E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Step 1: check your salmon relay. There are quite a few threads on the forums about the cog. Read them.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #22
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Focus on exam and bring it to a dealer.
Don't worry. Daddy will pay for everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Cherry View Post
22, senior at Purdue. Paying for everything myself, titled to myself, and everything from gas, maintenance, mods, insurance etc is paid by me in full. don't put me with those other high school kids that e46 fanatics like to hate on so much. no offense to those guys
has he annoyed you yet with his comments in your thread? has he posted anything of help? HE IS A TROLL. he does this all the time.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
E46Cherry

My Ride: 2003 M3
yeah well it's all good. I'll get the codes and go from there. btw thanks for the manual Alex. Thanks for everyone's input as well
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #24
scca_ziptie

My Ride: 2006 M3 SMG Comp pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Cherry View Post
yeah well it's all good. I'll get the codes and go from there. btw thanks for the manual Alex. Thanks for everyone's input as well
Just a thought - what was the ambient temperature when this light illuminated? I have heard this displays if the transmission passes a temperature parameter ..? Just a thought.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Yes, there are different reasons for the cog to go on. Relay, overheating, hood sensor. There's a comprehensive thread that was posted in the M3 section not long ago.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
E46Cherry

just got home last night. read the codes.
only code that showed up was Table 1b, Code 69 via Peake R5/FCX-3.
The code is defined by Engine Coolant Temperature, Plausibility.

Anything I should be concerned about?
Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #27
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Yes, there are different reasons for the cog to go on. Relay, overheating, hood sensor. There's a comprehensive thread that was posted in the M3 section not long ago.
Really? Relay, overheating, hood sensor. Where did you get that from? The reason it looks like a GEAR is because its a transmission (GEARS?) sensor alert. Otherwise it would look like a hood? Or a radiator? Or a relay? Or a radiator relay hoody thing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Page61.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	474788  
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #28
E46Cherry

So is there anything I should be worried about? Cog light hasn't showed up since and only code was the coolant temperature thing..
Old 10-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #29
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
has he annoyed you yet with his comments in your thread? has he posted anything of help? HE IS A TROLL. he does this all the time.
I look at the big picture. A kid shouldn't worry about his POS car such as an e46 before a university final exam. His future and career depends on it.
There are ppl who commit suicide over 1 failed exam
MercForHire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #30
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
I look at the big picture. A kid shouldn't worry about his POS car such as an e46 before a university final exam. His future and career depends on it.
There are ppl who commit suicide over 1 failed exam
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exclamation point, gears, m3, smg, transmission