E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
lakedude90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: lake anna/norfolk v.a.
Posts: 431
My Ride: 03' 325i
anyone see last nights episode
__________________
_____________
Jacob
03' 325i

Last edited by lakedude90; 10-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
moiz21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,412
My Ride: 1999 323i 5-SPD
Yup, did you? Didn't expect the kid to be Nolan's son. In retrospect, it should have been obvious. Just didn't pick up on it beforehand though. I like the direction it's going in, overall though.
__________________

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S / 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
moiz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
MrAdventure
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 34
My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
kinda figured the kid was his son halfway through, mainly because of the backstory bits.
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
lakedude90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: lake anna/norfolk v.a.
Posts: 431
My Ride: 03' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiz21 View Post
Yup, did you? Didn't expect the kid to be Nolan's son. In retrospect, it should have been obvious. Just didn't pick up on it beforehand though. I like the direction it's going in, overall though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
kinda figured the kid was his son halfway through, mainly because of the backstory bits.
yeah I saw it. I didnt expect it either but then once I saw them together I could see the resemblense. Idk why they split up once they we're on the train. They could have easily both gone after the son and got off the train before the bomb went off. But they have to keep it going so it works out. So now the mom told them about the pendant, how does the guy that attacked the lady with the computer and the militia all connect?

And why did the mom leave the family in the first place? I need more back story
__________________
_____________
Jacob
03' 325i

Last edited by lakedude90; 10-16-2012 at 01:10 PM.
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #25
moiz21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,412
My Ride: 1999 323i 5-SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude90 View Post
yeah I saw it. I didnt expect it either but then once I saw them together I could see the resemblense. Idk why they split up once they we're on the train. They could have easily both gone after the son and got off the train before the bomb went off. But they have to keep it going so it works out. So now the mom told them about the pendant, how does the guy that attacked the lady with the computer and the militia all connect?

And why did the mom leave the family in the first place? I need more back story
That's what always kills me. I know it takes away time from the present storyline, but I always want to know detailed backgrounds on characters in these type of situations. How it led up to everything.
__________________

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S / 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
moiz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
MrAdventure
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 34
My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude90 View Post
So now the mom told them about the pendant, how does the guy that attacked the lady with the computer and the militia all connect?
I'm guessing the attacker is from a different "nation"
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
lakedude90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: lake anna/norfolk v.a.
Posts: 431
My Ride: 03' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
I'm guessing the attacker is from a different "nation"
yeah its possible but the woman knew him(assuming) by name. Cause she told the person/people on the computer. Theres appertly 12 of these pedants, i think she said or maybe 6 idk and we only know of 2. The mom told monroe that he needs all of them for starters to get the power on. But we clearly know you only need one to atleast power a computer, ipod, etc.
__________________
_____________
Jacob
03' 325i
lakedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
CoconutPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North CT & Denmark.
Posts: 2,479
My Ride: E90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Is there any explanation for why the power going out makes all the guns and bicycles disappear?
Guns are still around. Bicycles are not in the show because it takes place in what was the United States
__________________
----------
The word "there" can appear as a pronoun, as in “over there."

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.” “They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”
-----------
Extra Credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3"
not "I'm looking for a M3".
-----------
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
I have the biggest crush on Charley or whatever her name is. Only watched the first episode.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #30
Grande D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 3,309
My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Kind of interesting how they describe the power just going out, showing laptops with perfectly working batteries flashing off at the same time as houselights. I actually think the premise is kinda weak, but with that said I have watched the episodes and find it entertaining.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
here today, gone tomm

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #31
Bemwe_03i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cal AB garage
Posts: 1,235
My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
Trying to get into this show or any tv show this fall. Just watched the 6 episodes on youtube the revolution revealed ones where they show parts. Im gonna watch it tomorrow.
__________________
Bemwe_03i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #32
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I have the biggest crush on Charley or whatever her name is. Only watched the first episode.
She's 15
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #33
Bemwe_03i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cal AB garage
Posts: 1,235
My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
She's 15
24,25 idk in the movie
__________________
Bemwe_03i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
guest1008
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,048
My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Kind of interesting how they describe the power just going out, showing laptops with perfectly working batteries flashing off at the same time as houselights. I actually think the premise is kinda weak, but with that said I have watched the episodes and find it entertaining.
Think EMP. Since nothing's really been explained yet, there's nothing really wrong with the premise.

Something caused all electricity to stop working. It only makes sense that batteries would go at the same time as a lightbulb.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #35
ngillan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 429
My Ride: Is in a salvage yard
that bomb on the train was weak sauce, charley's brother was in no real danger there, nor would it have cause a significant loss of life to the bad guys like the revolutionists had said it would.
last episode I watched online was where they took the puerto rican girl to the heroin mansion to get fixed up. After the fat guy shot himself in the flask he then shot and killed the leader of the mansion, why did the leader's goons not shoot back?
(sorry haven't bothered to learn many names at this point)
__________________


'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'95 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
'98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
ngillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
Grande D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 3,309
My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post
that bomb on the train was weak sauce, charley's brother was in no real danger there, nor would it have cause a significant loss of life to the bad guys like the revolutionists had said it would.
last episode I watched online was where they took the puerto rican girl to the heroin mansion to get fixed up. After the fat guy shot himself in the flask he then shot and killed the leader of the mansion, why did the leader's goons not shoot back?
(sorry haven't bothered to learn many names at this point)
The cliché "cut the head off the snake"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
here today, gone tomm

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #37
FTLAUDM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 1,492
My Ride: M3, Z4
I like the show, but it's definitely not that good. I try and overlook the stupid things that happen (train scene), but they add up and take away from it being a great show. The girl character (Charlie) is 24 just so you know. I had to look it up after you said she was 15. Felt like the pedobear for a second...

We'll see what happens tonight....
__________________
FTLAUDM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use