E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #1021
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Shady...the only reason I went with some spikes stuff in the first place is I got it at dealer pricing. I think i might sell my spikes NiB BCG and buy a 3rd BCM bolt and just switch everything to BCM BCG..I also got a WMD NiB BCG in a group buy too ill probably sell and just keep all BCM BCG.

The good news for you is that you can sell the Spikes BCG for about $175 on arfcom right now, buy a brand new BCM BCG and still probably have a little left over.
Well, I got it back yesterday. It's a completely new BCG, not just the carrier. That's kind of cool. So do I just sell it? I've never bought or sold anything on ARF.com (I rarely even go on the sight, just to the manufacturers pages). The format of the EE intimidates me. Can I even sell something if I don't have a membership?

Last edited by Serbonze; 10-12-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #1022
04_e46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Don't recall who posted a picture of an AR pistol but what length of barrel are you running? Since I live in Cali, the closest I can get to an SBR is building an AR pistol...7.5 or 10.5 barrel?
04_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #1023
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
Don't recall who posted a picture of an AR pistol but what length of barrel are you running? Since I live in Cali, the closest I can get to an SBR is building an AR pistol...7.5 or 10.5 barrel?
Probably mine. I'm running a 10.5" mk18 style upper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #1024
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Anyone run PCM Xtac xp193? I'm assuming it's good enough for some range plinking? Picking up 800 rounds from a friend for $200
Old 10-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #1025
shwagon

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
Quote:
Anyone run PCM Xtac xp193? I'm assuming it's good enough for some range plinking? Picking up 800 rounds from a friend for $200
Just sold a bunch of mine (never got to shoot it) but it wasn't anywhere near that price good deal.
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #1026
04_e46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
I ran 500 or so in my ddm4, no problems at all..
04_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #1027
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Good to go on that. No problems cycling in either BCM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #1028
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
anything that isn't steel for that price is GOOD!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #1029
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
Just sold a bunch of mine (never got to shoot it) but it wasn't anywhere near that price good deal.
This guy always gives me some cheap ammo. Last week he needed to get rid of 500 9mm for $80(s&b brass)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
I ran 500 or so in my ddm4, no problems at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Good to go on that. No problems cycling in either BCM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
anything that isn't steel for that price is GOOD!
Awesome just what i wanted to hear..I had heard some mixed reviews of pmc bronze but not much about this stuff. Great price and he delivered it to one of my stores so it was a super easy transaction

Old 10-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #1030
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
After waiting a month for my SBR to be shipped from Florida to VA. I called to find out they "never received my FFLs information." So they have been sitting on my gun and my money for a month with no attempt to contact. I even called them an hour after placing my order to ensure they received all the paper work from my FFL in which they stated yes. So after talking to them Thursday, they NOW have the info. It will take another month for ATF to allow the transfer.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #1031
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
its amazing how shit just "gets lost", isnt it?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #1032
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Anyone need AR parts? I can stuff most of this stuff into one of the USPS flat rate ship boxes so it would be like five bucks to ship.

$25 Magpul AFG
$5 Each A2 Pistol Grip (one is missing screw)
$10 Hogue Rubber Grip
$15 Magpul MOE+ Grip in FDE
$15 Magpul MOE Grip in FDE
$25 YHM Eotech Riser (new)
$5 Generic double pistol mag pouch

Last edited by Serbonze; 10-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #1033
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Looks like the bcg might have sold quick on arfcom.

Im going toget my first little bit of training on Monday..,friend of mine(gun junkie and local leo) runs all the qualifications for his department. They have the range reserved Monday and he invited me down in the afternoon after they are done to give me some pointers(more pistol then rifle) but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #1034
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Yea, that was pretty dam quick. First time posting anything in the EE on that sight and I put it in the wrong damn forum. Oh well.

Good for you for getting some training under your belt. It will be a great way to get your feet wet and see if it is something that you want to continue.

Last edited by Serbonze; 10-13-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #1035
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Well, that sold fast. I have a feeling that my account may get suspended though. I think I broke five of their EE rules in just that one sale post. Oh well.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #1036
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Well, that sold fast. I have a feeling that my account may get suspended though. I think I broke five of their EE rules in just that one sale post. Oh well.
Haha it's a goofy ass forum, dumb rules in the ee. Saw you post in wrong forum, probably replied and bumped your thread against the rules haha
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #1037
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Oh, yea. First I posted in the wrong forum. Then I replied and bumped my own post. Then I edited the original to just say "sold". Then I edited the subject to just say "sold". Then I edited it again to put in the original info. I hate that site, that's why I never go there.

Oh yea, also doing this from my phone, which sucks!

Last edited by Serbonze; 10-13-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #1038
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
quick question, whats the difference between the BCM standard barrel, and their BFH barrel. i know that the BFH is cold hammer forged, but how does that make it different performance and durability wise in comparison to the standard?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #1039
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
quick question, whats the difference between the BCM standard barrel, and their BFH barrel. i know that the BFH is cold hammer forged, but how does that make it different performance and durability wise in comparison to the standard?
For a short, non-technical answer, the hammer forged barrel will last about twice as long and should be more precise during sustained shooting. Most shooters will not notice a difference between them though, since most will never put 40k rounds through their AR.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #1040
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
For a short, non-technical answer, the hammer forged barrel will last about twice as long and should be more precise during sustained shooting. Most shooters will not notice a difference between them though, since most will never put 40k rounds through their AR.
In the classes you attended was anybody running stainless steel barrels or all bhf/chf? I need to pull up the weight spec differences but i wasn't sure how ss barrels held up on heavy rates of fire.