E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #161
sedanpowersc

My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Updates??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

| BB Gen 3 Headers | Cosmos Racing V2 CAI | Muffler Delete | RE Underdrive Pulleys |
| 3.46 Diff | Tein S-Tech | Bilstein Sports | Hawk HPS | ASA AR1 | 35% Tint |
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #162
bryce-o

My Ride: 330Ci ZHP 3 pedal
i recommend contacting Eurocharged about the tuning. anthony didn't want me sharing that info; but Eurocharged is openly talking about their agreement on other websites.

Last edited by bryce-o; 10-15-2012 at 04:21 PM.
bryce-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #163
sedanpowersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce-o View Post
i recommend contacting Eurocharged about the tuning. anthony didn't want me sharing that info; but Eurocharged is openly talking about their agreement on other websites.
They only offer it for ZHP's

| BB Gen 3 Headers | Cosmos Racing V2 CAI | Muffler Delete | RE Underdrive Pulleys |
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #164
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanpowersc View Post
They only offer it for ZHP's
No they don't. Contact Jerry@eurocharged and he'll tell you what he can and can't do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #165
sedanpowersc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
No they don't. Contact Jerry@eurocharged and he'll tell you what he can and can't do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Where are they located and do they dyno tune or is it a can tune?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #166
bryce-o

they have offices in a few states. houston, tx......chicago, il.......others, too

they are partnering with bimmerbrakes to offer a flash tune for people that buy the headers from bimmerbrakes. it doesn't matter if it's a 325i, 330i, or zhp.....they tune everything.

i run the eurocharged tune on my zhp with headers; noticeable difference over stock, and great tune IMO
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #167
bryce-o

they have dyno facilities, too. i just have their canned tune for now. i have very good intentions of getting dyno tuned when my schedule opens up more
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #168
sedanpowersc

Quote:
they have dyno facilities, too. i just have their canned tune for now. i have very good intentions of getting dyno tuned when my schedule opens up more
This is what i want to do once i get serious about making some na power, I'm probably going to be getting CES in charlotte to get a real dyno tune.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #169
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
How does the tune measure up to shark or aa?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Bimmer App

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #170
bryce-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
How does the tune measure up to shark or aa?

well, although this is my first tune i've ran for the e46, i like it a lot.

i had the AA tune on the 135i i used to have. honestly, i wasn't impressed. there are FAR better tuning options in my opinion. Shark tune is ok, although it's not really optimized for catless headers. shark tune is great if you're just planning on running an intake or cat-back exhaust. headers, on the other hand, have no business running a shark tune. there's SOOO much fuel that needs to be added to the mid-range on-top of the "shark" style tune, when you're running catless.

i had the eurocharged stage I tune, which is pretty similar to the shark tune from teh dyno's i've seen and the performance i noticed. my buddy has a zhp coupe with the bmw performance intake and a shark tune, i'd say the shark is essentially the same as the eurocharged stage I.

when i got headers, my car was running lean, poorly, and the performance suffered. i knew the headers were installed correctly, so i went back to eurocharged. they customized a tune for me without strapping the car to the dyno. essentially, i believe it's the same (or similar) tune that anthony@bimmerbrakes is going to offer with his headers.

BIG improvement across the RPM range. no comparrison to a shark tune. the eurocharged stage II tune is perfect for catless headers. much more meat in the mid range, the upper rpms' scream, too, but that could be a result of my technik headers.

either way, i think eurocharged is the best tuning outfit for the e46 based on my experience, what i've read about AA, what i've noticed about the shark tune, and not withstanding the other flash tunes that i have no experience in.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #171
bryce-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanpowersc View Post
This is what i want to do once i get serious about making some na power, I'm probably going to be getting CES in charlotte to get a real dyno tune.

cool story bro
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #172
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
All is well. These will be release so dont worry.

I should here something back in a week or so...So sit tight

longest week ever
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #173
darksideracer69

Lol

IMAG02051
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #174
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
well, although this is my first tune i've ran for the e46, i like it a lot.

i had the AA tune on the 135i i used to have. honestly, i wasn't impressed. there are FAR better tuning options in my opinion. Shark tune is ok, although it's not really optimized for catless headers. shark tune is great if you're just planning on running an intake or cat-back exhaust. headers, on the other hand, have no business running a shark tune. there's SOOO much fuel that needs to be added to the mid-range on-top of the "shark" style tune, when you're running catless.

i had the eurocharged stage I tune, which is pretty similar to the shark tune from teh dyno's i've seen and the performance i noticed. my buddy has a zhp coupe with the bmw performance intake and a shark tune, i'd say the shark is essentially the same as the eurocharged stage I.

when i got headers, my car was running lean, poorly, and the performance suffered. i knew the headers were installed correctly, so i went back to eurocharged. they customized a tune for me without strapping the car to the dyno. essentially, i believe it's the same (or similar) tune that anthony@bimmerbrakes is going to offer with his headers.

BIG improvement across the RPM range. no comparrison to a shark tune. the eurocharged stage II tune is perfect for catless headers. much more meat in the mid range, the upper rpms' scream, too, but that could be a result of my technik headers.

either way, i think eurocharged is the best tuning outfit for the e46 based on my experience, what i've read about AA, what i've noticed about the shark tune, and not withstanding the other flash tunes that i have no experience in.
I'm interested in a eurocharged tune..

I agree the shark isn't "advertised" for catless headers. The problem is, every dyno I've seen shows the shark to be stronger all throughout the rev band than any other company's "header specific" tune. I couldn't find a "sharked" dyno with the A/F ratio on the bottom, but then again, I haven't heard anyone getting a "lean" code from it
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #175
bryce-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post

I agree the shark isn't "advertised" for catless headers. The problem is, every dyno I've seen shows the shark to be stronger all throughout the rev band than any other company's "header specific" tune. I couldn't find a "sharked" dyno with the A/F ratio on the bottom, but then again, I haven't heard anyone getting a "lean" code from it
i wasn't getting a lean code.

my car's performance went down after installing the headers. i logged A/F ratio during WOT and noticed slightly leaner performance in the midrange. that's where the biggest power loss could be felt.

so, i went back to eurocharged and had them re-do a tune for me.

i've had 3 BMW's now (135i, 335i, and my e46 330ci zhp). my 135i and especially my 335i made much more power (430whp on the e90)

i can tell you taht if you go catless, there are a lot of gains to be had by further tuning in the low-mid range. twin turbo engines are another animal, but even the m54b30 needs some custom tuning when running headers.

eurocharged doesn't get into BMW's all that much. look them up though. they have a very deep resume of tuning cars. the one in houston, by where i live, tunes Ferrari's, Lambo's, and a ton of Merc's.

they're just as capable as any other respectable tuning outfit, but my money's on them for the best flash options for e46's non-m

Last edited by bryce-o; 10-17-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #176
darksideracer69

I've always heard that shark was better from many people, and I've only heard that other tunes were better from a couple of people. The only thing that kills me is that the shark tune doesn't get rid of post cat monitoring. So you would need to use an lc1 or o2 Sims to get rid of the ses.

IMAG02051

Last edited by darksideracer69; 10-17-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #177
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post

Just look at my build thread. Has AFRs for shark/stock/shark with nitrous... etc
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #178
darksideracer69

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Just look at my build thread. Has AFRs for shark/stock/shark with nitrous... etc
Who has something to compare to other tunes?

IMAG02051
Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #179
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
It looks like it does run lean mid-upper range.. wonder if it's enough to wear out the engine.
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #180
darksideracer69

Haven't heard of any premature failures related to shark tune yet. But I would like to know what other tunes AFRs look like.

IMAG02051