E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #141
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
Might as well check in.. Fern green 328i auto.
is it just me or am i seeing the ground through your front bumper

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #142
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
foglight + mesh delete
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #143
Stickbuilder

My Ride: Touring, and others
It must make you haters feel good to find a target rich thread like this. How bout this.................You silly asses with 3 pedals bought an old used car that was 1700 bucks cheaper than the Step equipped car. Sorry that you are such a broke ass biotch, and couldn't afford a more expensive model. Oh, and you still have to change the transmission oil and, yep you will have several clutches to go through, and then there is the known shifter problem and ............there is more. Sure you want to go down this road? We can get into the rear subframe mount problem that is more prevalent with the manual transmission equipped POS too. You really sure? C'mon punk, make my day.........

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Stickbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #144
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbuilder View Post
It must make you haters feel good to find a target rich thread like this. How bout this.................You silly asses with 3 pedals bought an old used car that was 1700 bucks cheaper than the Step equipped car. Sorry that you are such a broke ass biotch, and couldn't afford a more expensive model. Oh, and you still have to change the transmission oil and, yep you will have several clutches to go through, and then there is the known shifter problem and ............there is more. Sure you want to go down this road? We can get into the rear subframe mount problem that is more prevalent with the manual transmission equipped POS too. You really sure? C'mon punk, make my day.........
You should probably seek help.
WDE46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #145
MercForHire

Old man like stick definitely deserves more respect than us poor stick drivers.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #146
Stickbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
You should probably seek help.
You should probably K.M.A.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #147
Stickbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Old man like stick definitely deserves more respect than us poor stick drivers.
Stay off my lawn too,

Seriously, why don't you 3 pedal types start your own thread, and stay the Hell off this one?

English
Sarcasm
Profanity

Last edited by Stickbuilder; 10-15-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #148
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
hahahahahaha!

Whatever helps you sleep at night guy

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #149
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
lol

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #150
PrecisionX

My Ride: 2002 330CI
what the hell happened?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #151
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
foglight + mesh delete
Yes, its a slow process getting it back to its former glory

It did look like this.. Which do you prefer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1350338203.595853.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	474046  

Last edited by RKiepper; 10-15-2012 at 05:04 PM.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #152
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Are you so insecure that you have to convince yourself your better than others simply because you were able to afford a $1500 option on one of the lowest end BMWs? Get over yourself, your car was barely $40k when new... Doesnt exactly make you 1% material there... And frankly, you're 3x older than most of us. It'd be plain sad if you couldn't afford more expensive toys than those of us who are just getting started with their careers.

Fwiw, in the case of both cars I've purchased, I paid around $2-3k more than a than the fair market value of a comparable automatic. I don't think I'd do that if I were only buying a manual because that's all my broke ass could afford. It would actually have been cheaper for me to buy an SMG model and convert it to a manual than to buy the manual outright. But my time was worth more to me than the small savings.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 10-23-2012 at 12:38 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #153
Stickbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Are you so insecure that you have to convince yourself your better than others simply because you were able to afford a $1500 option on one of the lowest end BMWs? Get over yourself, your car was barely $40k when new... Doesnt exactly make you 1% material there... And frankly, you're 3x older than most of us. It'd be plain sad if you couldn't afford more expensive toys than those of us who are just getting started with their careers.

Fwiw, in the case of both cars I've purchased, I paid around $2-3k more than a than the fair market value of a comparable automatic. I don't think I'd do that if I were only buying a manual because that's all my broke ass could afford. It would actually have been cheaper for me to buy an SMG model and convert it to a manual than to buy the manual outright. But my time was worth more to me than the small savings.
The difference is that I bought mine new. You did not. Mine was a little more than you suggested too. That's okay, you probably were not old enough to know what prices were back then. Oh, and we also have a few newer cars including a New Bimmer too. I just like my old Touring well enough to keep it.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #154
Nick_M3

My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post

Quote:
The difference is that I bought mine new. You did not. Mine was a little more than you suggested too. That's okay, you probably were not old enough to know what prices were back then. Oh, and we also have a few newer cars including a New Bimmer too. I just like my old Touring well enough to keep it.
Haha wow. You sir might possibly be the biggest h0mo on this site. Which I gotta say is pretty hard to do considering up until a few minutes ago I thought I was the only h0mo here.

I would like to point out that I don't have a problem with steps. I personally don't prefer them but that doesn't mean they still aren't a great car and an awesome E46. There are also some advantages not to mention can be convenient. However my preferences gear me towards a manual.

You have your views which I completely respect. I definitely don't agree, but you are entitled to your own opinion without me calling you out. Unless of course you turn into a raging idiot talking anyone down with a different opinion as if you are some Divine BMW god sent from the holyland.

Maybe you are unaware but a 1700 add on depreciates just like the overall value of the car so when buying an E46 today after factoring in today's current depreciation rate combined with options overall impact on resale value and the preferences of most drivers looking for these cars. Congrats your 1700 dollar investment is now worth $0 and in some cases to -1000 give or take.

Transmission oil really? Because clearly your car lacks a transmission and clearly manual owners have been jumping for joy that we don't have to change our transmission oil causing you to feel need to point it out in protest.
So basically I guess what your saying is an overwhelming majority of fanatics on this forum are broke as biotches? I guess we are all 14 year old girls too because I don't think I've heard no one else use that word.

Several clutches? Interesting theory considering I'm about to hit 120,000 am my clutch is just as strong as as my buddy's who replaced his 700miles ago.

Know shifter problem is also interesting considering this is my 4th E46 and I've never had an issue.

Rear subframe mount more prevalent? You mean to say steps can experience this problem too?!

TerraPhantam wasn't old enough to know correct prices? Is it really his fault you let the dealer rape you for few extra coins?

Interesting how its ok for you to like your old used touring enough to keep but it somehow becomes a problem when I want to buy one?

But what would I know? I'm just a silly ass h0mo who bought an old used 3 pedal BMW because I couldn't afford the "1700" dollar more step equipped car.

Last edited by Nick_M3; 10-23-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #155
Nick_M3

My Ride: 2005 325ci
To every other step driver, congrats on owning a E46. Step or manual hope to see you fellow fanatics on the road.
Nick_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #156
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Hmm this thread looks interesting
Sub'd
Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #157
richyboycaldo

My Ride: Mx5 300zx 240z 330c
I would happily swap my 330ci step with paddle shifter for a nice 330ci manual
richyboycaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #158
MercForHire

He bought his touring in 2000 before 9/11.
$1700 back then is like $17000 right now, we all know what that did to our inflation rate.

Last edited by MercForHire; 10-24-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #159
Stickbuilder

Can't help but wonder why all the 3 pedal trash are here on a Steptronic thread.............Must make them feel somehow more girlish.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #160
SHOoff11

My Ride: 2006 Honda Civic Si
I wish I had steptronic, my '99 only has the regular automatic, and it really didn't like it when I tried to shift through the gears on it. Last time I tried that method the gear/exclamation light came up on the gear indicator and the car drove like ass.

2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black

1995 Silver Frost/Gray Taurus SHO (sold)

1999 BMW 328i Sedan Alpine White/Sand (sold)

Last edited by SHOoff11; 10-23-2012 at 11:12 PM.
SHOoff11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autotragic, slushboxes