E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Specials and Sales

Site Sponsor Specials and Sales
Find out about the latest specials and sales from our site sponsors here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
lutzperformance
Lutz Performance-FL BMW F/I

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3, 04 Z06
Send a message via AIM to lutzperformance
Lutz Performance | KW V1 V2 & V3 SALE

KW V1 Specs:
  • Optimally pre-set
  • Sporty harmonious damping technology
  • Stainless steel technology "inox-line"*
  • Individually height-adjustable
  • Lowering range approved by the German Technical Control Board (TÜV)
  • Fully finished complete solutions
  • High-quality component parts for long durability
*Not for suspensions with spring strut modification (exchanged struts), these are only available in zinc-plated steel.

KW V2 Specs:
  • Damping technology with individually adjustable rebound
  • inox-line* stainless steel technology
  • Individually height adjustable
  • Adjustment parameters approved by the German Technical Control Board (TÜV)
  • Fully finished complete solution
  • High-quality components for long durability
  • Comprehensive documentation for easy use
*Not for suspensions with spring strut modification (exchanged struts), these are only available in zinc-plated steel.

KW V3 Specs:
  • Damping technology with individually adjustable rebound- and compression technology
  • inox-line* stainless steel technology
  • Individually height adjustable
  • Adjustment parameters approved by the German Technical Control Board (TÜV)
  • High-quality components for long durability
  • Infinitely variable rebound damping adjustment
  • 14-way adjustable compression damping
  • Unique, individually working damping force adjustment
  • Comprehensive documentation for easy use

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME WITH ANY QUESTION!
lutzperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
SEVEN40iL

My Ride: 740iL
Send a message via ICQ to SEVEN40iL
So what are the prices for the V3's?

All I see is "Save over $300.00"
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
How much for lowering springs on an 03 325ci coupe? Options?
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
lutzperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN40iL View Post
So what are the prices for the V3's?

All I see is "Save over $300.00"
I can definitely PM you a price as soon as I know the year make and model of the vehicle you need them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
There are several lowering springs available for your 325ci.
I will PM you the options and pricing
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
pkripon

My Ride: 325ci
please pm me the price for V1 & V2 pricing for 2002 325ci...thnx

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App
pkripon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
lutzperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkripon View Post
please pm me the price for V1 & V2 pricing for 2002 325ci...thnx

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App
You have a PM!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Putting lowering springs on an M3 is a terrible idea IMO. Not quite so bad doing it on a 325. Just realize that the stock Sachs shocks really are crap IMO. They HATE the extra stress of having to work harder when lowering springs are used. If you DO use springs never ever use Tein, go for some other brand that does not give a big of a drop and supports the front end better. Ideally, any lowering springs should be accompanied by Koni Yellow bodied shocks (for M3 at least. I dont know if its a different color for 325). The end result is not horrible. It can actually be OK, but ONLY if you buy a new set of premium performance shocks (NOT Sachs!)

But at that point, it makes much more sense to take advantage of a good sale like Lutz has and just get coil overs. You can corner balance with coil overs. Cant do that with springs. You can fine tune the drop for quicker or slower steering. Cant do that with springs.

Get the V1's if money is that tight.
You will never, ever be sorry you got a set of KW's. They will last a lifetime (with rebuilds) ad hold a great re sale value. Please resist the temptation to cheap it out with just springs. leave that for the Civic crowd. You can essentially ruin the handling of a BMW like i did with just a set of Teins. I had them OFF the car in 48 hours and a set of KW's expressed to me. I learned the hard way.

Coil overs is probably the best and most rewarding mod you can do to your car. The ride with KW's is better than stock IMO. At least on the M3. I hated the stock springs and shocks. its like they are disposable or something.

If anybody is on the fence, dont even think about it. get a set of KW's. They are such a great set up for the street and even the track. The progressive springs really do make a difference in ride comfort.

Last edited by Bdave; 10-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
lutzperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Putting lowering springs on an M3 is a terrible idea IMO. Not quite so bad doing it on a 325. Just realize that the stock Sachs shocks really are crap IMO. They HATE the extra stress of having to work harder when lowering springs are used. If you DO use springs never ever use Tein, go for some other brand that does not give a big of a drop and supports the front end better. Ideally, any lowering springs should be accompanied by Koni Yellow bodied shocks (for M3 at least. I dont know if its a different color for 325). The end result is not horrible. It can actually be OK, but ONLY if you buy a new set of premium performance shocks (NOT Sachs!)

But at that point, it makes much more sense to take advantage of a good sale like Lutz has and just get coil overs. You can corner balance with coil overs. Cant do that with springs. You can fine tune the drop for quicker or slower steering. Cant do that with springs.

Get the V1's if money is that tight.
You will never, ever be sorry you got a set of KW's. They will last a lifetime (with rebuilds) ad hold a great re sale value. Please resist the temptation to cheap it out with just springs. leave that for the Civic crowd. You can essentially ruin the handling of a BMW like i did with just a set of Teins. I had them OFF the car in 48 hours and a set of KW's expressed to me. I learned the hard way.

Coil overs is probably the best and most rewarding mod you can do to your car. The ride with KW's is better than stock IMO. At least on the M3. I hated the stock springs and shocks. its like they are disposable or something.

If anybody is on the fence, dont even think about it. get a set of KW's. They are such a great set up for the street and even the track. The progressive springs really do make a difference in ride comfort.
Couldn't of been put in better words, specially from someone who had lower spring and switched over to coilovers.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Lowering springs can cause excessive wheel hop and premature failure of your shocks/struts.. I wouldn't recommend them.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
SEVEN40iL

My Ride: 740iL
Send a message via ICQ to SEVEN40iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzperformance View Post
I can definitely PM you a price as soon as I know the year make and model of the vehicle you need them for.
2000 BMW 740iL E38
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
lutzperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN40iL View Post
2000 BMW 740iL E38
PM coming you way, give me 2 minutes
Old 10-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzperformance View Post
Couldn't of been put in better words, specially from someone who had lower spring and switched over to coilovers.
LOL, I could not get those Teins off my car fast enough. What a joke. I sold them immediately to a guy locally who is thought he would love them. He sold them too after while! I even tried to warn him. He wasnt having any of my advice (at the time!)

I want to help educate some of the guys who dont know, and support any outfit that offers a discount on probably the most desirable street(and track) coil overs made for BMWs. Good luck to the seller and all buyers. You cant go wrong with this buy unless you have a pretty serious track machine in which case I would recommend a linear spring set up like Motons, TCKline, AST, or KW Clubsport. Dont think about that too much. If you are in that group then you already have heavily researched all the options. For the VAST majority of us, look NO further than right here at Lutz and KW, V1, V2 or V3.(I am not affiliated in any way to Lutz. I dont even know a single employee there or much about them except what is posted here on the forum.)

KW Progressive, V1, V2 and V3 will take car of 95% or more of any guys wanting to have a MUCH better handling. looking and comfortable car. No matter what set of coilovers your car evolves to using, I think everyone should have at least one set of KW's. They sure are purty too, all shiny in SS!
They will give your car the lowest drop of any coil over. They are fully adjustable for ride height too, which is one of the many selling points of coilovers vs lowering springs.

The photos of my car in my signature are with KW V2's adjusted for 19 inch 3 piece forged wheels(see one with the gold center in the first photo). The Dforce 18 inch lightweight wheels(mounted in the pix) with BFG R1's fit perfectly for track sessions with no adjustments to the KW's needed.

Last edited by Bdave; 10-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
How does coil overs relate to forced induction?
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #14
Dirty Mike

My Ride: Fern Green 330ci
2001 330ci sport P
Dirty Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #15
lutzperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbhvn View Post
How does coil overs relate to forced induction?
There are a lot of members who come to this board/forum and only check the FI section and several of them have contacted us in regards to helping them out with KW Coilover pricing. So why not extend the help to all of you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Mike View Post
2001 330ci sport P
Check you PM's sir
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
We have an entire suspension subforum and a subsection in classifieds for suspension as well.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote