E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #1761
nissan00b

My Ride: 323 Ci
After having the WINCE unit for over a 1/2 year here are some things that I have noticed:

The rubber coating on the knobs began to peel off. Even when I first received the coating had small imperfections on the edges. Ended up just peeling it all off and its much better.

The built in mic worked great when I first got it, now its completely useless. From what Ive read theres no plug for an external mic, are there any other options to fix the built in one or tap into the internal one?

Tried 3 different antenna adapters and still cant get the radio to work. Im thinking of just adding an entire antenna to the unit, does anyone have suggestions on this?

The most annoying trait of this unit is when you turn off the car, then turn it on again it goes to a random menu. And when I turn it on it usually goes to the radio which doesnt even work.. Has anyone figured out how to keep it saved to a certain menu?
nissan00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #1762
aknot

My Ride: E46 M3 2006 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
For what I paid and got free rear-cam , free usb maps and free antenna (i got 2) lol I'm extremely Happy!!
Also headache with Android, crappy volume control and other "nice" features

Rear camera (~ 10$) can be connected to original OEM Navi too; 2Gb SDcard (~ 5$); iGo - "free" + Android phone

Last edited by aknot; 10-16-2012 at 09:12 AM.
aknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #1763
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknot View Post
Also headache with Android, crappy volume control and other "nice" features

Rear camera (~ 10$) can be connected to original OEM Navi too; 2Gb SDcard (~ 5$); iGo - "free" + Android phone
I have the WinCe version . Everyone knows the Android is full of glitches .so still win
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #1764
sedanpowersc

My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
I have the WinCe version . Everyone knows the Android is full of glitches .so still win
No glitches on wince version?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

| BB Gen 3 Headers | Cosmos Racing V2 CAI | Muffler Delete | RE Underdrive Pulleys |
| 3.46 Diff | Tein S-Tech | Bilstein Sports | Hawk HPS | ASA AR1 | 35% Tint |
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #1765
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
No glitches on wince version?
No glitches as far as the wince part freezing.. the wince unit does not freeze and everything works, except for the known random boots
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #1766
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post
No glitches as far as the wince part freezing.. the wince unit does not freeze and everything works, except for the known random boots
The random boots is not a big deal overall , just change the mode and that it
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #1767
atgunit

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP 6MT
Hey guys if you have wince, do locs have to be installed too? Is the loc a 2 channel or 4 channel? Sorry i am new to this.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #1768
J LAU

My Ride: 325i
Anyone in SGV has this? May I please take a look?
J LAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #1769
iloml

My Ride: 2002 323ci
Send a message via ICQ to iloml
android VS wince

I'm looking for a hu for my 2002 330ci e46, dynavin's is a great product but the price is too expensive, this unit looks like a dynavin but definitely it's a clone, since android is a new product compared to wince, there must be much more issues for android in a clone unit, so i'd prefer the one with wince, anyone tried this unit?http://www.cars-electronics.com/doub...-fm_p1272.html would appreciate for your feedback.
iloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #1770
rmilleta

My Ride: 2005 325 IC
My experience is that these clones are poor designed products, half cooked. Can't use bluetooth phone and GPS at the same time. the ipod interface is very poor. Volume control is another issue since each app has its own control. Glare is an issue. PiP banner is always displayed even if you don't want it. So don't expect a well designed, feature reach, supported product. As I said, it kind of works... half cooked...If I would've known all the issues, I wouldn't have bought it.

My two cents...
rmilleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #1771
Chilton88

My Ride: 325ci, 325xi
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloml View Post
I'm looking for a hu for my 2002 330ci e46, dynavin's is a great product but the price is too expensive, this unit looks like a dynavin but definitely it's a clone, since android is a new product compared to wince, there must be much more issues for android in a clone unit, so i'd prefer the one with wince, anyone tried this unit?http://www.cars-electronics.com/doub...-fm_p1272.html would appreciate for your feedback.
Hey dude...read the entire thread regarding these units.
Chilton88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #1772
aknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloml View Post
I suggest you to take a look on branded 2DIN head units. Anyway video of this unit shows that shell of this unit response faster and stable. Maybe it worth to try

Last edited by aknot; 10-22-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #1773
atgunit

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP 6MT
Guys what LOC are you using a 2 channel or 4 channel, any recommendations?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #1774
BM330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via Skype™ to BM330
Has someone noticed that in Skype signature for Jolly is written,that the new units have Android 4.0 version on ?????
Old 10-24-2012, 04:34 AM   #1775
aknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM330 View Post
Has someone noticed that in Skype signature for Jolly is written,that the new units have Android 4.0 version on ?????
Have you solved issue with Android reboots? Does Jolly support you?

My opinion that it's not a big deal Android 2.3 or 4.0. The most important thing is that Android must work and not only for youtube and www.

I don't believe that they can deploy product with Android 4.0 which will work better than current version. For normal operation Android 4.0 requires minimum 512Mb RAM, 1Ghz CPU and a recent GPU, otherwise it will work as current ENCO B046 (damn slow and with lags)
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #1776
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Have you solved issue with Android reboots? Does Jolly support you?

My opinion that it's not a big deal Android 2.3 or 4.0. The most important thing is that Android must work and not only for youtube and www.

I don't believe that they can deploy product with Android 4.0 which will work better than current version. For normal operation Android 4.0 requires minimum 512Mb RAM, 1Ghz CPU and a recent GPU, otherwise it will work as current ENCO B046 (damn slow and with lags)
4.0 is a huge difference over 2.3. Major refinements, everything runs smoother, etc. 4.1 is even better.

Also, those specs are total bullsh1t. I had a first gen Galaxy S and it ran considerably better with 4.0 than 2.2/2.3 and has quite a bit lower specs. (256mb RAM, ~800Mhz proc, slow as **** GPU)

Unlike Apple crap, every new major Android release has run faster than the previous version on old hardware. If these are actually running 4.0, it gives them a HUGE advantage over the Android 2.2 Dynavin crap. Bring it up to 4.1 and the Dynavin isn't even worth considering anymore.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #1777
sedanpowersc

My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
4.0 is a huge difference over 2.3. Major refinements, everything runs smoother, etc. 4.1 is even better.

Also, those specs are total bullsh1t. I had a first gen Galaxy S and it ran considerably better with 4.0 than 2.2/2.3 and has quite a bit lower specs. (256mb RAM, ~800Mhz proc, slow as **** GPU)

Unlike Apple crap, every new major Android release has run faster than the previous version on old hardware. If these are actually running 4.0, it gives them a HUGE advantage over the Android 2.2 Dynavin crap. Bring it up to 4.1 and the Dynavin isn't even worth considering anymore.
This^ but if the enco units keep freezing up with the android software then we're back where we started

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

| BB Gen 3 Headers | Cosmos Racing V2 CAI | Muffler Delete | RE Underdrive Pulleys |
| 3.46 Diff | Tein S-Tech | Bilstein Sports | Hawk HPS | ASA AR1 | 35% Tint |
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #1778
aknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post

I didn't say that there is no difference between Android versions. It's to optimistic to believe that szenco will post firmware with android 4 or bug fixes for current B046 unit. What should I do with my crappy android 2.3 in that case?!
You are comparing Samsung hardware which was developed by the bunch of engineers with the Szenco engineers, which manufacture low quality devices (as 90% of noname chinese manufactures do).

OK, i'm too pessimistic

Last edited by aknot; 10-25-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #1779
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
You are comparing Samsung hardware which was developed by the bunch of engineers with the Szenco engineers, which manufacture low quality devices (as 90% of noname chinese manufactures do).

OK, i'm too pessimistic

It still likely uses a SoC from a major manufacturer since these noname chinese manufactures would never have the resources to design their own SoC. The Dynavin uses a TI OMAP SoC, for example. The crappy Android build it is running could probably be fixed by building an AOSP ROM for it, but I'm betting it's in the same place as the Dynavin, having no touchscreen drivers available to us so we wouldn't be able to build a fully functional kernel.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #1780
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
I didn't say that there is no difference between Android versions. It's to optimistic to believe that szenco will post firmware with android 4 or bug fixes for current B046 unit. What should I do with my crappy android 2.3 in that case?!

OK, i'm too pessimistic
The problem with the b046 and b146 is not the unit itself , As some of the internal components are quiet good. The Main Issue is the low budget internal software they use.

Quote:
It still likely uses a SoC from a major manufacturer since these noname chinese manufactures would never have the resources to design their own SoC. The Dynavin uses a TI OMAP SoC, for example. The crappy Android build it is running could probably be fixed by building an AOSP ROM for it, but I'm betting it's in the same place as the Dynavin, having no touchscreen drivers available to us so we wouldn't be able to build a fully functional kernel.
You are Correct about this...
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote