E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #41
MJ80

My Ride: E92 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossim3 View Post
3 months until 2013. You car isnt even up for sale so add another 1 month to that until its sold. So yeah, you arent in a position to even buy for at least 4 months

Its trivial because its not even a hard choice. If you had the money, there is no way you would buy an E46 M3 over a 335 in 2013 unless you were a 100% fanatic/enthusiast/collector which is obvious that you are neither.
lol because i have to have sold my 325i before i can purchase a new car and all ? i have two cars you muppet, i can sell the 325i whenever, or keep it for however long i want and not have bought the new car, i just drive the weekender. I dont need the cash from the sale of the 325i before i can upgrade and im not going to be without transport when it sells. Quit trying to be an armchair expert on my financial situation and piss of unless you actually have something to contribute to the topic.
MJ80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #42
Hazey82

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ80 View Post
lol because i have to have sold my 325i before i can purchase a new car and all ? i have two cars you muppet, i can sell the 325i whenever, or keep it for however long i want and not have bought the new car, i just drive the weekender. I dont need the cash from the sale of the 325i before i can upgrade and im not going to be without transport when it sells. Quit trying to be an armchair expert on my financial situation and piss of unless you actually have something to contribute to the topic.
This..lol
Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #43
aar0n_91

My Ride: 05 BMW325CI///MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanM3 View Post
Haha. Trying to eat lunch, pretend to be listening to a colleague and type on my phone all at the same time.. Multitasking fail!

Note Aaron, I'm not trying to have a go. Just saying I think there are 2 kinds of drivers, those who want refinement, luxury, usable power and reasonable handling but don't often out of their way to find a twisty road where they can have some fun and probably wouldn't consider tracking their car.

There are then the drivers who intentionally look for a route with twisty roads, go on specific drives to good roads, go to the track etc. and would prefer a raw handling car with great feel, raw sound over something newer.

Then is there a third kind of person who wants the best of both worlds. I think that's all of us but none of us can afford it
agreed...i dont go to the track or have any intention to now. as for twisty roads, the 335's ability to eat them up exceeds my driving ability so there is no problem there. i dont think im lewis hamilton!!

i love the tech and refinement of the 335 and its useable power. which is why it gets my vote =D

Quote:
This young buk knows what he is talking about. Besides the photo taking part. I doubt people take photos of 335. They are way too boring looking
i promise you they have. i too wondered why they were.........but this was back when the facelift vert JUST came out...........possibly BMW fanatics,

BMW 325 CI ///M-SPORT INDIVIDUAL
aar0n_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #44
rossim3

My Ride: myki
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ80 View Post
Apologies, my mistake, I did not realize you were part of the rinehart family.
Ill keep my mouth shut from now on and only converse with my own kind, ie members who own only 1 or less cars.

I'm no genius or mega rich mining magnate like urself but as money isnt an issue why not just get an e92 M3? Best of both worlds is it not?

Last edited by rossim3; 10-09-2012 at 03:47 AM.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #45
Jagged

My Ride: 330ci Msport
I was tossing up between the two cars as well. After speaking with my mechanic it all seemed to come down to a personal choice.

The M3 is more of a passion car and will cost that little extra to maintain / insure etc. However if you can get your hands on an unmolestered manual (not SMG) they are still a very reliable car to have for the short and long term.
The 335 is, of course, newer and is more of a tuners car. Yes it is not as special as the M3 but it is still a very fun and powerful beast (from what I have heard).

From my research I have found that the M3 is as much a reliable and fast car as the 335, only the 335 is newer. The main benefit of the 335 is that it is easier to find a lower milage, later model example which is more likely to last the longer term.

If I were to buy tomorrow it would be more a case of which ever popped up first as they are both a great car which both have their positives and negatives.

If you are more of a purist and would regret not buying an M3, get the M3.

Last edited by Jagged; 10-09-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #46
MJ80

My Ride: E92 335i M Sport
Quote:
Apologies, my mistake, I did not realize you were part of the rinehart family.
Ill keep my mouth shut from now on and only converse with my own kind, ie members who own only 1 or less cars.

I'm no genius or mega rich mining magnate like urself but as money isnt an issue why not just get an e92 M3? Best of both worlds is it not?
lol what is wrong with you dude seriously.

Who said money isnt an issue, where have i ever said anything of the like ? I have worked extremely hard since i left school in a relatively low income job. Theres a huge difference with budgeting 50K for my next car and 100K for an E 92 M3, your off your head ****.
MJ80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #47
DeclanM3

My Ride: 332Ci
Quote:
How come your username is purple?
I bought some parts off Tim330i and he missed sending them by a couple of days. As an apology he upgraded my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0n_91 View Post
agreed...i dont go to the track or have any intention to now. as for twisty roads, the 335's ability to eat them up exceeds my driving ability so there is no problem there. i dont think im lewis hamilton!!

i love the tech and refinement of the 335 and its useable power. which is why it gets my vote =D
Exactly. Nothing wrong with that at all. My point is that there are 2 kinds of drivers and depending on which kind of driver you are determines which of these 2 options is better for you.

To be clear, I don't drive my car very hard on the street. I save that for the track because I know my abilities and would prefer to push them in a controlled environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
BSCC members get that sh1t
Well there's that too! I'm more of a tag along than a member though

Quote:
Since when is an E46 M3 a super car?
Since I beat your mum in her e92 M3 round the track... Didn't you see my signature on her breast when she was feeding you?

DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #48
abbas_m3

My Ride: bmw m3
Quote:
Yeah an e46 m3 still looks better then an e9x 335 and sounds better then an e92 m3. Nothing beats the rasp of an e46 m3. You have to start getting into gallardo/f360/f430 territory to find something that sounds so amazing stock
I think amg cars sound pretty amazing stock also !!
abbas_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #49
rossim3

My Ride: myki
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbas_m3 View Post
I think amg cars sound pretty amazing stock also !!
hrmm, my dad reakons that cars like the Mercedes C63 AMG are just a german version of the ford commodore. Big Bogan V8 with a touch of german interior...

I guess that makes sense seeing as mercedes are now joining V8 super cars next year, but BMW are not....

Small cc v8's is where its at!!

Last edited by rossim3; 10-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #50
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Stay on topic...
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #51
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Stay on topic...

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #52
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
hrmm, my dad reakons that cars like the Mercedes C63 AMG are just a german version of the ford commodore. Big Bogan V8 with a touch of german interior...

I guess that makes sense seeing as mercedes are now joining V8 super cars next year, but BMW are not....

Small cc v8's is where its at!!
Just look at my username!

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #53
mpower_m3

My Ride: 335i M Sport
Send a message via MSN to mpower_m3
ating, if you sell your car, pm me. i'd like to check it out if your local..

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
05' TRD Aurion SL3500 - SOLD
mpower_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote