E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #41
pilot1ner

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyB4 View Post
I hope they dressed those cuts on the factory sheetmetal. Looks like a 2 year did the cutting.

Second, the choice of using universal fiberglass fender flares that are not even shaped to fit the body lines?

Widebody is never a cheap proposition, so why have it done cheaply?
Fiberglass is fiberglass. That's all they do at this shop. They gave me a choice of metal or fiberglass, I like fiberglass. Their still cutting and molding. They had to use universal because the other flares weren't big enough. Cheap??? Really bro?! Wow...I will just leave that one alone.

Last edited by pilot1ner; 10-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.
pilot1ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyB4 View Post
I hope they dressed those cuts on the factory sheetmetal. Looks like a 2 year did the cutting.

Second, the choice of using universal fiberglass fender flares that are not even shaped to fit the body lines?

Widebody is never a cheap proposition, so why have it done cheaply?
Oh and they cut the sheetmetal just do they can move the car around. This shop knows what their doing, their whole waiting room is filled with best overal trophies from car shows. In and around LA county.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #43
jtrejo

My Ride: e46 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1ner View Post
Oh and they cut the sheetmetal just do they can move the car around. This shop knows what their doing, their whole waiting room is filled with best overal trophies from car shows. In and around LA county.
what is shops name?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #44
pilot1ner

The shop sent me a pic of my car and you can really see the subtle body line my other body guy put for my hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dome 2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	473724  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #45
pilot1ner

They just started on the fronts. I already love it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	474204   Click image for larger version

Name:	front 1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	474205   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	474206   Click image for larger version

Name:	side 2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	474207  

Last edited by pilot1ner; 10-16-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #46
PatmanSC

My Ride: 06 AW/IR M3
Which shop u go to?

06 Alpine White/Imola Red M3 coupe, {Stage 2.5 P6766 open wastegate}
| M2-Motoring | HRE Wheels | Horsepower Freaks | Tecnocraft | Oink Fabrications | Toyo Tires | Mother's |
00 Phoenix Yellow/Red Recaro Integra Type R #00-0035 {JDM Conversion, Built B18C5, Ferea internals, Toda build soon}
PatmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #47
d'ray18

My Ride: E90 335
More pics!!

2008 E90 335i
d'ray18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #48
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ray18 View Post
More pics!!
I'm waiting for them to just send me more pics. I'll post as soon as I get them
Old 10-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #49
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ray18 View Post
More pics!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatmanSC View Post
Which shop u go to?
I'll tell everybody where I go to get my mechanical stuff done but I'm keeping my body shop under wraps.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #50
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
Not digging how the rear bumper is tied into the rear quarter, looks to "bubbly"

However I do like how they tied in the rear quarter to the side skirt (might do the same but it will be harder with my Hamman GTR side skirts) the front from what i can see looks to bubbly for me... Does not tapper like the stock e46 body does...

P.S Not hating just letting you know my opinion cuz I know what something like this costs and after spending all that money i'm still not satisfied 100% with my custom rear end, Aslong as you like it that's all that matters!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #51
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
Not digging how the rear bumper is tied into the rear quarter, looks to "bubbly"

However I do like how they tied in the rear quarter to the side skirt (might do the same but it will be harder with my Hamman GTR side skirts) the front from what i can see looks to bubbly for me... Does not tapper like the stock e46 body does...

P.S Not hating just letting you know my opinion cuz I know what something like this costs and after spending all that money i'm still not satisfied 100% with my custom rear end, Aslong as you like it that's all that matters!
They just started the front fenders and so far it's already really close the drawing I gave them. Also people think the rear part of the car is easy to follow the lines...it's not. Especially with the size of the tires I put. They actually cut the fender and rolled it towards the top of the body line. In my opinion it's close as hell to oem . The cheap flossman kits have really straight fenders. The fenders look like their popin because there not painted. Just be patient.

Last edited by pilot1ner; 10-16-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #52
323tom

My widen rear is just as wide or wider and there's no bulky rear bumper action going on lol, It's because they used generic fiber glass pieces instead of fabricating them by hand... Sorry but to me it looks like all the other body kits and not custom but once it's painted I'm sure it will still look good and the main thing is you will have room for those big MT tires
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
pilot1ner

Quote:
My widen rear is just as wide or wider and there's no bulky rear bumper action going on lol, It's because they used generic fiber glass pieces instead of fabricating them by hand... Sorry but to me it looks like all the other body kits and not custom but once it's painted I'm sure it will still look good and the main thing is you will have room for those big MT tires
Ok they use universal fender flares, we get that! haha damn. Fiberberglass is fiberglass f@ck!!... Cheap whatever bro. Who the f@#k is gonna pay to have someone fabicate something buy han that could just use a piece of "generic" fiberglass?? Alot time and money wasted if you ask me. Take a look at these pics. The white car and the blue are he same car done buy my body shop and then look at the pic of blue car with the cheap body kit. They sure look the same dont they. yea right. Sure mine is gonna look like all the other kits. What kind of **** you getting on urs Tom.. a space ship?? lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	er 2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	474303   Click image for larger version

Name:	er.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	474304   Click image for larger version

Name:	ex.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	474305   Click image for larger version

Name:	fl.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	474306  

Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #54
zurus

My Ride: .
You are one angry dude
zurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #55
323tom

Ok I won't give u my opinion, u got rage tho

P.S. the rear quarters on my "space ship" were hand crafted not generic fibreglass

Last edited by 323tom; 10-17-2012 at 11:26 AM.
323tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #56
pilot1ner

Quote:
Ok I won't give u my opinion, u got rage tho

P.S. the rear quarters on my "space ship" were hand crafted not generic fibreglass
Sorry 3 hours of sleep Working with strippers and having to go to chemistry class will do that! Haha Buts to me it's more about the work that the people do rather than the material. And their work is second to none.

Last edited by pilot1ner; 10-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #57
Miss325

My Ride: 05 325CiC Individual
Quote:
They just started the front fenders and so far it's already really close the drawing I gave them. Also people think the rear part of the car is easy to follow the lines...it's not. Especially with the size of the tires I put. They actually cut the fender and rolled it towards the top of the body line. In my opinion it's close as hell to oem . The cheap flossman kits have really straight fenders. The fenders look like their popin because there not painted. Just be patient.
I think you mean Flo▀mann style kits are cheap. The genuine kits cost upwards of $7500 USD in fiberglass, and upwards of $9500 USD in carbon, without shipping, which alone is over $1000. I would hardly call that cheap?

Last edited by Miss325; 10-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Miss325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #58
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss325 View Post
I think you mean Flo▀mann style kits are cheap. The genuine kits cost upwards of $7500 USD in fiberglass, and upwards of $9500 USD in carbon, without shipping, which alone is over $1000. I would hardly call that cheap?
Yea the Flossman replicas kits are wack. But also I think it's how the shop does their work. I would never pay 10,000 dollars for a kit that's not even molded on to the car. S@$t!!! I just got more pics but the shop doesn't want me to post pics of how they layed the fiberglass down. The whole car looks different than the pics I put on here. They do their work fast.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #59
Miss325

My Ride: 05 325CiC Individual
Quote:
Yea the Flossman replicas kits are wack. But also I think it's how the shop does their work. I would never pay 10,000 dollars for a kit that's not even molded on to the car. S@$t!!! I just got more pics but the shop doesn't want me to post pics of how they layed the fiberglass down. The whole car looks different than the pics I put on here. They do their work fast.
To each their own, horse for courses etc. To many people paying that bit extra for a lightweight material i.e. carbon, is worth it.

Good on you for not giving a damn about what people think though, there's nothing worse then a cookie cutter car with replica wheels etc.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #60
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss325 View Post
To each their own, horse for courses etc. To many people paying that bit extra for a lightweight material i.e. carbon, is worth it.

Good on you for not giving a damn about what people think though, there's nothing worse then a cookie cutter car with replica wheels etc.
Yea people don't understand there's stages in which u do body work. People are commenting on how it looks without letting them blending body lines etc... It looks so different than the pics I post. Ur right I don't really don't care what people think. Ps ur ride is dope!