEEPS THEM FRESH FOR YRS. I've gotten stains out of my silk shirts, revamped a cream interior (G35)- used it on the headiner too. I havent gotten around to using it on this new e46 baby in my fleet, the car came pretty clean. The interior is black only my headliner is gray, so no rush to clean 2 4mm spots. It can clean plastics, metals, woods, removes just about anything blood and wine too. [i even throw it in my laundry sometimes- white clothes only though]when using it on leather dilute it jusssst a liiiil bit. Not too much- when its in it's regular state out the bottle it works too well on light colored leathers- so move fast or you'll get lil spots that will appear brighter than the rest of the upholstery. I used to be able to buy it in auto zone, now i mostly only see it in family dollar.

Ride or DIE! #BavarianBeast #Gertrude is her name.
Fav car quote: "Maintenance before Mods"!

Trying to do this MOD asaphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-_o...rT_5bRlRc6GfPA

My lil Beast http://youtu.be/DT6FzACDskM
JTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #12829
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Quote:

THANKS for the idea mango, just ordered it. Going to go all out interior, exterior, brakes, under carriage and suspension.

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #12830
najsauto

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323CI
Thumbs Up Done

Today I changed out the stock mechanical belt tensioner for the hydraulic belt tensioner. Both belts changed!
najsauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #12831
sfcjetjr

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I got it that the steamer is good for getting the crud out. But where does the crud go when steaming?
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #12832
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
...you can steam my undercariage anytime.

Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #12833
Dr Dyme

My Ride: E46 2JZGTE
I washed her today.

but i did THIS (see below) 3 weeks ago. primer, paint and masking tape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120930_211231.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	473301   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121005_194538.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	473302  
Dr Dyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #12834
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTripper View Post
Hey Mango "the guru" whats cracking bossman:
Ever hear of "greased lightning"?, it used to come in a purple bottle, now its yellow! I swear by this stuff! Add that to your steamer and i almost guarantee whatever you clean with have renewed life.
I've detailed many of my cars with this. you can use it on any fabric, i clean my sneakers with it too- KEEPS THEM FRESH FOR YRS. I've gotten stains out of my silk shirts, revamped a cream interior (G35)- used it on the headiner too. I havent gotten around to using it on this new e46 baby in my fleet, the car came pretty clean. The interior is black only my headliner is gray, so no rush to clean 2 4mm spots. It can clean plastics, metals, woods, removes just about anything blood and wine too. [i even throw it in my laundry sometimes- white clothes only though]when using it on leather dilute it jusssst a liiiil bit. Not too much- when its in it's regular state out the bottle it works too well on light colored leathers- so move fast or you'll get lil spots that will appear brighter than the rest of the upholstery. I used to be able to buy it in auto zone, now i mostly only see it in family dollar.
Nope. I usually don't like to use too many products. I was advised to never ever ever add anything to the steamer. thanks for the tip though

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
THANKS for the idea mango, just ordered it. Going to go all out interior, exterior, brakes, under carriage and suspension.
wow. good man. let me know how it works. i'll be getting one myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
...you can steam my undercariage anytime.

sicko

wait... can dmax watch??

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #12835
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcjetjr View Post
I got it that the steamer is good for getting the crud out. But where does the crud go when steaming?
you use a rag to wipe down whatever you're cleaning/steaming. the steam just loosens the crap and you wipe it off

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #12836
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Passed inspection

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #12837
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
Mango sets such a good example
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #12838
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Quote:

wow. good man. let me know how it works. i'll be getting one myself
Mine comes tomorrow, ill probably do my brakes then. Undercarriage, probably on the weekend unless i don't have much homework tomorrow.

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #12839
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
Mine comes tomorrow, ill probably do my brakes then. Undercarriage, probably on the weekend unless i don't have much homework tomorrow.
you might want to soak the brakes in some powerful degreaser first. the steamer is more suited to interior and stuff. the brake stuff is really heavy duty grease!!!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #12840
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dyme View Post
I washed her today.

but i did THIS (see below) 3 weeks ago. primer, paint and masking tape.
2JZ in an E46, now I've seen everything